Author Topic: Have "autobalance" be based on skill points/WPF  (Read 4085 times)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
Re: Have "autobalance" be based on skill points/WPF
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 09:45:46 pm »
If the balance system were changed without a complete overhaul of the XP system most people would probably quit this game. The multiplier system is the reason no one really wants an accurate balancer. Better to be on a crappy team for a while with the possibility of getting on the good team and getting an x5 than to flip-flop between x1 and x2 all day.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 09:46:05 pm »
now thats a reasonable answer , i agree with you Shine

I do too. I just call it banner stack most of the time anymore because thats all it is
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:14 pm »
If the balance system were changed without a complete overhaul of the XP system most people would probably quit this game. The multiplier system is the reason no one really wants an accurate balancer. Better to be on a crappy team for a while with the possibility of getting on the good team and getting an x5 than to flip-flop between x1 and x2 all day.

i play for fun before and xp after , and its not fun getting fucked by banner balance

Mind you if i was peasant , i wouldnt give a damn

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 10:38:21 pm »

i play for fun before and xp after , and its not fun getting fucked by banner balance

Mind you if i was peasant , i wouldnt give a damn

A lot of people enjoy leveling up and gaining heirlooms. In fact i'd say a majority do, else everyone would play STF exclusively.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 11:55:01 pm »
The multiplier system is the reason no one really wants an accurate balancer.
Exactly. Which is why I wish things were mostly based on individual performance. We could still keep multiplier system but make it more of a 'nice bonus' if it happens rather the primary reward. It would be so much less frustration all around. It gets pretty irritating hearing some self proclaimed 'leader' insulting his team when they lose. As if we are all responsible for HIS win. It just reinforces this ridiculous desperation of some players rather than people being able to chill out and play the game on their OWN terms.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 11:58:01 pm »
Exactly. Which is why I wish things were mostly based on individual performance. We could still keep multiplier system but make it more of a 'nice bonus' if it happens rather the primary reward. It would be so much less frustration all around. It gets pretty irritating hearing some self proclaimed 'leader' insulting his team when they lose. As if we are all responsible for HIS win. It just reinforces this ridiculous desperation of some players rather than people being able to chill out and play the game on their OWN terms.

If XP were based on individual performance it would lead away from team based play directly towards arcade style FFA. Teamwork makes this game interesting, but if all teammates are is a possible loss of personal xp many are simply going to lone wolf or hold their strikes until they can get the last hit/last whatever that is incentive.

It really is a rock and a hard place.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 12:13:32 am »

i for one bitch about my team ex: not sticking together ,  afkers , or non serious people , while i go on and try the impossible and kill the whole clan facing me , pubbies doesnt play the game seriously so they lose all the time , so i lose most of the time!   

I have all reason to be mad bro :D 

i give my 200%  for  my team  , i wished my team returned the favor     ,

In the meantime , lets all matches be 4-1 or 5-0 because that is how people love to play this game /le sigh

i got to agree with the other poster the xp system help this situation in a perverse way

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 01:22:45 am »
i for one bitch about my team ex: not sticking together ,  afkers , or non serious people , while i go on and try the impossible and kill the whole clan facing me , pubbies doesnt play the game seriously so they lose all the time , so i lose most of the time!   

I have all reason to be mad bro :D 

i give my 200%  for  my team  , i wished my team returned the favor     ,
You should be mad at the xp system not other players. You can't EXPECT teamwork.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 01:33:53 am »
You should be mad at the xp system not other players. You can't EXPECT teamwork.

no im mad at the banner balance who put all the serious people together :p

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 02:58:31 am »

that's dumb, the peasant grind would take much longer and it would mean very good players would quickly accumulate tons of XP and gold while the rest of the playerbase stagnates
FREE ALLERS

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 03:11:44 am »
I wish valour was a more simple thing given to say the top 3 people who kill the most enemies for your team that round. It's frustrating when you get balanced to a not so good team and lose 5 rounds in a row even though you are doing very well.

But yeah banner balance is not very good.. I would prefer a class based balance system.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 05:18:52 am »
I would prefer to see a more complex balance system at play. Not that I know anything about the mathematics required to set one up, but ideally it would take into consideration many variables: Stat/Skill/Prof Allocation, Heirlooms, Level, Banner, Loadout cost (scaling for different stat/skill/prof allocations), Generation, KDR and more? Probably not a realistic desire, but I'd love to see it anyhow.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 09:13:19 am »
It is easy to say NO to something, to bitch and stuff, but to come up with healthy alternative, that is problem. Either get the code for that ready, or gtfo  :mrgreen:

nah, more seriously, even when the clans are stacked on one side, the randoms sometimes rock, and steamroll...so, where is the issue? and yeah, i am usually losing multi on first round before i get back to my guys, this fixes the problem  :mrgreen: lets just all play with the same banner and no problem, huh?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 12:20:12 pm »
sorry to burst your bubble but its not a fair system and it NEVER WILL,

Love you balb, but life isn't fair.

Pubbies don't deserve shit.  Join a clan or get shit on.  That's how team-based pvp games should work.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 12:45:07 pm »

Pubbies don't deserve shit.  Join a clan or get shit on.  That's how team-based pvp games should work.

There is next to no other multiplayer competitive game in which in a non scrim game clans are consistently placed against teams of randoms by the balance system. None. Pretty much the entirety of the rest of the gaming community have decided no, that is not how team based pvp games should work. There's a difference between a scrim and general play and there's a reason that almost every game besides this one ignores clan tags when autobalancing. Hint: Multiplier.