Author Topic: 14 kills in the first round - that's amazing and scary  (Read 8837 times)

Offline Amoebe

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 14 kills in the first round - that's amazing and scary
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 02:57:11 pm »
here is a protip, grab a pike, stab his horse, aint nothing any cav can do about that.

But if you aim your pike a tad too high (aim at the head/neck) he can activate his "horcefield" (downblock/shield) and run away unharmed and laughing about you.

The rest of that post is true though.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 02:58:48 pm »
He's not good... he's actually one of the worst c-rpg veteran players.

But there's so many clueless people around (I believe DotA term is feeders) so no wonder MAGANDA and the likes of him can score free kills.

Kerrigan and Leed can do the same before Maganda does but they choose not to.

He's good at picking his targets. Kerrigan and Leed are better, but they largely do the same as Maganda does and pick their targets...aka unaware or engaged players. Same as all good cav do.

Watching Maganda just now...he only picks up 1-2 kills if he goes near spawn so it's not really to do with afkers ect.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 609
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 02:59:25 pm »
Well Mithus, I don't see how you'll profit from stab buff. All you do is spam left to right swing  :P

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 03:00:14 pm »
cav seems in a pretty good place now tbh, the recent change to requirements removed quite a few cav.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 03:00:21 pm »
so at what point of crpg history did cav not get nerfed,  but actually buffed?
yesterday?

Offline Mithus

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 03:00:35 pm »
14 unawares on a 40+ people team... what's so strange about that?

Exactly. MAGANDA can't kill anyone who has half a brain.
But he's pro when it comes to killing total noobs and afk people  :mrgreen:

Wrong concept, he doesnt kill afk and noobs, he actually kills people engaged in melee combats against other enemies, come fast-hit-and go :P, also bumping and knocking to the ground.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 759
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 03:07:51 pm »
He's good at picking his targets. Kerrigan and Leed are better, but they largely do the same as Maganda does and pick their targets...aka unaware or engaged players. Same as all good cav do.

Watching Maganda just now...he only picks up 1-2 kills if he goes near spawn so it's not really to do with afkers ect.

And that's the reason why I say that only 2H are really skilled in this mod.

To be solid cav all you need is battle awareness or what you said, to have knowledge who to strike and who to leave alone (for example even if he can lance me most of the time Leed choose not to because there are far easier targets aka I can down block , he only goes after me when I'm super busy :wink:)

To be good archer you need some pratice to get familiar with arc, after that it's all about battle awareness, again.

Sword&board is all about battle awareness, some feints and good momentum, blocking is super easy.

Xbow is all about battle awareness and good camouflage skills (or roof camping). Sir Agor is scoring kills as xbowman and I know for a fact that he can't kill shit with 2H or polearms.

HAs and mounted xbowmen are annoying and useless as much as they are retarded. Trolling classes.

2H/polearms requires great battle awareness, good dodging skills, good attacking skills and excellent blocking skills. Many people try to play 2H but only portion of them have good scores and those people can play any other class and be epic with no problem at all.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:10:09 pm by Leshma »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 03:12:13 pm »
blah blah blah

Lol...

Because that wasn't a ridiculous, biased post at all  :rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1870
  • Infamy: 2179
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 03:13:43 pm »
Sorry Overdriven but only people I recognize as skilled are those who can play every class and be good with it.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 03:15:29 pm »
+1
Horses don't make sounds when running in shallow water (puddle depth water)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 967
  • Infamy: 1120
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 03:20:44 pm »
I really don't see point of this thread or any balance thread. Whatever input we give them they somehow twist it and create horrible balance. As Gorath said, only thing we players can do is to adapt.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 03:40:49 pm »
+2
Overdriven talking about bias... the irony hurts my eyes

P.S. Another one of these pointless threads wtf? There is plenty of them already so i cant understand why dont people post in the old ones istead of making a new thread every time...

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 04:01:09 pm »
+1
They increased the bump damage on horses, which yes I have seen a ridiculous number of horse bump kills.  I literally watched a guy on plated harger just hold a shield up and never atatck and rack up 25-2 score yesterday.  Another cav guy on same team went 23-2 and the next highest was 8-4.  Puts it in perspective, especially since it was justa  regular map not specifically a cav map.  And the unaware excuse is so old hat.  Most cav kills are not unawares/afks getting hit becasue theya re not constantly turning around witha  pike, they are cav taking advantage of high speed and maneuverability to hit people in the back in the middle of a melee (not exactly conducive to spinning around just in case cav might come) just like other melee try to do but are far too slow.  But with a huge buff to speed bonus damage on the couch and bonus damage multiplier on the bump, the cav just need to run people over most of the time to rack up tons of kills.

Bring back horse bump jostling the rider, actually forced skill on cav, I'm bored with going 18-2 on my cav alt and seeing every joschmoe with a  horse being a hero.  Lets only have the best cav (I dont include myself in that) do well like every other class.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:04:05 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 04:05:05 pm »
+2
And that's the reason why I say that only 2H are really skilled in this mod.

To be solid cav all you need is battle awareness or what you said, to have knowledge who to strike and who to leave alone (for example even if he can lance me most of the time Leed choose not to because there are far easier targets aka I can down block , he only goes after me when I'm super busy :wink:)

2H/polearms requires great battle awareness, good dodging skills, good attacking skills and excellent blocking skills. Many people try to play 2H but only portion of them have good scores and those people can play any other class and be epic with no problem at all.

And that's the reason why I say that only cav are really skilled in this mod.

To be a solid 2h all you need is dodging skills, attacking skills and excellent blocking skills.
Cav requires great battle awareness to have knowledge who to strike and who to leave alone. Many people try to play cav but only a portion of them have good scores and those people can play any other class and be epic with no problem at all.
Fixed

Leshma, while I try to avoid insulting people on the forum, you are an exception. 2h/Polearms is ONE skillSET. Saying they are the only ones skilled just means you only accept THAT skillset as an actual skillset.
Good cav is one skillset. Good ranged is another skillset. Sword and board is another skillset.
Someone who is good at THEIR skillset will do better than someone who isn't. Therefore they too are skilled, just in a different skillset than you.

As for "those people [2h/polearm] can play any other class and be epic with no problem at all.", its complete bullshit, I see plenty of people switch from 2h to archery and be not nearly as good as dedicated archers. You know why? because they aren't skilled at THAT skillset.

As usual you say a bunch of made up stuff and when people counter with good arguments you will go "LOL I R TROLL". It's a common tactic used by idiots all over the internet whenever they spout a bunch of shit and people recognize it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:11:21 pm by Wookimonsta »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 04:09:16 pm »
+1
Cav is the one class that benefits the most from pubbie servers and teams with no cohesion and coordination. In a flat battle map with unaware people running around by themselves cav will ALWAYS dominate.

And that is the way it should be.

In Strat and coordinated scrims - different story. Nobody wants to be a support character (pike) in a pubbie battle since there is noone to support. When you have designated support characters in a coordinated battle cav is harmless if not for coordinated maneuvers and flanking on their part.

As it should be.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?