Poll

I would rather...

play on the NA side, the NA_cRPG_3 server gives me better pings
376 (36.6%)
play on the EU side, the EU_cRPG_3 server gives me better pings
651 (63.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1027

Voting closed: September 16, 2011, 08:55:42 am

Author Topic: Strategus wipe - new features - vote for your continent!  (Read 76726 times)

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Strategus wipe - new features - vote for your continent!
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2011, 04:35:03 pm »
If the economy works, I'm thinking of allowing transferring money out of strat into crpg so you neutral people can profit from it, too.
Ha, I think only half my assets may end up going to my clan now. Fortunately, the clan is so big that they'll never notice my selfishness unless I publicly confess it or something stupid like that.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:36:45 pm by Dehitay »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2011, 04:35:12 pm »
No I don't, played both mount and blades for countless of hours and I never saw anything called Zendar, what the hell is that, a taleworlds subforum is even called Zendar.

There used to be a neutral city called Zendar on the riverfront somewhere near the northern sea shore, kind of a starter area. For a long time it was the only real town, all other places were menus from which you could visit indoor shops.

AFAIK, it was a neutral town in some ancient old M&B beta version. I only started M&B after 1.xxx versions. :(

In the big scheme of things it was around for quite a long time, but it has been a while. I think it was removed back when the map was redone to be bigger, and Swadians/Vaegirs stopped being the only two factions. Can't remember version.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:38:59 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2011, 04:44:57 pm »
mods r gods

Not sure how accurate this poll will be, and I doubt the people voting would offer a really accurate sample of the larger cRPG population. Normaly not a single fuck would be given, however the results of this poll will directly result the environment we'll be playing in. Of course, it's the best that can be done, though, I think.

Idea-- Everybody picks their server preference in strategus, can that info be used to collect data on the proportion of NA to EU players?

The terrain aspect of map travel is a great idea, and would add some strategy. I'd say more but breakfast.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2011, 04:55:09 pm »
+4
imo give north to the North Americans... EU got plenty of crusader / muslim players that would love to fight over the desert

You mean for two strats in a row EU roleplayers have tried to wage crusades against the hordes of Afghoonistan and have been repulsed every time, and now EU playerbase would rather just displace the people from their rightful homeland by chadz's decree rather then actually have to you know, crusade for it.

Afghoonistan is our birthright, EU or NA, LLJK will never stop until the deserts run green of our triple boars and red of our enemies, Allahu Snackbar, الله يمنح القوة الثلاثية قبل اﻷسطوري
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2011, 05:30:09 pm »
The point is that every continent should have the same space per player. When there are 70% euros and 30% NAs, it would fuck the balance to give every side 50%. It would mean that the NA place is easier because you have less enemies.

Therefore its important to get an accurate picture of how large each playerbase is and distribute the fiefs accordingly.

IMO It should be based on active clans over active players, or active strat players over players; i have been EU servers the majority of players are not in a clan hence they don't play strat, but when you enter NA servers everyone but the newer players are in clans.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2011, 05:32:27 pm »
I feel like a total douche for being in an international clan and not being effected on the outcome of what the split ratio is.

It feels good man, it feels good...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2011, 05:42:31 pm »
EU has more players yeah but they are just thousands of horrible pubbies with no interest or clan presence in Strat, given the opportunity I guarantee there would be similar amount of clans actively participating in Strategus from both NA and EU, except maybe NA just doesn't have several stupidly large zerg clans like Grey and DRZ (yeah yeah LLJK, of course).  Those clans would probably have even MORE imbalanced land due to this partition, bordermates of them will ally up and stomp the new entrants with ease since claims tend to be based around cities and there just isn't enough land.

Give that mirrored twice the size version of Strat a go, it looks awesome and its precisely what the majority of this playerbase has been clamoring for (probably).  I don't want to see the vast amount of north america clans (there are a LOT and Strat will give reason for more and more to form) be bottlenecked in some stupid 30 percent section of the map, its hardly fair, and will simply not be big enough for all the drama the NA community brings.  Either way if you divide the current map like this, I guarantee 80 percent of EU map will be UIF again within a few weeks, enjoy your fucked up Strategus balance
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2011, 05:53:41 pm »
So happy to see this, I think that the effect of the new scarcity of land for both sides will either cause a crossing or really aggressive domination of both sides via. warfare.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2011, 05:58:54 pm »
Yeah, I vote for a LA server :CRY:

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2011, 05:59:09 pm »
Can't remember version.

I think Zendar was removed from M&B beta since 8.0 ...3 years ago...
Can't believe I play M&B since 2005...

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2011, 06:03:16 pm »
This is whats gonna happen, the bigger NA clans will take the 30% of the map (all of the NA land), then the smaller clans will have to move into EU territory and get roflstomped; But when it come to EU everyone gets to keep the land they want, even the smaller clans.

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2011, 06:06:46 pm »
+1
So happy to see this, I think that the effect of the new scarcity of land for both sides will either cause a crossing or really aggressive domination of both sides via. warfare.

And we get to smash our faces against each others all over again!

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2011, 06:07:49 pm »
I feel like a total douche for being in an international clan and not being effected on the outcome of what the split ratio is.

It feels good man, it feels good...
Actually, if chadz does make 70% of the map EU, Fallen will likely get pushed past the border towards the EU side. Which means EU ping for a lot of Fallen battles

Likewise, only NA would have a scarcity of land. EU can be even more peaceful than they were in the just finished version of Strat

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2011, 06:09:12 pm »
Small clans wouldn't be able to parcipate strategus again ...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2011, 06:09:59 pm »
+1

So... you think that the effect will cause... the same thing that the NA side was experiencing all along in the desert and surrounding area? Okay, probably yeah, considering NA are a bunch of blood thirsty never dull warmongers. Meanwhile EU will be even more peaceful then before!
Actually, if chadz does make 70% of the map EU, Fallen will likely get pushed past the border towards the EU side. Which means EU ping for a lot of Fallen battles
Maybe we can straddle a border. that would work very well for us.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.