Author Topic: Strategus accountsharing/multiaccounting and it's consequences  (Read 20165 times)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Re: Strategus accountsharing/multiaccounting and it's consequences
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 02:06:06 pm »
1.  RANK 10 is allowed once a day to give
1.a)  movement commands to members who haven't logged in for say 3+ days
Easily abusable.
Make all your active members rank 10 = secure way to do multiaccounting ;)

I think the problem here is : Community wants multiaccounting to be legal somehow either by acocuntsharing or clan officers right to control regulars.Devs don't want it to prevent a clan of 10 controls 200 members on strategus.
There is a saying in turkish "İki ucu boklu değnek" means "Rod with shits on each side" literally .Which refers to "Both paths goes into shitty situation"
If you don't let officers or rank 10s or dedicated no lifer clan members whatever you want to call them , to access and control regular clanmates strategus actions , it is a shitty situation because no one wants to pump only troops,golds to villages.If you don't prevent it somehow people will abooze.
There should be a solution maybe like each officer (Rank 10 no lifer clan member) can only control 1 clan member's movements.It will be fair for everyone i think.
Clanmembers are not cows that you can produce milk everyday.It is really boring to send troops+gold which auto regenerates itself by time.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2011, 02:57:05 pm »
Easily abusable.
Make all your active members rank 10 = secure way to do multiaccounting ;)
not abusable, if only one can hold rank 10 and don't forget about point 2., which suggest limited action points

I think the problem here is : Community wants multiaccounting to be legal somehow either by acocuntsharing or clan officers right to control regulars.Devs don't want it to prevent a clan of 10 controls 200 members on strategus.
Community wants it? really? which part, those with shitload of money in their pockets to by a hundred cd keys?
Or those huge clans/alliances with 100+ players.
Devs don't want to prevent it? never heard about that, but if some dev wants here to state that openly that it will never happen because they love to have someone with 200 in one faction or alliance, steam rolling the game ... i am all ears

If you don't let officers or rank 10s or dedicated no lifer clan members whatever you want to call them , to access and control regular clanmates strategus actions , it is a shitty situation because no one wants to pump only troops,golds to villages.If you don't prevent it somehow people will abooze.
therefor we need regulating mechanics, which i suggested which werent yet commented from you

There should be a solution maybe like each officer (Rank 10 no lifer clan member) can only control 1 clan member's movements.It will be fair for everyone i think.
Clanmembers are not cows that you can produce milk everyday.It is really boring to send troops+gold which auto regenerates itself by time.
From how you say it it seems more open to abuse then my suggestions, but please clarify, if there is no rank 10 restriction, how would you restrict the movements(movements or actions?) which could be done by any clan mate with rank 10, in a 50+ member clan like the Wolves i could have 20 guys with rank 10... so in terms of numbers 40 characters on the map would be set to use.

With action points, moving a character is an action, entering a fief is an action, starting to work or recruit is an action, leaving a fief is an action
and combining that with a restricted overall usage of action points to 3-4 for ALL Rank 10 users for one day, you would have some flexibility and a lot less need to share accounts as you just can make some urgent changes or if you believe nothing cruciul is happening today some simple logistic stuff.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:59:57 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2011, 04:54:27 pm »
Community wants it? really? which part, those with shitload of money in their pockets to by a hundred cd keys?

Steam sales baby.  Gotta love warband for 5 bucks.  Work for an hour or two, buy 10 cd keys to donate to the clan for production.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2011, 04:55:58 pm »
not abusable, if only one can hold rank 10 and don't forget about point 2., which suggest limited action points
Or those huge clans/alliances with 100+ players.
Devs don't want to prevent it? never heard about that, but if some dev wants here to state that openly that it will never happen because they love to have someone with 200 in one faction or alliance, steam rolling the game ... i am all ears
therefor we need regulating mechanics, which i suggested which werent yet commented from you
From how you say it it seems more open to abuse then my suggestions, but please clarify, if there is no rank 10 restriction, how would you restrict the movements(movements or actions?) which could be done by any clan mate with rank 10, in a 50+ member clan like the Wolves i could have 20 guys with rank 10... so in terms of numbers 40 characters on the map would be set to use.

With action points, moving a character is an action, entering a fief is an action, starting to work or recruit is an action, leaving a fief is an action
and combining that with a restricted overall usage of action points to 3-4 for ALL Rank 10 users for one day, you would have some flexibility and a lot less need to share accounts as you just can make some urgent changes or if you believe nothing cruciul is happening today some simple logistic stuff.
-I didn't see that you suggested only 1 rank 10 will be accepted that's why i thought it's abusable.
-Kinn you want to control your lazy rank 1 clan members , your suggestions show that .
-You are part of this community as far as i know ;)
-You misunderstood my post about "Devs point of view." i tried to say " Devs don't want it(Multi-Account)to prevent a clan of 10 controls 200 members on strategus.
-I've read your suggestions only the first quote was about your post the others are supporting your suggestions anyway ?...
-It'll be fair because if a clan of 20 can play with 40 members if they abooz,any clan can do that it only doubles the members of the clan if everyone aboozes im not saying that's the best solution ofc :D
There should be a better solution on this.
I don't want to have only 1 rank 10 in my clan.This is not how our clan is being ruled.
Solution should prevent clans using zombie accounts .
Solution should let clan officers manage their own "living" clan members somehow.
Actually what we seek is a temporary solution tho with addition of crafting and economy every member playing strat will have something to do . Maybe there should be another rank on factions like rank 20 which is unique to 1 member at a time and could be changed by rank 10s in faction and that guy would have movement powers like kinngrimm suggested cuz it'll help really much.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2011, 05:10:45 pm »
+2
Problem is that strat only has stuff to do for the clan leader(s).  For the rest of us members it's just an annoyingly slow picture that the leaders keep harping on us about:
Have you transferred "x" yet?  have you? could you?  will you?  fucking do it!
Have you moved to "y" and started doing "z"?  fucking do it!
Hey guys can you transfer your "x" to my "y"?  do it NOW!

Fuck you, we're trying to play a game not just look at some spreadsheet that gives you shit all day.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2011, 05:39:02 pm »
Problem is that strat only has stuff to do for the clan leader(s).  For the rest of us members it's just an annoyingly slow picture that the leaders keep harping on us about:

Fuck you, we're trying to play a game not just look at some spreadsheet that gives you shit all day.
This is i agree on and this is why we need a solution .
With economy/crafting system i think it'll be more fun for faction members but still there will be orders like "Craft x amount of y till the end of z" idk it seems like a paradox atm...

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2011, 06:39:25 pm »
Questions to the equus africanus asinus-Team:

What if a mate comes over with his pc for a few days and plays warband/strat from here... It would be the same IP but different pcs/cookies. Would that bring me in danger? would I have to report that every time? :(

I think you are fine as long as he waits to get home to play Strategus.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2011, 06:42:58 pm »
Why is there even discussion on this topic?

You shouldn't be able to login to another clan members account and control their strategus character.  The suggestion to let officers or people with a certain rank control other members is ridiculous as well.

If the person isn't playing strategus themselves, then nobody else should be able to play for them...it's basically like having multiple accounts for one person.  If you have a clan member that can only login to strategus once a week (which seems very unlikely, but let's just play along), than that means that person can only transfer troops/equipment/money, once a week.  I don't see why there is any discussion on the matter, that's just the way it is.  You shouldn't be able to basically have ghost armies of people recruiting for only a couple active strategus players.

1 person = 1 strategus account.  Simple.

That's the way you see.  That's not the way I see it (as a footsoldier).  I recruit troops and make money and when I get to a certain point I transfer it over to my officer.  When/if they deem necessary, they transfer to the marshall or another leader.  We sometimes individually keep our own armies, but when called upon, we transfer the troops, equipment, and sometimes gold to the proper person up the chain of command.  I feel I am actively a part of my faction.  I take part in the strategus battles and when it's my faction in the battle, a small piece of the troops and equipment is my personal contribution. 

I do not feel it's a waste of my time or tedious or anything else for a lowly foot soldier/grunt like myself to be active in it.  It takes about 5 minutes of management a day (at most) to check the strat map and make sure my character is doing what I want them to do still (recruiting, making money, or moving across the map).  If I need to move, then it takes a little bit more coordination with my time and logging into the strategus website, but again, (if I time it correctly), I will only need to login again when my char arrives at my destination and spend the 1 minute doing what I need to do at the new location.

I fail to sympathize or throw a pity party for the people who feel they are not "involved" in strategus.  If you don't feel you're involved and don't enjoy it, then I suggest going back to regular c-rpg.  I enjoy strategus from the lowly grunt's perspective. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:47:59 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2011, 05:29:56 am »
dont make rules you wont enforce IMO.
lets see some enforcing.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2011, 11:29:08 am »
dont make rules you wont enforce IMO.
lets see some enforcing.

Yeah, not sure, how chadz can track properly, but this is absolutely rampant right now.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2011, 12:52:09 pm »
I have 2 characters in Strategus.

First:
This is my only one real character in Strategus.
I play them almost 1 year.
This character interacts with all entities of Strategus like:
  • traveling over the map
  • visiting fiefs
  • gathering troops\golds
  • buying\selling equipment
  • attacking and is attacked
  • gathering intelligence info
  • transferring goods from one to other characters\fiefs\locations
  • (in future) defending caravans
  • (in future) crafting equipment
  • applying to the battles
  • etc
This character is archer. I am playing this character for a long time (see above).
I am a little tired to be archer only, and want to play, sometimes, as melee to.
It's funny to play different ways (to change play style etc)

I have many alts "on" my main character. But there is not possible to change main character
(why?). I want to do it (to choose another alt and make'em as main) - but it's not allowed.
Even if I delete my "main" character I can't assign "main" role to any of my alts.
But, btw, I really don't want to delete my characters! Why I must delete my character, in which spent many hours\weeks\months?
Is here at least one reason? No at all. It's just a rule.

Why do not to allow to change "role" of character ~2 weekly\monthly? This month I playing as archer.
Next month as cavalry (if I want to change type of the game). Without deleting characters.

Second:
Anyway - so about 1 week ago (I have 2nd key from steam WB sale-out by 5$)
I added second character to Strategus (melee).
This character NOT interacts with any (except see bellow) entities of Strategus like:
  • traveling over the map
  • visiting fiefs
  • gathering troops\golds
  • buying\selling equipment
  • attacking and is attacked
  • gathering intelligence info
  • transferring goods from one to other characters\fiefs\locations
  • (in future) defending caravans
  • (in future) crafting equipment
  • applying to the battles (only)
  • nothing more !

This character just applying to the battles.
This characters behavior (usage) doesn't give ANY advantages to me or my faction.
(check list above and try to find out how - if you thinking other way).
He staying (right now traveling) at the corner of the map -
to do not contaminate (not to clutter) the map.
And btw - to do not gain any advantage in the battle - if it's needed -
I will not join my factions battles with this character.
To do not have any in-game advantages of this character.

But, of course - I have very big bonus doing this.
But OUTSIDE of the game. I enjoy. Not bothering anyone.
It's give not any advantage to my real character, to my faction.
I'ts give not any bonusses, it's give not any benefits.
I'ts give bonuses\benefits\advantages to only one person - me.
To the real person (human) , not to in-game characters or whatever.

And I can't do it? Seriously?

So - I am not hiding, i provided all necessary information about situation at all and about
me.
So I hope dev's don't choose worser way (punish me) or, even,
better way (just "ignore" me, cos "he really didn't anything bad - let he live").
But they (devs) just change a rules. For example by allowing to switching a "main" role
between alts weekly. Or somehow. But smth will be changed.

Cos it's not a real cruel world, it is a   g a m e.
Why to do not allow to ppl to enjoy this game more?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:55:46 pm by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2011, 01:18:02 pm »
You are allowed to use different keys in crpg but not in strategus if your second key character don’t do anything in strategus then no punishment for you.
There should be a button do delete a character from strategus that you not use. But for now you should not touch you character for week or two in order to let it disappear. As far as I know.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:19:47 pm by Karmazyn »
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2011, 04:21:44 pm »
So going to enforce the rules you set forth or should I be joining the crowd?
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2011, 06:52:45 pm »
@3APB
mate i suggested something like that, what i got was reactions like this is not that and that game this cRPG ... or worse

my suggestion was
1. You only have one main Character
2. You can switch roles any time, by loading builds or just giving again all points available through the level/exp you already reached

=> flexibility => fun

Imagine you can switch at any time to a character build you saved and then play any type of class.
This is still an RPG character, only that it is flexible in the definition of stats.
Why would i have to wait a week for a skipthefun and take teh hustle on deleting the character creating a new one ... the name only says it all, skipping the fun.

You don't spread out all your time on characters, if you think that those would get too powerfull, lower the exp/gold inc.
And btw how many times have you asked yourself or have been asked why you can't switch your +1x item to another character.
With this suggestion you still would need to make the exp to get loomed items and you would have the need to make many more generations. In teh end you will either choose a specific class and sell all other stuff when you go for max level or you make a hybrid of sorts.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2011, 07:17:29 pm »
Exactly, there are many ways how to give to the players more fun and flexibility of gameplay (=enjoy).
But instead of this we have only difficulties and complexities. Without any reasons.
              [STR] Strangers Faction