Author Topic: Will there be a free respec given the difficulty changes ?  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Will there be a free respec given the difficulty changes ?
« on: September 19, 2011, 12:29:22 pm »
+1
I think many NA cav were using courser and arab with the bare minimum riding skill, and I was using the +3 arab warhorse I just bought (:evil:) with 6 riding.

Will there be a free respec for those poor souls ? Those difficulty changes make sense but I don't want to loose all this hard-earned xp, and I guess nobody wants.

Also did the dev team tought about lowering horse prices a bit, at least those in the destrier-large warhorse range ? After all, the price of armored horses comes from the armor, the horse itself has less value than a stallion like the courser or the arab warhorse.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Will there be a free respec given the difficulty changes ?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:33:21 pm »
well how can you give the respec due to market being introduced and many ppl (including myself) having allot more looms than generations.

i deleted my gen 11 char and gave all my looms away few months ago, returned, got some looms back, sold some loom points and now i have a full set again and im only gen 4 on this char.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 12:35:00 pm »
+3
The patch hasn't been calibrated properly yet!?! Let the devs work for crying out loud, they're trying new stuff with WSE and just because they didn't get something right to begin with, doesn't mean that they're going to leave it like that does it?

Every single time there is a new patch, they work and work and work until things are sorted and most of the time one class gets a hit to the face for a couple of days and everyone calls for a free respec/free heirloom change etc etc and every single time it gets sorted. Have some patience!

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:09:23 pm »
The patch hasn't been calibrated properly yet!?! Let the devs work for crying out loud, they're trying new stuff with WSE and just because they didn't get something right to begin with, doesn't mean that they're going to leave it like that does it?

Every single time there is a new patch, they work and work and work until things are sorted and most of the time one class gets a hit to the face for a couple of days and everyone calls for a free respec/free heirloom change etc etc and every single time it gets sorted. Have some patience!

But u gotta admit that it would only be fair to the cav. Most of them used arabian or the courser and now u need 2 or 1 riding-skill more. So if they want to keep it that way something like a free respec for everyone would be cool. Ok, they could just switch to another horse until they retire or just do a normal respec, but there are probably a lot of players with endbuilds who can't use their horsies anymore and that is just annoying.

You keep telling us to be patient because they maybe change it later...but why should they make such a big change to the game if they don't attend to stick with it?^^

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 01:17:15 pm »
+3
No free respecs.

they could just switch to another horse until they retire or just do a normal respec

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 674
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 01:18:30 pm »
At this point free respec for you cav cry babies would be reasonable, but heirloom reset without gold reset is absolutely idiotic. Heirloom reset can only go with full wipe cause now we have ze marketplace...

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 01:25:09 pm »
u need 2 or 1 riding-skill more.

2 and 3! riding skill more.  also the worth of the horses has been decimated so it actually sso a trade for one of those horses is unlikely.

on the other hand any decent dedicated cav should have 6/7 riding.  although  i wish i wouldnt have respecced twice this month just to end up with a fucked build,  i must say this was a good step.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 01:26:42 pm »
+1

No they dont fix shit after a patch. Look at throwing, it was nerffed to shit and only now are they trying to fix it. It is still shit, idc what you say, there is no way throwing is as good as any other class. 100% waste of time. Bows where nerffed again? Cav was nerffed again (yay i hate op cav)
but its ok, they nerffed xbows too. :rolleyes:

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 01:30:09 pm »
This is a must.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 01:56:25 pm »

I already know this. But if the changes are kept, which is fine for me (read : I'm happy with the new difficulty values), then the only way to "get it right" is to hand off at least a free respec. Or maybe take back all the heirloomed items that had their difficulty changed and give the corresponding amount of heirloom points as a refund.

The possibility to use another horse before respeccing doesn't solve the problem with heirlooms. I don't feel like I was using an OP item given it's price and frailty. In fact, horses weren't the best thing to heirloom for cavmen.

Anyway I sit on a big pile of gold (otherwise I couldn't use a horse, what a nice game) and earn money with trading. I will probably sell my horse for peanuts and buy the next FOTM +3 item if the nerf is really that hard :?

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 02:08:41 pm »
I'd like a free reset considering last night I re-distributed my characters skills to become a 1h cav, using arabian warhorse, only to wake up and find I need 7 riding instead of the 4 I had already allotted. Bollocks I say!
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 02:16:20 pm »
How strange, two 2h and a notorious cav hater  :lol: