Author Topic: Strategus accountsharing/multiaccounting and it's consequences  (Read 20396 times)

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
Re: Strategus accountsharing/multiaccounting and it's consequences
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2011, 04:03:20 pm »
Account sharing and multiple cd-keys is a plauge in this strat, i really witnessed lots of situations where was ovious (like 20 people moving as one, or chars with similar names, or people that it's oviously not online and it's just moved by someone else).

I hope you devs will put an end on this soon, but i have doubts you'll manage to stop completely. People are using proxies or just connecting from another house (like 1 char at home 1 at office, or 1 char on pc 1 char on laptop).
I have a private network and when you banned my ip because i put wrong password too many times, i could connect from another pc in the same house without needs to do nothing.

That said, i agree with 3ABP, don't see why we can't play one strat battle with an archer, and the next with an xbowman. It's not that we will help our factions with extra troops or gold, we are just talking about battles.
I think you should allow all chars to do strat battles without any need of buying a second cd-key, or at least add a free respec (like every month or so you can do it without losing half xp).
There will be still a main, so the second chars will not be able to sign for IA fiefs (the only possible exploit i can think of)

If you think that's not an issue and we can just do the respec and loose half of the xp when we want to change classes: I'm level 32, i have 27,874,839 xp and it took almost all summer to go from level 31 to level 32 and half. 
I'll never respec, i don't want to lose 15 milions xp just to play 1 strat battle with a different char, and have to do all the grind from 31 to 32 again.
Let us have fun with trying different classes every strat battles, as long as we don't flood strategus map with alts
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:54:22 pm by Sharky »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »
Or have in the roster something like: "Player2 (Alt of Player1)"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2011, 06:39:32 pm »
Limit the number of mercenaries in a battle to 10, so a clan with 10 people and 50 accounts will not take advantage of this.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:40:55 pm by Karmazyn »
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2011, 07:01:59 pm »
you dont have to ban the entire clans that are abusing this mechanic... though it is very disturbing that you are indicating that there are ENTIRE clans which abuse this... but throw out some bans to the biggest abusers and if they decide they are ready to start playing legit like the rest of us, they can make unban requests, write essays, and rejoin the community. and if banning the worst offenders as an example doesnt scare off any of the others... then keep on banning until people get the message.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2011, 07:12:36 pm »
you dont have to ban the entire clans that are abusing this mechanic... though it is very disturbing that you are indicating that there are ENTIRE clans which abuse this... but throw out some bans to the biggest abusers and if they decide they are ready to start playing legit like the rest of us, they can make unban requests, write essays, and rejoin the community. and if banning the worst offenders as an example doesnt scare off any of the others... then keep on banning until people get the message.
Agreed. But take the REALLY obious abuser first. There could be more like 3ABP who just wants to be able to use another build or something, so instead start with the ones (who I really hope DOESN'T exist) guys with 3 or 4 or even more dudes on strat.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2011, 08:58:32 pm »
Account sharing and multiple cd-keys is a plauge in this strat, i really witnessed lots of situations where was ovious (like 20 people moving as one, or chars with similar names, or people that it's oviously not online and it's just moved by someone else).

I hope you devs will put an end on this soon, but i have doubts you'll manage to stop completely. People are using proxies or just connecting from another house (like 1 char at home 1 at office, or 1 char on pc 1 char on laptop).
I have a private network and when you banned my ip because i put wrong password too many times, i could connect from another pc in the same house without needs to do nothing.

That said, i agree with 3ABP, don't see why we can't play one strat battle with an archer, and the next with an xbowman. It's not that we will help our factions with extra troops or gold, we are just talking about battles.
I think you should allow all chars to do strat battles without any need of buying a second cd-key, or at least add a free respec (like every month or so you can do it without losing half xp).
There will be still a main, so the second chars will not be able to sign for IA fiefs (the only possible exploit i can think of)

If you think that's not an issue and we can just do the respec and loose half of the xp when we want to change classes: I'm level 32, i have 27,874,839 xp and it took almost all summer to go from level 31 to level 32 and half. 
I'll never respec, i don't want to lose 15 milions xp just to play 1 strat battle with a different char, and have to do all the grind from 31 to 32 again.
Let us have fun with trying different classes every strat battles, as long as we don't flood strategus map with alts

20 people moving at one time suggests to you account sharing?  :lol: That's just organisation. I know when GK moved South from Ada to Bardaq we had to go and individually speak to everyone. Took a lot of effort, but it made it look pretty awesome seeing our hoard shifting down all at once, to the point where Acre immediately sent their diplomat over to speak to us when we entered the desert  :lol:

But yes there will always be ways around it. But to be honest, if people go to such an effort to do it then the rest of us should just be satisfied that they are sad enough to do so. Who cares if they get some small advantage, I personally wouldn't care because I would know we are doing things properly and that it's not worth the effort for that advantage.

I'd be a fan of being able to play alts in strat. Not have them contribute anything, but being able to play them. The amount of times I've joined a siege with my HA (PD 5) only to find out the AI has only bought Longbows so I have to use an Arbalest, makes me wish I could use my dedicated archer  :|
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:01:40 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2011, 11:29:07 pm »
20 people moving at one time suggests to you account sharing?  :lol: That's just organisation. I know when GK moved South from Ada to Bardaq we had to go and individually speak to everyone. Took a lot of effort, but it made it look pretty awesome seeing our hoard shifting down all at once, to the point where Acre immediately sent their diplomat over to speak to us when we entered the desert  :lol:
I play this game as a clan leader since the first day of last strat, i think i'm able to guess where someone is using account sharing.  Ofc i can't have proofs but still sometimes it's just ovious. And sometimes other clans, even enemies or neutrals, just said it openly to me, so  :lol:.

I didn't mean that moving 20 ppl togheter is certanly account sharing, it's much more likely second strat chars are used as simple farmers or tagless scouts. But i also witnessed ppl using them especially in defensive wars.
To put in short words, if everything is too perfect and for a too long amount of time (especially if the clan is not at war)they are probably using account sharing.
Also you can see hordes of people with lame names (or with name similar between each other like Ronald and Son_Of_Roland) that you never spot actually playing the game doing perfectly coordinated moves.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:49:54 pm by Sharky »

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2011, 01:18:39 pm »
am i getting something wrong?
isn't strat browser based?
and i say my mates "these are my username and pass, on monday attack that village, on tuesday transfer my troops to xy and on saturday make me collect troops in village while i enjoy RL".

i'll try to make my point on another way

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2011, 02:18:18 pm »
+1
A vacation mode would be nice.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2011, 02:38:58 pm »
+1
A vacation mode would be nice.
+1

25 % of normal income /gold /troops or something. for max 3 weeks. I think its needed.
We had several of our guys going on vacation and unable to get there assets. Hustle with checking if they have gold to support there troops.
Micro management really.. and it is booring...

Offline Balder

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2011, 09:28:18 pm »
what about multi accounts for (just) the servers, i mean one for strat and two or more keysfor grinding and heirlooms (time is time no matter what char you play).

Offline Trael

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Artle
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2011, 01:24:14 pm »
Oh just starting to wait when we get our little group banned from strategus, becouse we each separately end up borrowing friends computer to give some move orders for our char, while in squad meeting waiting for food to get ready. :)

Well i guess they really have some sane method of looking at it... so most likely no worries..

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2011, 02:43:56 pm »
How can you know if someone is acc sharing? With let's say...your brother/family?

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2011, 02:49:52 pm »
+2

I'm not sure that's enough, because the fault lies not only with the people collecting other peoples' accounts to use, but also with the players who surrender their login info to clan leaders. They're all cheating.
Don't.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2011, 11:12:10 am »
i guess that if sbdy knows about "a problem" while he knows the solution to it and he still doesn't apply it than its because the problem is unimportant for him or because it is not a problem for him at all :o)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:14:09 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!