Author Topic: Horses too slow  (Read 3292 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Horses too slow
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 03:53:43 am »
+2
oh come on..

Crying for nerfs is feedback to the devs about whats going on in the servers. I'm proud to have been at the forefront for many nerfs. Especially archers! This time, cav as well.. I've been riding the nerf the cav since january.

Without nerfs this game would be stale and aboozed to the max. You think 10pd superfast, super-accurate, one-shotting archers in plate with backup flamberge was cool? Do you think level 40's ninjas like I was with 10 athletics, 210 2h wpf, 110 throwing wpf, 103 speed katana, carrying 12 jarids with pt6 was cool? Not as bad as lvl 40 tincans with 10 PS and 180wpf and a danish greatsword though. People cried when they removed the ability to use a great axe with 40+ damage in 1h mode from horses. The speed bonus was so great they 1shotted 90% of players.

ALSO, the game is self balancing to a certain extent. If cav become less dangerous, the campy xbows and long spear users may become fewer- leading to easier times for cav.

The problem was that because of the constant cav-threat, large amounts of people became roofcampers and ranged in stead of carrying pikes which is a passive defence, depending on the stupidity of the cav player.. TBH I miss the times where I could pull out a huge bamboo from my pants, surprising the cav. It was always a lot of fun..

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Beer

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 07:43:08 am »
I loled.

Dude, relax, Cavalry is OP like archery, it had to be tweaked so that they do not dominate the battlefield. Gamebalance bro, gamebalance. The top speed is fine, just your horse acts more like a heavily burdened animal and less like a racecar now, gives infantry more of a chance.
And now two handed spammers can dominate the battlefield even more and they call it balance? Cavalry was fine before, Infantry just need to learn to be aware of their surroundings.

Offline Reddy

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Red
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 09:15:51 am »
And now two handed spammers can dominate the battlefield even more and they call it balance? Cavalry was fine before, Infantry just need to learn to be aware of their surroundings.

This.

Besides, the easiest way to get rid of roofcampers is to take off ladders from battle, and yes I know there are some roofs which you can jump on from other obstacles and scenery but what's to stop shielders with 2handers behind them jumping up and forcing them off the roof.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:23:28 am by Reddy »
[00:23] * reddy slaps cmp around a bit with a large fishbot

Because I can.

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2011, 10:47:18 am »
This nerf is BS. And I hate that so many people including half the devs and admins hate cavalry, they proberably want to nerf it even more...
What we need is a stamina system, for both infantry and horses. Where you could only gallop for around 60 seconds and then be reduced to a canter for 40 or so, unless you slow down manually to recharge your stamina. Same for infantry, swinging a heavy weapon should take stamina and running should very slowly drain it, but add a walking feature which recharges it.

Edit:
oh come on..

Crying for nerfs is feedback to the devs about whats going on in the servers
*snip*
That couldn't be more wrong. All everybody wants is BUFF ME NERF MY COUNTER! You should take into account what everybody thinks, not just the rambo 2h'ers and un-aware archers who stand in a field and get killed, then go cry in the forums.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:49:48 am by ToxicKilla »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2011, 10:51:26 am »
As I see it, we are going towards the "realism based" balancing methods now. Nothing is wrong with that, so we might see that stamina thing or something like that. I'm not against it, really.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 10:55:04 am »
As I see it, we are going towards the "realism based" balancing methods now. Nothing is wrong with that, so we might see that stamina thing or something like that. I'm not against it, really.
If we do things by realism, horse acceleration should be really fast. Horses are a herbivore pack animal that run very fast. In the wild, if something was to startle the horse it would go straight into a sprint. I don't see why it wouldn't do such a thing if a rider rammed his spurs into it's side, and whipped the reins and made that weird noise that people do when they want a horse to go faster.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 11:07:41 am »
Shit was OP needed at nerf..

Im not gonna retire/respec my 1h/cav player yet im just gonna adapt.

You guys should stop QQ...

Not to act like a brown nose kinda guy but thx chadz and the dev team.. gj  :wink:

This and the archer nerf had it comming... now if chadz could just remove polestun id be even more happy.

EDIT: almost forgot removal of ladders so ranged cant be immune to 50% of the other player base for a whole duration of a map...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:11:28 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 11:14:36 am »
If we do things by realism, horse acceleration should be really fast. Horses are a herbivore pack animal that run very fast. In the wild, if something was to startle the horse it would go straight into a sprint. I don't see why it wouldn't do such a thing if a rider rammed his spurs into it's side, and whipped the reins and made that weird noise that people do when they want a horse to go faster.

A man is faster than a horse on a short distance. The horse has to overcome a lot more inertia at the beginning.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 11:51:01 am »
instead of QQing to the admit how about you adjust to the changes?
there slower but stronger now.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 01:54:54 pm »
From another thread:

You know what would be a good nerf and "realistic" for cav? Keep the rearing effect when running into other horses, but I gotta admit it's still kinda weird to me that I can plow headlong fullspeed into a wall and the horse magically rear from 2 centimeters away. Plus it would be pretty lulzy to see cav run into a wall or a tree and watch the horse explode.