Author Topic: unexpected indulgence  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: unexpected indulgence
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 07:39:34 pm »
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 07:41:40 pm »
You should all know by now that is a given fact that admins in this mod (at least some of them) are too afraid to act like one, risking to lose their rank like others did, or simply don't care (which is also sad, no need to say names).

Just use the mute by your own discretion when someones messages are too much, I do it quite often.

Cheerio

I wish we were all wise enough to do that, and let the haters type and type on a chat where it is never read until their venom is drained...
Unfortunately wisdom is a rare and distant thing in any of us.
I will transfer 50K to your account asap!

"undue censorship": point taken but chat is gonna be hot hot hot
"This is the internet. Sorry if you get confronted with other people": say that to some admins too
"Hey, how about cutting admins some slack": I know sorry mate, I will soon I promise
Phasey I love you ok? No less than others. Don't take this as a personnal attack, just saying.

Does this have anything to do with Panos? :D
Leshma you can read in my head so don't ask, just saying I have nothing against thomek ok, and thats not why he is not mentionned.
If I had something to tell an admin I would use pm, i was just telling all admins: please find a way to be more consistent, write some rules if you have to.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 08:02:09 pm »
+1
Phazey I love you ok?
Right back at ya. :)
Careful though, there is a guy out there with the name Phasey (22nd i think). That's not me! Darn copycats...  :wink:

Next time someone is being really racist repeatedly, just screenshot the guy and make a banthread. If it's bad enough and enough evidence presented, admins will probably react with a temp- or essay ban.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 08:23:53 pm »
I know but cba to screenshot and shit and i'm not a rat agent kujan!
And sorry for the mispelling phazey, supreme lack of respect please don't ban me ;)

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 08:26:36 pm »
Have you ever been on when tenne is online? Jesus that guy just changes maps mutes kicks bans all over the place.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 08:34:51 pm »
Have you ever been on when tenne is online? Jesus that guy just changes maps mutes kicks bans all over the place.

Some people might think you're serious and saying the truth, please add a little spoiler or smilie when writing such sentences.

Also... i'm a nuffen lover. And i stand by it. But in general, the ingame chat is pretty clean in Eu1 and Eu2. Dunno about the rest.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 08:37:32 pm »
please god chadz close this post things are gonna get ugly soon.
please admin angels write some rules or use the venerable kick-kick-ban avaa hakas guidelines for consistency and peace or stop spec and let votekicks and bans on and play with us, only when the system doesn't work will you have to use your feared powers.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 08:45:38 pm »
Some are soft, some are non existent, some are harsh, some do a decent job, all are criticized, all don't like it, in the end all won't give a fuck.
Murmi 50K for you too this time ;)

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 08:46:59 pm »
I agree with you High.  I don't like it either.  Most of the ones doing it are cowards that would never dream of saying those things in public.
And 50K for that one hammer nice one!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 08:48:07 pm »
Hey, how about cutting admins some slack. There is a thin line between muting, kicking or even banning (?!) people for inappropriate chat usage and undue censorship.

This is the internet. Sorry if you get confronted with other people.

Blame the admins... geez....  :rolleyes:

I think what karasu meant is that admins are afraid to use powers to full extent so they don't get their ass handed to themselves by the angry mob community.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 08:53:20 pm »
I think what karasu meant is that admins are afraid to use powers to full extent so they don't get their ass handed to themselves by the angry mob community.

Not 50K for that, though I agree if they were clear rules the angry mob will stop confusing admin duty and admin behavior.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 10:34:00 pm »
They know what I mean, I've been explicit more than enough times already, costing me ninja post deletes and some really sad feedbacks.

It's never enough to say this, "Thank the gods Tenne is admin now". It's the only time when I feel I can play almost bullshit free in a full server since I know for sure that even if he's fighting and see's a "chat to admin" text he stops the fight and solves the problem straight away.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:35:27 pm by karasu »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 11:11:42 pm »
sorry mate, i just thought I was clear, I thought you were taking the piss I, i didnt mean to be rude to you, not that way.
I have no intention to dissociate from anyone, not from you either, I don't know you and you have been quite inactive ingame anyways, why would I?
I didn't want to be vague, I just meant to say: please admins stop being indulgent to racism on server because it spoils my day, that's all mate.

i agree

usually eu servers are pretty good in the terms of topics of conversation

sometimes its unclear whether the text is offensive or not, sometimes it is so i would urge players to use "i" chat to let an admin know that it is offensive - even if it may be obvious to you

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 11:15:20 pm »
I wonder what would happen if I called someone white trash for trolling purposes? Not that I would.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 11:19:12 pm »
I wonder what would happen if I called someone white trash for trolling purposes? Not that I would.

Probably nothing.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.