Author Topic: Wow... this is frustrating...  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Wow... this is frustrating...
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 10:57:08 am »
If you start using a crossbow, nobody will help you here  :lol:

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 10:59:03 am »
If you start using a crossbow, nobody will help you here  :lol:

Haha :D But still better than an archer ;)

@Elazul: Depends on your current build. Also, do you want to play 1h+shield with crossbow sidearm (or crossbow+shielder sidearm)? If so, mind that the bigger crossbows take up 2 slots which means you can't use a shield+1h weapon+crossbow+bolts anymore :/

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 11:04:12 am »
Respecs are best if you want to completely reinvent your character.  e.g., leveled an archer to 25, decided you can't stand it, go ahead and respec.  If you just wish you had a couple more athletics or a couple more PS or something, go ahead and power through to 31 and retire.  In My Opinion.

Regarding Ginosaji's comment, there are some 0 slot 1H weapons.  So you could do:
Shield: 1 slot
Crossbow: 2 slots
Bolts: 1 slot
"Hammer" or "Hand Axe": 0 slots

Not that great because you have limited ammo and a crappy melee weapon.  When I did archery with a longbow (2 slots), I skipped the shield.  Bow, 2 quivers and a hammer and just tried to avoid melee.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 11:42:57 am »
Uh, no. Starting as a 2-hander will lead you to quitting the game if not jumping out of the window. I dont know anyone neither from native or from cRPG who didnt start as shielder to leatn the basics without dying like a fly every time someone looks at you.

@OP
I started as a 2hander, both in native(played about 10 hours, then go bored) and cRPG.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 11:45:55 am »
+1
Native duel is the best for learning how to play good, but sadly it seems like in Native the skill level is getting worse. It's a rare thing to find good players there anymore, seems like most of them quit/don't play anymore.. quite the opposite development compared to c-RPG.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 12:43:57 pm »
Native duel is the best for learning how to play good, but sadly it seems like in Native the skill level is getting worse. It's a rare thing to find good players there anymore, seems like most of them quit/don't play anymore.. quite the opposite development compared to c-RPG.

the worse thing is that way you get used to the higher native speed. when you go back to cRPG where your longsword swing fast as a great maul in native, you need to get the correct timings back.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 03:14:32 pm »
Yeah I went to nditions sometimes, but now I can't be bothered anymore. I doubt I'll learn more there than in cRPG. Most cRPG players that are in the duel server are better. Also the differences between Native and cRPG get increasingly bigger with every patch, so to get good at cRPG you should practice in cRPG.

Offline Socrates

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Philosophy is a way of life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ascended Order
  • Game nicks: Socrates
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 02:34:09 am »
Crossbows are easily accurate with 0 prof, but you could make an easy hybrid with the 18/18 since you get some extra points. Try this I assume you haven't gotten far.

Strength: 18
    Agility: 18
    Hit points: 63

Skills to attributes: 2

Ironflesh: 5
    Power Strike: 6
    Shield: 6
    Athletics: 6
    Riding: 0
    Horse Archery: 0
    Power Draw: 0
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 6

One Handed: 130
    Two Handed: 1
    Polearm: 1
    Archery: 1
    Crossbow: 104
    Throwing: 1
The act of justice is not determined by the state.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 04:17:51 am »
dont bother putting more than 50-75 points into xbow unless it is account for over half your kills.  Sure you're repair costs will be a little higher, but points better spent somewhere else.

50-75 points in crossbow will roughly double your accuracy from 1 WPF.

Offline Elazul

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 06:13:46 am »
Ok, I solved my indecision problem. I made this character into a crossbow/2h character and also made a bow archer and a skip the fun pure 2h so I can practice 2h blocking and fighting. I will probably make my next character into a shielder again once I learn how to block better. Crossbow is fun, but the reload times on the arbalest are killing me. The bow archer is fun though and I enjoy sniping people with the longbow. I still suck at 2H fighting but i'm getting better. Thanks for all the tips everyone!

Offline Kingslayer

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 06:18:31 am »
I'm in the same boat, I've been playing for three days now and I'm actually climbing the massive learning curve. Get into duel games and practice blocking, once you can block decently you can do some thangs

I'm still a newb, and I'm looking for a shepard to teach me how to be good

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 08:19:05 am »
Remember, there's no point in dueling people on EU3 if you don't know how to block at all.
Start with native tutorial, go up the difficulty and then finally go duel people.

Same for chambering.

Offline Lobster

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Lobster
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 08:46:50 am »
The Nditions Duel server ios the place to go, you can start with the Naked ywo hand NPC dude, then move up the different ranks of NPC's then start dueling people, once you got warmed up.

The best thing you can do is join a active clan, once your on comm you clan should train you up, nothing like some one to one training to bring you up to speed.

Also i would start out as a two hander, best way to learn how to block, your be fine behind a shield but once it brakes you will not know what to do.
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Offline Raki

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Teresa
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 09:59:54 am »
Ah yes, please remember that you have to pay for upkeep when you hit level 26, so using a useful 2h weapon (Persian Battle Axe is the only exception I can think of) and a crossbow is going to be pretty expensive.

Offline Myltinous

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: Rhemus_Myltinous, Pippin_McGee
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 08:49:02 pm »
Wait untill you hit 31 and get the heirloom point, if you haven't commited too far you might be able to make a hybrid with the current build you have. I started about a year ago and just started to get averege in battle servers. Started as a thrower but switched to 2h because in the long run it's more entertaining. If you play in battle servers don't be afraid to run away from someone you know you can't beat, that's what took me a long time to learn and I am now better when following it. But don't do that if a teamates there or they'll get owned, onlydo it by yourself. Good luck and stick in there soldier!
"One who thinks is one who conspires"
Ryan Myltoft
1992-present