Author Topic: Why this crap again?  (Read 2642 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Re: Why this crap again?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 10:30:04 am »
+1
I think that the lightheartedness has been slowly draining from this mod. Anything that helps bring it back gets a gold star in my book. We need more siege towers.

I strongly agree. I remember having a blast when cRPG was first out. Everything was just fun. The old glory days when men roamed the lands in dresses, stocked with 3 siege ladders and a flamberge that swung at the speed of a katana. Waves of people flying through the air from a misplaced ladder (or a well put troll ladder), getting volleyed to their demise.

Now its just becoming a weaker and weaker version of what it used to be, and it just feels like some strange version of native, not the cRPG I remember when I first got sucked into this mod.

The mod is still fun, I will not deny it that. It is just all of the things that used to add an element of comedy and pure mayhem are gone.

I miss the old cRPG :(
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 11:04:08 am »
I strongly agree. I remember having a blast when cRPG was first out. Everything was just fun. The old glory days when men roamed the lands in dresses, stocked with 3 siege ladders and a flamberge that swung at the speed of a katana. Waves of people flying through the air from a misplaced ladder (or a well put troll ladder), getting volleyed to their demise.

Now its just becoming a weaker and weaker version of what it used to be, and it just feels like some strange version of native, not the cRPG I remember when I first got sucked into this mod.

The mod is still fun, I will not deny it that. It is just all of the things that used to add an element of comedy and pure mayhem are gone.

We sort of agree. Except about the ladderpult. Thank d0nk3y it was removed.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 11:16:53 am »
Props to the mercs for building this thing. I thought it was amusing. Especially all those guys who didn't have the newest version installed that were like: 'OH MY GAAAWDZ, PEOPLES ARE FLOATING!!1!!! WADDAFAC IS HAPPENING???'

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 11:19:45 am »
+1
We sort of agree. Except about the ladderpult. Thank d0nk3y it was removed.

Come on admit it, you laughed when it happened :P check out the official ladderpulting tribute video @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgqMnNJzHrI

Offline Elmiro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 02:25:20 pm »
Construction sites in battle are just for the lulz...they are not used to have an advantage, because their price is too high

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 02:45:52 pm »
+2
Construction sites in battle are just for the lulz...they are not used to have an advantage, because their price is too high
No upkeep on siege equipment...
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 05:18:11 pm »
I love you.

I love you too. And not in a platonic way.  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 05:51:09 pm »

If we reverted back to the old old cRPG I would place money on that you would soon change your mind, the current versions are vastly better than the old cRPG, yes I do have fond memories of them, but I know I would much rather play the current versions than go back in time.

Then again, I do take a break from cRPG every now and then to stop myself from getting bored of the game or burned out, anything is going to seem less fun if you have played it too much for too long.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 02:41:11 am »
+2
If we reverted back to the old old cRPG I would place money on that you would soon change your mind, the current versions are vastly better than the old cRPG, yes I do have fond memories of them, but I know I would much rather play the current versions than go back in time.

Then again, I do take a break from cRPG every now and then to stop myself from getting bored of the game or burned out, anything is going to seem less fun if you have played it too much for too long.

I don't think the old version was better mechanic-wise, but it was better fun-wise. People take the game WAY too seriously nowadays.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 02:47:02 am »
I don't think the old version was better mechanic-wise, but it was better fun-wise. People take the game WAY too seriously nowadays.

Yeah, this. Better gameplay now, more fun back then

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 09:58:17 pm »
I loved the retarded weapons too of old c-rpg. "Boulder on a stick" made me laugh so much....Now it's just a giant hammer ] :
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 10:06:45 pm »
+1
I loved the retarded weapons too of old c-rpg. "Boulder on a stick" made me laugh so much....Now it's just a giant hammer ] :

looney toons axe