Author Topic: to everyone complaining  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Dahobo

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
to everyone complaining
« on: September 19, 2011, 05:10:47 am »
1. This nerf to cav was needed badly to was always OP and they always topped the scoreboard, with this new patch it allowed a huge class balance. Now Both melee, archers, and cavalry at the top of the list instead of just cav.

2. The bad thing about this? The bad thing is that it killed 1 classes. Sword cavalry, this is due to that bumping was one of the best strategies was to bump and slash and due to the new patch it killed it.

3. Bows have seem to got a good buff which in my personal opinion was unneeded ( I’m a archer) the arrow speed should be set back but the pierce should stay.

4. Crossbows (imo) have gotton a good balance decreasing their accuracy and reload speed so no problem there.

Also it was not only chadz who made these decisions SO SHUT UP AND STOP RAGING AT HIM. 

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: to everyone complaining
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:11:41 am »
It's already been said the horse bump nerf will be removed in a hotfix. Apparently it was never meant to be included. So 1h cav shouldn't worry.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:13:22 am »
Devs should just rename patches "rage updates" *click to DL*

Offline Dahobo

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 05:13:28 am »
The only problem I find with the horse bump is that a horse just needs to move a few inchs and he can stun you or kick your ass to the ground which gets really annoying.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 05:14:11 am »
The only problem I find with the horse bump is that a horse just needs to move a few inchs and he can stun you or kick your ass to the ground which gets really annoying.

Problem is, now if inf want to avoid your attack as cav, all they have to do is step into the horse and get bumped, meaning you can't hit them.

Offline Dahobo

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 05:16:18 am »
^ dam you got me there wasnt think but now that its being removed.. It does matter again.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 05:32:08 am »
+1
After hearing about the horses, the riding skill increase should be balanced by some very slight buff. Perhaps a 1k decrease in horse cost for a few of the horses or something...?

In any case, the archers seemed to have gotten a bit too much of a buff, as you've posted. While I'm for balancing the game, I'd rather not be forced to treat my horse like an origami even more.

After taking a break from the game, and hearing about the bump thing getting removed, I'm overall mostly content with the patch. Things will be ironed out in the future, so it'll all work out eventually.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 05:36:16 am »
dahabo u forget that cav is by far the most expencive class to play , gtfo with ur ballanced shit talk
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 05:57:42 am »
+4
1. This nerf to cav was needed badly to was always OP and they always topped the scoreboard, with this new patch it allowed a huge class balance. Now Both melee, archers, and cavalry at the top of the list instead of just cav.

This is a terrible argument and I get angry everytime I see someone use it (and it's used a lot).

Cav get to pad their scores with swathes of newbies and inattentive players, which makes people assume cav is overpowered.  But just because they are great at getting kills doesn't mean they are helping their teams out with these kills.  Inattentive newbs and peasants are going to find a way to get themselves killed while contributing little to the round; cav just end up getting to them first.

Look around, heed the environment, and always keep eyes in the back of your head, and I bet you your deaths to cav will decrease dramatically.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:00:45 am by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Beer

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 06:04:15 am »
This is a terrible argument and I get angry everytime I see someone use it (and it's used a lot).

Cav kill unaware players. 
Unaware players contribute very little to their teams.
There are a lot of (stupid) unaware people who run in straight lines and aren't paying attention to their surroundings and/or are new to the game and are peasants.

Lots of dumb people + peasants = Cav get to top the scoreboards.

Cav get to pad their scores with swathes of newbies and inattentive players, which makes people assume cav is overpowered.

Look around, heed the environment, and always keep eyes in the back of your head, and I bet you your deaths to cav will decrease dramatically.  And then you'll become a better player because instead of dying to the vulture cav every round you'll get a chance to contribute to melee or whatever else you plan on doing.
This. Cav is and always will be a support class. 1 vs 1, against any decent infantry or archer, unless the cav is exceptionally good, it will lose the fight. Just because idiots can't watch their surroundings doesn't mean a class is OP. I am glad to hear that it will be fixed soon, however.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 06:05:09 am »

Cav get to pad their scores with swathes of newbies and inattentive players, which makes people assume cav is overpowered.  But just because they are great at getting kills doesn't mean they are helping their teams out with these kills.  Inattentive newbs and peasants are going to find a way to get themselves killed while contributing little to the round; cav just end up getting to them first.

Look around, heed the environment, and always keep eyes in the back of your head, and I bet you your deaths to cav will decrease dramatically.

+1 +1 +1 +! +1!

Offline Hisagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saints of War
  • Game nicks: SoW_BS_Toby_Moogle_King, sK_BlackHawk
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 06:06:58 am »
Cav is easy even with the bump nerf. If anything cav got buffed in this patch IMO
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hisagi's Den of Gewdies

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 06:07:11 am »
MrShine is right
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 06:10:01 am »

This. This is how every class gets their really good scores, pretty much. The reason why people think 2h is overpowered is because there are people who get high scores on them.. guess how you get a high score the majority of the time? You grab the easy kills before anyone else gets them. That means you need to be a) fast (2h usually has highest athletics, no shield to burden them) b) have length to hit first.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 06:10:11 am »
Alot of cavalry get most of their kills on people who are really bad at the game, they go to those people before 2handers and stuff can get to them so it pads their KDR while contributing nothing to their team and anyway even with those 'free' kills I only ever saw around 5 cav doing real well and topping scoreboards, way more melee classes top the scoreboard than cavalry.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:11:58 am by BADPLAYER »