Author Topic: New strategus map, EU/NA Split  (Read 31097 times)

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
Re: New strategus map, EU/NA Split
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2011, 08:51:59 pm »
+1
Lol...keshian...u guys shouldn't really take him too seriously :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2011, 08:52:22 pm »
LOCK THE THREAD
Definitely a step in the right direction. Though i have a better proposal, just for you.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2011, 09:21:18 pm »
Hey guys I have a brand new idea...2 maps

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2011, 11:34:10 pm »
So at our coming home time we have 314 players yesterday na didnt even have 150... at there coming home time, Kesh are you starting to get the point ? stop making up numbers and stats that are quite easily proven wrong!! Also were are all these Na clans? why do they keep getting talked about but are not actually appearing?

Where are you egtting these inaccurate numbers (your coming home time is our middle of the workday, early morning of course its going to be low numbers then).  During our prime time last night we had 267, which is a little lower probably because so many NA guys showed up earlier to fight on EU3 for the test battle giving out loads of xp (I know 4 guys from BRD alone).  You take out the test abttle the numbers are not that far from parity.  The best way to measure is take averages of number of players on EU servers and NA servers for a 24 hour period, say Friday night to Saturday night (and take the averages every half hour or hour). 

But sadly chadz has already mentioned he won't be considering the fact that there is more than 36.7% NA players on the servers in his consideration for startegus, so it doesn't even matter at this point.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2011, 12:20:11 am »
Lol Kesh...even now (11:30 pm UK on a work night, later in mainland EU) EU has more players than NA. NA has around 150 between the servers, and EU has around 200 between them. This is getting close to major down time on EU servers. In about an hour EU1 usually drops to 60-40 players (except weekends). Whereas in NA (East/West regardless) it's still quite early. But at the equivalent time in EU the servers are jam packed full. EU1 and EU4 were on/off passworded all day today. As well as the siege servers.

NA simply does not have anywhere near close the player base of EU. Whatever way you argue it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:25:41 am by Overdriven »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 22, 2011, 12:25:37 am »
Lol Kesh...even now (11:30 pm UK on a work night, later in mainland EU) EU has more players than NA. NA has around 150 between the servers, and EU has around 200 between them. This is getting close to major down time on EU servers. In about an hour EU1 usually drops to 60-40 players (except weekends). Whereas in NA (East/West regardless) it's still quite early. But at the equivalent time in EU the servers are jam packed full. EU1 and EU4 were on/off passworded all day today. As well as the siege servers.

Thats the problem with using the "equivalent" time, its not - you guys have 12 time zones including russia, whereas we have 4 active, maybe could argue 6.  So what you call your "equivalent" 3 pm time (where we are not busy right now because many of us work) is actually 7-10 pm somewhere in russia and so very active primetime for them.  Thats why I am saying you ahve to take an average of unique players over a 24 hour period, otherwise any result based on a smaller time frame will be heavily skewed by difference in number of timezones.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:27:04 am by Keshian »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2011, 12:32:25 am »
+1
Thats the problem with using the "equivalent" time, its not - you guys have 12 time zones including russia, whereas we have 4 active, maybe could argue 6.  So what you call your 3 pm time (where we are not busy right now because many of us work) is actually 7-10 pm somewhere in russia and so very active primetime for them.

I'm pretty sure the entire of EU1, EU2, EU4, EU5 were not filled with Russians at 3pm today. I actually see more Russians and Eastern Euros at 6am UK time than I do in the afternoon. Oddly at 6am EU1 is quite full. I've stayed up all night for a few nights now and gone to bed at 6am.

But still...any which way you look at it we still have more players. Even more so if you include your 300 or so Russians who apparently play at 3pm my time.

The fact that EU1 + EU4 + EU2 combined at this time of night (middle of the night in most of EU) is still greater than NA servers combined, despite the fact it's prime time in East coast means something and getting on late afternoon on the West coast means something.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:33:48 am by Overdriven »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2011, 01:11:01 am »
Thats the problem with using the "equivalent" time, its not - you guys have 12 time zones including russia, whereas we have 4 active, maybe could argue 6.  So what you call your "equivalent" 3 pm time (where we are not busy right now because many of us work) is actually 7-10 pm somewhere in russia and so very active primetime for them.  Thats why I am saying you ahve to take an average of unique players over a 24 hour period, otherwise any result based on a smaller time frame will be heavily skewed by difference in number of timezones.
LOL! EU goes over 12 time zones? Yeah, I guess with ASIAN Russia we do. But you really think they are playing on EU servers? You really fucking believe that? xD OMG how STUPID! This is just hilariously silly! Ahhhhhhhhhh. Someone can't stop bitching about how "we have more players in NA" when you CLEARLY do not. xD Does anyone even take Kesh seriously anymore?

Also, for shitz and gigglez, let's look at the timezones:
(click to show/hide)

The timezone thingy wasn't really meant for anything, except to show how lulzy Kesh's arguments are :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BG
  • Game nicks: Jinx, Twistedsickle
« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2011, 01:14:58 am »
+1
You guys are arguing with Kesh no?  Get this thread over with.... AND START STRAT.... Who cares already....
Jinx

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2011, 01:15:22 am »
+1
I think Kesh said 12 because all to +12 probably play on EU server. But there can't be many of them  :P

But regardless...I don't think anyone seriously believes NA have anywhere near the EU player base.

Ah I love being in the UK. The center of the timezone world.

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2011, 01:42:03 am »
Why do ppl keep down voting my posts? Is it the avatar?

It seems noone is happy with the current map proposal but I guess that is a good sign, in all honesty.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:43:42 am by Thax »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2011, 01:44:55 am »
Why do ppl keep down voting my posts? Is it the avatar?

It seems noone is happy with the current map proposal but I guess that is a good sign, in all honesty.

Why did you downvote my posts? I like the new map...said so a while ago  :)

Offline Gafgarion

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Ninja - Best Job Ever
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Pirate, Ninja_Ghost
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2011, 02:22:06 am »
Is Kwynn split down the middle? If so we Ninjas would've been screwed.

Anyway two maps would've been nice, but new map is nice too.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2011, 02:45:20 am »
I'm pretty sure the entire of EU1, EU2, EU4, EU5 were not filled with Russians at 3pm today. I actually see more Russians and Eastern Euros at 6am UK time than I do in the afternoon. Oddly at 6am EU1 is quite full. I've stayed up all night for a few nights now and gone to bed at 6am.

But still...any which way you look at it we still have more players. Even more so if you include your 300 or so Russians who apparently play at 3pm my time.

The fact that EU1 + EU4 + EU2 combined at this time of night (middle of the night in most of EU) is still greater than NA servers combined, despite the fact it's prime time in East coast means something and getting on late afternoon on the West coast means something.

What are you talking about?  Right now NA is 5:41 PST (so still a  little too early because people just getting home from work) and we have 232 on the NA servers (and that is even with all the community servers not updated with the new patch yet so less people playing) and only 71 in all of the EU servers combined right now.  Like I said before we need to take a rolling average for 24 hours of unique users. 

You guys don't realize the NA community has grown considerably faster than the EU in the last 12 months and we are much closer to parity of individual active users than you realize, but you can't shift your perception from 8 months ago (and neither can all the EU developers who have almost completely ignored NA for so long).  One forum poll where a tiny segment of the playerbase votes doesn't tell us anything accurate.

And JArlek - look at your silly map, its not like Alaska has more than a couple players.  For all practical purpose NA has 4 time zones - PST, MST, CST, and EST. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:49:25 am by Keshian »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2011, 03:18:03 am »
+1
What are you talking about?  Right now NA is 5:41 PST (so still a  little too early because people just getting home from work) and we have 232 on the NA servers (and that is even with all the community servers not updated with the new patch yet so less people playing) and only 71 in all of the EU servers combined right now.  Like I said before we need to take a rolling average for 24 hours of unique users. 

You guys don't realize the NA community has grown considerably faster than the EU in the last 12 months and we are much closer to parity of individual active users than you realize, but you can't shift your perception from 8 months ago (and neither can all the EU developers who have almost completely ignored NA for so long).  One forum poll where a tiny segment of the playerbase votes doesn't tell us anything accurate.

It's 1:45am (UK) when you posted this. 2:20 am by the time of my reply. I told you the servers suddenly drop numbers in EU when it hits 12:30am - 1am Uk times  :rolleyes: At 12am there were still 180 players on the servers. More than NA at this time even considering east coast was prime time.

But still...232 is nothing compared to full EU (community servers haven't been updated for us either  :P ) which numbers over 300 at even lesser peak times.

I realise it has. I know it has simply from observation. But fact is, due to my student like nature, I tend to play at some ridiculous hours for EU...aka...now - 6am. Thus I look through the server lists at prime time NA and they are still nowhere near as large as prime time EU. Regardless of your supposed 12 hours of EU timezones. Like I said...EU servers spend a lot of their time passworded with the automatic password that kicks in...and that's all day. Not just during prime time. Work hours mean little because EU numbers are so large. There are actually a lot of guys like me at uni/at home/whatever which means they play during the day. Work time is not an excuse for low numbers.

It's got nothing to do with shifting perceptions. I'm not denying the NA has increased significantly in crpg. Everyone knows this. But it's still simple fact that the EU playerbase is far larger.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:27:16 am by Overdriven »