Author Topic: Spear not rearing horses, Bug or intentional?  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Spear not rearing horses, Bug or intentional?
« on: September 23, 2011, 11:50:43 am »
+3
A clanmate was getting frustrated as he had retired and was using regular spear.  Horses kept steaming thru us even though he was getting clean hits on them.  We tested on duel server and his spear hit did 2/3 of my rounceys hp (60ish dmg) but didnt rear it.

Are regular spears not supposed to be rearing horses now?  Could you tell us which weapons SHOULD?

If it is intentional, whY? Spear is 135 long!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Spear not rearing horses, Bug or intentional?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:34:46 pm »
+2
A clanmate was getting frustrated as he had retired and was using regular spear.  Horses kept steaming thru us even though he was getting clean hits on them.  We tested on duel server and his spear hit did 2/3 of my rounceys hp (60ish dmg) but didnt rear it.

Are regular spears not supposed to be rearing horses now?  Could you tell us which weapons SHOULD?

If it is intentional, whY? Spear is 135 long!
Only the pike-like weapons, Warspear, Red Tassel, Bamboo, the awlepikes aaaand scythe rears horses now. Might be that a missed one or two.

And I totally agree with you. ALL SPEARS should rear horses, together with those who already can. That Glaives/Hafted Blades/axes can't is ok, though.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:36:53 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Count_RisArch

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Keep on Rotting in the Free World...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: RisArch
  • IRC nick: RisArch
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 07:54:21 pm »
ALL SPEARS should rear horses, together with those who already can. That Glaives/Hafted Blades/axes can't is ok, though.

+1
Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.
Imperial Historian Duiker

Offline Beefymongoose

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: Beefymongoose_MB
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 09:04:08 pm »
eh except I think the shortened spear should be the exception.

Offline john_pullinger

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boreal_V, John, Dogtanian, Lexor, Cobalt, Toissonador, Flip_it and Sir_Arn, poor Sir_Arn.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 02:54:57 pm »
+1
I think that if some polearms can rear horses and some polearms can't then it should be flagged on the website the same way that knockdown and crush-through are. One of my characters is only strong enough to use a shortened spear or a pitch-fork with his shield. Does the pitch-fork rear horses? The shortened spear used to be his anti-cavalry weapon.

Thanks.

-John

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 04:20:25 pm »
I think that if some polearms can rear horses and some polearms can't then it should be flagged on the website the same way that knockdown and crush-through are. One of my characters is only strong enough to use a shortened spear or a pitch-fork with his shield. Does the pitch-fork rear horses? The shortened spear used to be his anti-cavalry weapon.

Thanks.

-John
Battle or Military Fork can rear horses and one of them (can't remember which) is just 1 slot. A bit more expensive but well worth it.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline john_pullinger

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boreal_V, John, Dogtanian, Lexor, Cobalt, Toissonador, Flip_it and Sir_Arn, poor Sir_Arn.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 09:46:44 pm »
Thanks, Zapper. My character's a serious weed though, STR 4. I'll have to test the pitch fork, will get back to this thread with results.

-John

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:12 pm »
Battle or Military Fork can rear horses and one of them (can't remember which) is just 1 slot.

Military fork is 1 slot
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline john_pullinger

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 09:59:16 pm »
Pitchfork does rear horses, phew. I can still support my team.

-John

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 10:33:19 pm »
Pitchfork does rear horses, phew. I can still support my team.

-John
The scythe is also pretty awesome. Longer and can still rear horses with a wicked swing damage. Too abd you can't sheathe it :(

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 11:44:28 am »
+1
necrobump put the rear into Spear
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 11:48:07 am »
The higher riding skill I have / The more armor point my horse has = Less chance for rearing my horse.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 10:37:17 pm »
+1
The higher riding skill I have / The more armor point my horse has = Less chance for rearing my horse.

I'm skeptical of your claims.  I didn't think it was a "chance", if you have a weapon that rears horses, and you thrust the weapon into the horse (when it's going at a fast enough speed) it should rear the horse (as long as you don't glance)?  At least that was the impression I was always under.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 10:55:48 pm »
+2
I'm skeptical of your claims.  I didn't think it was a "chance", if you have a weapon that rears horses, and you thrust the weapon into the horse (when it's going at a fast enough speed) it should rear the horse (as long as you don't glance)?  At least that was the impression I was always under.
Your right. There is no "chance" on the rearing thing. If the weapon can rear a horse, and you stab with it, and you hit the horses head while it is moving over speed X, then it will rear the horse. No chancing.

Uhmm. Riding skills doesn't increase your horses armour...