Author Topic: Horse archery skill  (Read 6470 times)

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Horse archery skill
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2011, 06:17:03 am »
I agree formless, but on the flipside arrows that do hit will hurt alot more

Offline Cyclonite

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 06:49:57 am »
This is the level 30 build I am trying right now. It is designed for pure archery and max damage.

* Strength: 21
    * Agility: 18
    * Hit points: 56

* Converted: 8
    * Power Strike: 1
    * Riding: 6
    * Horse Archery: 3
    * Power Draw: 7
    * Weapon Master: 6

Archery: 156

HA3 is good enough for me. I can hit other mounts pretty easily while moving full speed and for everything else I slow down to make accurate shots. It also gives me the option to use warbow for non-mount maps.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:37:46 am by Cyclonite »

Offline Ishtar_Soup

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishtar_Soup
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2011, 06:58:13 am »
Well if you could keep us posted on your progress it would be nice.
The thing i'm scared of is that a low WPF and the Horse Archery penalty might make it hell to shoot.

Wasn't it -60% of your WPF that is taken out if you have no HA skills, then it goes down 10% per HA point. (50% at 1 HA, 40% at 2 HA... so on)

So when you get 4 HA, you need to take 20% out of your WPF stat out to get an idea of how precise you are.
The thing i'm wondering about that 'Rumour' is if the penalty applies to your WPF skill number or the number of WPF skill points you've spent in one domain.

Cheers
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cyclonite

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2011, 07:26:50 am »
Well I am level 28 so far with 18/18 str/agil with 152 archery pd6 and ha3 and it seems fine to me. The HA penalty does not get applied when the mount is stopped. The penalty slowly increases as your mount speed increases. If you learn to keep your mount at half speed to quarter speed the penalty really isn't that bad. IMO HA4 is for people who want to ride full speed most of the time and be accurate as possible. The argument of HA3 vs HA4 is really do you want more damage or accuracy.

If you can't decide then the best thing you can do is level your character to 18 agility first and see if HA3 works for you. At that point you can either decide to fill out 24 agility for HA4 or add more strength for damage.

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2011, 08:48:36 am »
Well.. i would at least go for HA 4 the usage difference from ha 3-> ha 4 is really big and makes u be able to actually play as an Horse Archer effectively.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:50:12 am by Wulzzz »