Author Topic: 1h+shield  (Read 5313 times)

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 1h+shield
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2011, 02:04:27 pm »
21/18 7ps 6 ath 5 shi 5 wm ?  Or even trade 1 point of shield for weapon master. 4 shield is enough to use huscarl.

If you like, but personally I think 5 shield isn't enough for huscarl. Maybe I'm too sucky to make it work.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:07:14 pm by Vance »

Offline Wench

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • lets post!!!! posting party in this thread!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Wench, Revolting, Barda
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2011, 03:07:53 pm »
i like my 144 1H, 100 polearm, 15 str, 21 agility build.

5 power strike

7 shield

7 athletics

7 weapon master

4 ironflesh

huscl, sidesword, warspear.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LLJK POSTING SQUAD FOR LIFE NO REGRETS!!!!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 625
  • Infamy: 1887
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2011, 03:40:26 pm »
You should put those 4 skill points into Horse riding, otherwise it's a good build.

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2011, 03:52:52 pm »
I just retired my 1h+shield
I had at level 30

18str
21agi
6ps
4sh
7ath
4-5wm cant remember, had about 140 1h wp was thinking of making a 0wm build which would have around 100wp  but i didnt know what else to sink the 4 extra points into riding/shield/IF/wm/throwing

used an elite scimitar unheirloomed and rarely had glances. really only people i consistantly glanced off were heirloomed black armored ones/one

i went for this build because i wanted high athletics and i wanted to be able to use a slashing sword without glancing off armor.

if I remade him i think i would do it the same. not much experience with other 1h+shield builds before this one. but it seemed to work really good. I think with a triple heirloomed sword would be nice though..  oh im addicted to retiring

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2011, 04:39:42 pm »
i think i will go 18/18 and then see what i need most; dmg or speed

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2774
  • Infamy: 2693
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2011, 07:28:25 pm »
I had 18/18 and only 110 in 1H wpf. I was too slow to do anything. Leave STR at 15 and rest put into agi, you'll need it. Using any shield and especially Huscarl means you're very slow, people (ninjas and other agi builds) will easily get behind you, you'll be a easy pray for cavalry if you're playing alone (outside of the group). Worst thing about shields is that they make you slow, you can't spam, you have to wait for your chance. Going 1H after playing Ninja style will be really painful. You won't be able to use skills you perfected as a ninja. Even if you put shield on your back you movement speed will remain slow, you'll attack faster but take into acount that manual blocking with 95 length Katana and 95 length Side Sword isn't the same. It's much harder to properly block using short one handed sword.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2011, 07:32:15 pm »
I went for the 21/15 build, but instead of maxing IF I got 5 riding and 2 IF. Trade 10 hp for a horse.

7 PS makes most hits a 1 hit kill against infantry (archers for sure). Works quite well :)

Hell ya brother
Just a soldier

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2011, 07:33:19 pm »
I had 18/18 and only 110 in 1H wpf. I was too slow to do anything. Leave STR at 15 and rest put into agi, you'll need it. Using any shield and especially Huscarl means you're very slow, people (ninjas and other agi builds) will easily get behind you, you'll be a easy pray for cavalry if you're playing alone (outside of the group). Worst thing about shields is that they make you slow, you can't spam, you have to wait for your chance. Going 1H after playing Ninja style will be really painful. You won't be able to use skills you perfected as a ninja. Even if you put shield on your back you movement speed will remain slow, you'll attack faster but take into acount that manual blocking with 95 length Katana and 95 length Side Sword isn't the same. It's much harder to properly block using short one handed sword.

in my opinion 15 agility is fast enough, I put ever single point into 1h, if you do that and then go 21 strength, in my opinion you will have the ultimate build

then again I do not use the huscarl shield
Just a soldier

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2011, 07:36:16 pm »
i think ill go for this build:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 18
Agility: 21
Hit points: 53
Converted: 8
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 6
Shield: 6
Athletics: 4
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 7
One Handed: 146
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 100
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

Barbutte helm
Huscarl shield
War spear
Grosse messer

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2011, 07:39:44 pm »
good luck with your hybrid
Just a soldier

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 07:59:06 pm »
I think you'll end up wanting more agility than that.  I've played 1h for quite a while now and I find my best tactic is controlling the fight through speed+shield.  If I wasn't faster than most opponents I wouldn't be able to get the golden strike to the back of their head or the invisible left=>right strike.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 11:51:01 pm »

If he has no other eqipment besides his helmet and gloves, then speed should not be the problem.
18/21 with light armour and backup weapon worked quite nice for me. I had only trouble with naked or also light armoured 2h agi builds, but he you can not counter everything.