Poll

Buff multiple horse features, make horses take slots.

Yes
32 (37.2%)
No
54 (62.8%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: [Big Balance] Horses, THE ANSWER?!?!?!  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: [Big Balance] Horses, THE ANSWER?!?!?!
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 12:00:24 am »
+1
Hey! I came with an answer that took in context everything you mentioned! Give me some credit!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 12:01:33 am »
Hey! I came with an answer that took in context everything you mentioned! Give me some credit!

You did, and you are a pimp for doing so.
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 03:40:22 am »
Sorry but I completely miss your point here... You want to nerf heavy cav and some lighter cav to hell and buff horse archers? What is the point to use heavy, slow (armored ones) and expensive horse that will make your wallet bleed if you can not even gain anything by using them? Not to mention that it is ridicilously difficult to couch with Plated charger for example. Heavy cav is not op even if it might seem so sometimes. Charger for example is so slow that the rider confronts difficulties when he accidentally goes near ranged (they shoot the rider like it is the last day in heaven. Horse does not die but what does the player do with it when he is dead). Also lighter cav usually rape heavy cav too because the heavy horses are so slow and clumsy. Unarmored horses like courser, die quite fast after few hits and it would not be really fair to let riders to be killed only because they couldn't carry a weapon to defend themselves (not to mention that after dehorsing you will be lying on the ground for some time already and probably got hit once or twice).

All cav does not use shields. If you use shield as lancer cav you kinda get penalty for getting shieldskill to your build and you have to make some compromises (like in any other class). With this I point out that non-shield using cav still can have one extra weapon even if they have 1 slot horse and 2 slot lance so your suggestion would nerf shield cav more even after they have made compromises in their build. 1H/pole cav hybrids would dissappear instanty and the variety suffer. Pure 1H bumpslashers would enjoy this system. I think that this system would increase the amount of 1h cav radically because they would be the last ones truely effective on horseback and on the foot while using any horse they want in the start.

Do you think HA is not effective enough now? Well think again... Just come and join some server and call for the Santa Squad and I think we are more than eager to demonstrate you what they can do. Also look at some dedicated HA players. They are really a pain in the arse for enemy cav and others as well.

Oh and the thing you are referring to be "the rich guys using plated charger all the time", is actually people exploiting that feature which allows 1 generation characters to have no upkeep until level 26. Trust me, if someone has a lot of gold he/she probably uses it to buy heirlooms rather than for using that shitty horse all the time... Also why doesn't one deserve to do that after grinding the money with using cheaper gear first? The upkeep system is not a joke and the gold will vanish sooner or later if you keep using too expensive stuff all the time  8-)

So answer to your original post:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:45:31 am by Son Of Odin »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 04:51:01 am »
"You want to nerf heavy cav and some lighter cav to hell and buff horse archers?"

It won't buff HA because they will have limited quivers. I want overall stats for horses increased, I do think that the armor penalty for HA is a bit much atm as well.

"All cav does not use shields"

Go to siege server, watch the plated chargers.

"is actually people exploiting that feature which allows 1 generation characters to have no upkeep until level 26."

It was still the same even before the upkeep patch. By the way, the premise of my idea was to also REDUCE the cost of the horses as well, due to the wallet bleeding etc.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 05:48:01 am »
"It won't buff HA because they will have limited quivers. I want overall stats for horses increased, I do think that the armor penalty for HA is a bit much atm as well."

Why to raise horses stats? Do they die too easilly?

"Go to siege server, watch the plated chargers."

I play siege sometimes and usually the cav is not really effective there. Are you NA player? I have not seen this too much on EU siege and I don't know about NA because I don't play on those servers. Even on battle server, I usually laugh at the plated chargers when I go harrass them with my courser.

"It was still the same even before the upkeep patch. By the way, the premise of my idea was to also REDUCE the cost of the horses as well, due to the wallet bleeding etc."

To me you sound like you are butthurt because someone has played with cheap gear and has the gold to use something you can't afford to use and therefore you would love it if the plated charger (or whatever you like) would be cheaper. How would your suggestion "balance" things if that monster gets any cheaper? And wouldn't 1h cav be ridicilously OP with this slot system? Especially with plated charger which is good horse for them and it never dies. Also you wanted stats increased so this one specific horse would be the ultimate immortal panzerwagen of destruction. How can you fit things like "balanced", "increased stats" and "lowered price" with the same topic where you whine about something being op? (I suppose because you were bitching about those plated chargers). I understand your slot suggestion and that makes you a lobbyist for 1H cavalry. You can't favor one specific type of cavalry over another like that. Atleast in my opinion.

-ร๏ภ ๏Ŧ ๏๔เภ
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:49:33 am by Son Of Odin »

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 08:49:20 am »
"To me you sound like you are butthurt because someone has played with cheap gear"

Money has never been an issue with me, this is strictly about balance so stop attacking my character.

This isn't Whining either, I am SIMPLY TRYING TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE THAT HORSES HAVE HAD ISSUES REGARDING BALANCING.

Stop drawing out assumptions.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 09:52:30 am »
Make the lesser horses (all light apart from arab and courser) be 0 slot and make the couch-only lances (they cant stab, even on ground) 1 slot. You want a heavy lance and backup weapon (polearm or 1h+shield), go light horse. You want a heavy horse, lance and backup weapon you get couch only. I think this balances the cav.

Also HA usually take Bow +3 stacks of arrows and then whine when they run out and the enemy wont "give" them a melee weapon. Now they can max take a bow and 2 stacks, meaning they can also get a 0 slot melee weapon.

This sounds fairly reasonable. HAs would get slightly screwed but I guess it could be compensated with something. Cavalry would still be able to perform decently.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 09:56:43 am »
Explain to me how giving horses 1 slot is going to change the things for lance cav (2 slot lance, 1 slot optional shield) or 1h cav (1 slot 1h, 1 slot shield)?

That's right, it won't.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 12:09:18 pm »
"To me you sound like you are butthurt because someone has played with cheap gear"

Money has never been an issue with me, this is strictly about balance so stop attacking my character.

This isn't Whining either, I am SIMPLY TRYING TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE THAT HORSES HAVE HAD ISSUES REGARDING BALANCING.

Stop drawing out assumptions.

How adorable. That is the only part of my text you are commenting? Why don't you answer my questions? I asked you to tell me why should horse stats get raised? What is wrong with the ones we recently have?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2011, 03:43:27 pm »
+1
This sounds fairly reasonable. HAs would get slightly screwed but I guess it could be compensated with something. Cavalry would still be able to perform decently.
Thank you.

As the OP mentioned, the HA's should get a slight buff. I say make the HA skill only require 3 agi again. That would mena they would use more points in it (losing other skills) AND get more accurate from horseback. I also think that HA reduces your standing accuracy (NOT native, but cRPG added) so it would also make them more different from foot archers. And this would also mean that they could take a 0 slot melee weapon without being penalized for it. Most HA now take a bow and 3 quivers, which makes taking a melee weapon a very bad choice (they need the extra ammo because of the bad accuracy when moving) but now they can without feeling they lost something.

And now to the schmerpy part:

@Odin:
Ok, wall of text. Let's see what your points are:

1: You claim OP wants to nerf both heavy AND light cav.
2: You claim there is no reason to use expensive horses if you don't get anything from them.
3: You claim heavy cav is not OP and couching with them is difficult.
4: You say armoured horses are so slow that it doesn't matter how strong they are since riders die immediately by ranged etc, because of their slow speed.
5: You claim light horses rape heavy horses.
6: Then you say light horses die easily and people should be able to take a backup weapon.
7: Not all cav use shield, and that shield cav would be at a disadvantage in this since the non-shield cav have 1 extra slot.
8: You claim 1h/pole cav would disappear if these changes came.
9: You claim this would lead to more 1h cav since they would not be that affected by the changes.
10: You claim HA is still very effective and that they do not need a buff.
11: Then you claim that the people riding 24/7 heavy cav are the "respec abusers".

Ok, now for what I think about it:

1: Ok, straight out of OP:
(click to show/hide)
Let's see. Reduce price (buff), raise horse stats (buff), increase HA efficiency (buff), make all horses except sumpter take 1 slot (HUGE nerf). As I see it, this is a TRADEOFF and not a NERF. But I'm gonna agree with you and say that overall, this would make horses worse (although easier to use from the price drop).
So yes, this is a bit too much. And that's why I have come with other suggestions in this thread. Please feel free to read them.

2: I agree with what you are saying. The heavy horses gives you way too little compared to their price. If I could choose regardless of money I would take a armoured horse every time, but compared to how much they cost, I agree that it's BS to take them instead. This is why I agree to the suggestion in OP. Increase the horse stats. In one of my earlier posts I said that the 1 slot for horses should only be for armoured horses and arab/courser. I think this would be the best. It would mean that you could still take decent horses and use all 4 slots on weapons, while taking a "dedicated horseman horse" would leave you with only 3. The increased stats should then be for the armoured horses only. Buffing their armour and speed to get closer (or about the same) as the 0 slot horses. That would make the 1 slot horses be either faster/mobile than 0 slot horses (courser/arab) or armoured/stronger than 0 slot horses (heavy cav).

This would make 3 groups of horses. Horses for hybrids, horses for dedicated lancers and horses for dedicated heavy cav.

3: Couching with the Plated Charger is difficult. Mameluke is tricky and the rest is about OK. For any fancy riding/couching you would need an unarmoured one. So, guess we agree there. About them being OP. Well, compared to the other horses they are OP. The extra survivability makes them much more useful than other horses. The exception to this is the PC which, I agree, is so slow that you are MUCH easier to kill while riding it. Still not sure if they are OP, but I can understand how it is frustrating for other players to fight it.

4: Herpa derpa I talked about this in 3 xD. Gonna leave it for ze lulz.

5: This is something I am completely ok with. The best way to take out a heavy horse (apart from pike) should be light cavalry outflanking, outsmarting and outriding the heavy cav. Heavy cav should be the best anti-infantry and straight on charge. Light cavalry should be able to get the heavy if they ride better than him. Currently this is how it is. Lots of times I've been able to outride coursers/arabs with my warhorse by simply being a smarter/better rider. It is still easier for a light horse rider to outmanouver a heavy horse, but with skill the heavy cav can still make them miss again and again and again. But generally. Light horses should be able to outride heavy horses, but heavy horses should be better against infantry and straight on charges. Not sure how to make it more like that, but currently this is mainly how it is.

6: Well, that's the bad thing with light cav. You get more mobility and speed, but when you fuck up you fuck up. No 2nd chance here. BUT! As I said, the 1 slot only for the "good" horses would still make the "normal" horse-horsemen able to fight properly on the ground. Does this sound fair/ok with you?

7: Yeah, this would be more friendly towards no shield cav than shield cav. The 1 slot for only top tier horses would kinda help with this, but ANOTHER suggestion I came with was to make the "couch-only" lances 1 slot. This would then give the shield cav a weapon to use while still getting some backup, while they still wouldn't be able to go full top gear without a drawback. What I think would happen is that shield cav would go for heavy horses and focus on infantry, while the no shield cav would go for arab/courser and be Lancers.*

8: Well, with some of the suggestion I added, I say the 1h/pole would get some roles there too. I'm a 1h/pole and I would change between Lancer and Heavy cav, depending on what I wanted to do.

9: 1h cav is currently the "weakest" of the horsemen, maybe apart from throwing cav. I really don't think there would be THAT many of them. Maybe just with OPs changes, but with the ones I added it would also be a place for polearm and 2h cav. HA would also again be better if they got a small buff. Check the beginning of this post for more info.

10: You are right. They still are very effective. What I want though, is to change them a bit. Give them less ammo and no penalty for using a mellee (0slot) weapon.

11: Most of the "constant PC" are those abusers, but there are also some who are just good at trading. Not talking about selling looms for gold, but buying a loomed item cheap and selling it high. I know Daergar have made loads of money doing that and he never sold any of his own looms.

Now, I think I got all your points there and since you are such a follower of "always address everything somebody wrote", I expect you to do the same with me. Use the numbers to make it easier. If you don't care to answer I'm gonna get offended and it would show that you are a hypocrite little fuck. Which you obviously are not... are you?

* Lancers are designated anti-cav horsemen. Something like courser (1slot), heavy lance (2slot), quarterstaff (1slot), maybe a 1h instead of quarterstaff. They sacrifice foot gear for great anti-cav opportunity.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2011, 12:04:27 am »
Zapper- "1 slot for horses should only be for armoured horses and arab/courser."

Would you mind if I put that in parenthesis and cite you for it? Edit*-(in the OP) I think this would be a much better idea then the current one, due to people seeing rouncey and other low cost horses inferior to the sumpter.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 12:10:04 am »
Cavalry is still ezmode, no buffing, ever. If anything a complete rework of how horses work in this game would be very appreciated. I can dream :(

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2011, 12:52:22 am »
Zapper- "1 slot for horses should only be for armoured horses and arab/courser."

Would you mind if I put that in parenthesis and cite you for it? Edit*-(in the OP) I think this would be a much better idea then the current one, due to people seeing rouncey and other low cost horses inferior to the sumpter.
No problem. Thanks for asking.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2011, 11:20:20 am »
i dunno.
i ride on ma horsie and i already use all 4 slots.
the lance takes 2 slots, and i have danish great which also takes two slots.
This would really fuck over the lancer/2h hybrids.
Maybe if you make the horse 1 slot, make the lances 1slot also? they are usually not very good infantry weapons due to their slow speed.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 01:00:14 pm »
Normal horses(Rouncey,Palfrey,Sumpter) 1 slot, rest 2 slots.Balanced cav /thread

Op has awesome idea.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."