Poll

Buff multiple horse features, make horses take slots.

Yes
32 (37.2%)
No
54 (62.8%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: [Big Balance] Horses, THE ANSWER?!?!?!  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [Big Balance] Horses, THE ANSWER?!?!?!
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2011, 02:07:49 pm »
+1
tbh, i would rather pay alot of money for upkeep than be even more reduced in my weapon choices. If anything riding a horse should give you extra slots :)
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2011, 08:04:48 pm »
tbh, i would rather pay alot of money for upkeep than be even more reduced in my weapon choices. If anything riding a horse should give you extra slots :)
I just remembered the suggestion about making horses able to carry gear. So make it so you had to retrieve the weapon from the horse or something. Dunno exactly HOW that would work, but it could be interesting.

Also to Odin:

THE FUCK DUDE!?!? You wont even BOTHER to reply? Guess you ARE a douchebag who just wanted to whine and not actually discussing this suggestion. Or maybe I just beat the crap out of you, internet style! Forum victory, BEEYOTCH!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2011, 12:26:26 pm »
Normal horses(Rouncey,Palfrey,Sumpter) 1 slot, rest 2 slots.Balanced cav /thread

Op has awesome idea.

this means any cav has to be dedicated cav, what about hybrids?
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2011, 04:55:18 pm »
No need to be dedicated.They can still be Hybrids, they just need to use 1slot horses and watch their weapon choice.

Also dont you think it´s a bit mutch to expect killing all idiots with lances first until your horse dies, then come up, draw your MW Greatsword and beat the crap out of the rest from behind?

This would make Cav just balanced.If you want to be a heavy knight with plate armor and a Plate horse, you can still be that.With 1h and Shield.If you want a Lance AND a shield, go take a worse horse...
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2011, 05:40:11 pm »
No need to be dedicated.They can still be Hybrids, they just need to use 1slot horses and watch their weapon choice.

Also dont you think it´s a bit mutch to expect killing all idiots with lances first until your horse dies, then come up, draw your MW Greatsword and beat the crap out of the rest from behind?

This would make Cav just balanced.If you want to be a heavy knight with plate armor and a Plate horse, you can still be that.With 1h and Shield.If you want a Lance AND a shield, go take a worse horse...
uhm... okay, you said "if you want to be a heavy knight with plate armor and a plate horse.
Well, a courser is not a plate horse, yet it still apparently takes 2 slots. That leaves room for exactly one heavy lance. Even if the lance is reduced to a 1 slot. It leaves room for only shitty 2h. My current equipment is medium armor + courser/arabian (depends on map) + danish great + heavy lance.
The only way this would be feasible is if any unarmored horse (including destrier and courser) would be 1 slot and heavy lances also became one slot.

I don't want a shield, i just want my lance and my sword on my horse. This doesn't seem like overtly much equipment.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:43:34 pm by Wookimonsta »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2011, 06:51:03 pm »
uhm... okay, you said "if you want to be a heavy knight with plate armor and a plate horse.
Well, a courser is not a plate horse, yet it still apparently takes 2 slots. That leaves room for exactly one heavy lance. Even if the lance is reduced to a 1 slot. It leaves room for only shitty 2h. My current equipment is medium armor + courser/arabian (depends on map) + danish great + heavy lance.
The only way this would be feasible is if any unarmored horse (including destrier and courser) would be 1 slot and heavy lances also became one slot.

I don't want a shield, i just want my lance and my sword on my horse. This doesn't seem like overtly much equipment.
Well a heavy lance AND a greatsword is kinda OP when you can also take a good horse.

That's why the suggestion I made makes more sense. Courser/Arab/Destrier and Armoured horses 1 slot, rest 0 slot. Heavy/normal/light lance remains 2 slot, great/jousting lance becomes 1.

If you want both H. Lance and Greatsword, take a lower light horse.
If you want a good light horse or armoured horse, take a H. Lance and a bad 2h (bad when dehorsed) OR take a G. Lance and a Greatsword (not as good on horse but full fighting chance when horse is lost).

It also works the same for 1h+shield and polearm. You want to be good at both ground and on horse, you have to take a "lesser" horse. You want to get a good horse you have to sacrifice a bit in either footfighting or horsefighting.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2011, 12:53:59 am »
You want to be good at both ground and on horse, you have to take a "lesser" horse. You want to get a good horse you have to sacrifice a bit in either footfighting or horsefighting.

We already take a hit in wpf, stats and skill points, and crpg money.

You can rest assured, when my 1h/p-arm/shield guy gets knocked off his horse, he's going to have probably less ability points, defenitely less wpf, and less iron flesh, than the 'no horse 1 weapon build guy', waiting to smash his head in, as he slides off his horse...

So your statement of 'bieng good at both'  is not true, its bieng average at both, + a horse which SHOULD be a terrifyingly affective asset on the battlefield. -Which is already reflected in their upkeep costs, especially the ones with horsebump viability.

But once on foot, unless your opponent has done something to multi-specialize himself, mathamatically according to the system, The hybrid actually has 'less than average' stats.

So no, your wrong about the whole 'good at both' thing, (which your using as the basis for your argument)

And no, making horses taking slots, will simply kill a multitude of horse classes.

This is not the way to do it, defenitely not.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:05:50 am by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2011, 03:37:36 am »
Just saw the most rediculous thing.....Black armor, with a lance, spammitar, and a shield, AND MOUNTED. Stuff like that needs to be looked into, he was basically unstoppable.
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2011, 08:42:57 am »
how the hell is a greatsword and a lance op?
carrying 2 weapons that have no addons (like arrows or bolts) does NOT seem like alot.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:47:24 am by Wookimonsta »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2011, 07:05:17 pm »
We already take a hit in wpf, stats and skill points, and crpg money.

You can rest assured, when my 1h/p-arm/shield guy gets knocked off his horse, he's going to have probably less ability points, defenitely less wpf, and less iron flesh, than the 'no horse 1 weapon build guy', waiting to smash his head in, as he slides off his horse...

So your statement of 'bieng good at both'  is not true, its bieng average at both, + a horse which SHOULD be a terrifyingly affective asset on the battlefield. -Which is already reflected in their upkeep costs, especially the ones with horsebump viability.

But once on foot, unless your opponent has done something to multi-specialize himself, mathamatically according to the system, The hybrid actually has 'less than average' stats.

So no, your wrong about the whole 'good at both' thing, (which your using as the basis for your argument)

And no, making horses taking slots, will simply kill a multitude of horse classes.

This is not the way to do it, defenitely not.

So you don't think reducing horse costs, making couch only lances 1 slot and thus balancing the different horse classes a good thing? I would rather have that than what we have now, where the h.lance is so OP compared to the rest of them.

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2011, 11:01:53 pm »
how the hell is a greatsword and a lance op?
carrying 2 weapons that have no addons (like arrows or bolts) does NOT seem like alot.

It's alot though if they have they are on an armored horse with a lance, and they are a super infantry in black armor with a greatsword. It makes them able to do anything but shoot/throw, which they won't even need because archers will avoid armored horses/infantry like the plague. (Unless they are some strategic squad trying to help the team, like Fallen)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2011, 11:20:18 pm »
It's alot though if they have they are on an armored horse with a lance, and they are a super infantry in black armor with a greatsword. It makes them able to do anything but shoot/throw, which they won't even need because archers will avoid armored horses/infantry like the plague. (Unless they are some strategic squad trying to help the team, like Fallen)

"super infantry in black armor" you mean super tortoise unable to swing ?

"archers will avoid armored horses/infantry like the plague." Archers will still shoot at those horses when safe. And on foot, a black armor guy usually dies in 4-5 arrows. A little dozen maximum. But anyway he actually dies faster than a light armored inf because he is unable to dodge anything with that much armor (don't forget, cav = at least 5 less skillpoints, many already decided to follow the pure cav route, 0 athletics). Not to mention he will never catch any archer with his run speed.

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2011, 03:44:32 am »
Kafein-  "he actually dies faster than a light armored inf "

I do not entirely agree with this, a majority of black armor players I see can have no issue with dodging, and taking hits from arrows. Goretooth for instance.

*Edit- I also have played Agi char, and Str armor char. Str armor is MUCH less frequently shot at by arrows. In my current agi build, I am targeted when ever in sight.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:45:34 am by Erathsmus »

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2011, 10:36:42 am »
if we make horses take slots, can we also make armour take slots? :P
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2011, 08:10:20 pm »
if we make horses take slots, can we also make armour take slots? :P

I would suggest fractioned slots for all equipment (4/3 slots for a certain weapon) so that armor and horses and everything would be counted as some sort of slots.

But, I am pretty sure if I posted that, a large portion of the crpg community would try to find my house and break my computer or legs.