Remove ladders from battle?

Yes!
106 (58.6%)
No!
51 (28.2%)
I like the view
24 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Author Topic: Remove ladders from battle  (Read 7991 times)

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
Re: Remove ladders from battle
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2011, 11:03:35 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
That's just epic, I love how you didn't fill the o's with the bucket.

Oh, also, I'm still convinced that ladders should be removed, but archery should have their nemesis nerfed, cav. I can't look at the scoreboard without seeing 8 cav players in the top ten, its just too easy to get kills.

First, thanks, that really made me happy XD. Imo cavs are ok in terms of dmg (and they got angle nerfed so they need skill for getting kills(aim), BUT hitboxes are really fucked up), the problem is the horse itself. Just look at the arabian rocket, it's hilarious seriously. It reaches 300km/h in a milisecond, wtf, and it can do instant 90° turns. Armored horses have too much body armor. So I think, remove ladders, then rebalance horses, make the unarmored horses  slower(we need only speed and manuveur nerf), give them a small hp increase also make them a little cheaper. Armored horses should be a little cheaper too, but with less body armor because they are already slow. Then I think, the ranged dudes would be able to take them down without getting arabianrocketraped in 5 seconds after round start.

Edit: Also, when teamwork exists, there are always some dudes with long spear who watches over cavs.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:06:13 pm by Momo »
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2011, 01:44:54 am »
fast every 2h and 1h+shield can take ladder with him, and then come for roofmonkeys, they all just greedy and dont spend money on it))
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2011, 03:33:04 am »
Only reply #9 seemed reasonable, everything else just seems to be the usual "no u" arguements that everu alance discussion devolves into.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2011, 07:49:04 am »
(click to show/hide)
That's just epic, I love how you didn't fill the o's with the bucket.

Oh, also, I'm still convinced that ladders should be removed, but archery should have their nemesis nerfed, cav. I can't look at the scoreboard without seeing 8 cav players in the top ten, its just too easy to get kills.
cav isn't really that good, cav just looks very good because we can kill all the peasents with our class. we don't help our team shit by killing peasents, do we? it just makes us look good. if all the archers would be able to kill the peasents and noobs in a round, than everyone would ssay they're OP. but that doesn't mean they are.

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2011, 09:46:15 am »
I hate the ladders as far as I love them.

But it's the most effective tool to balance the teams, a map, even more than autobalance+banner balance.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2011, 12:27:52 pm »
Only reply #9 seemed reasonable, everything else just seems to be the usual "no u" arguements that everu alance discussion devolves into.
Did you just talk about yourself as the most reasonable here? Reply #9 isnt that reasonable.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2011, 01:52:38 pm »
+1
fast every 2h and 1h+shield can take ladder with him, and then come for roofmonkeys, they all just greedy and dont spend money on it))

BS, if an inf buys a ladder, then tries to go up to the ranged bundle of stickss, they just destroy the ladder + spam over 9000 arrows/bolts/throwing shit, and the inf is dead. So he can put his ladder up into his ass.

I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2011, 01:55:09 pm »
+1
Kewl mspaint skillz there mate.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2011, 02:12:00 pm »
then just update maps with more static ladders and make more ranged spots, because now this new blank maps have nothing , just houses without inside or ladders, and maybe some towers.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2011, 03:54:55 pm »
This has probably been suggested before, but would it be possible to make ladders so that instead of destroying they just get knocked down, so they could be raised again? Knocked down ladders couldn't be moved, only re-raised to original position. This would keep roof campers reachable. Also, knocked down ladders shouldn't be obstacles as they would be indestructible (during a round).

I like this suggestion, although coding could be hard.

The only alternative is ToD's suggestion of reworking all maps to make everywhere accessible.

EDIT: Another alternative.  Remove all Ladders from the game for individual characters and refund people their gold.  Then on every map place a ladder spawn site at each team's starting position (just like the construction material thingy in Strat Sieges) and possibly at other locations.  That way, whenever someone wants a ladder they just get one from the ladder spawn site (dropping their equip if neccessary).  Once placed they can then go back and pick up their dropped equipment whilst if that Ladder then gets destroyed you just get a new one.  I do think a medium Ladder HP buff might be needed as well though.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:03:56 pm by Tomas »

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2011, 04:08:13 pm »
edit: mistaken post

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2011, 04:12:06 pm »
This poll not fair. Only archers or strategist commanders check "no" option. Archers are really bad on ground all know this. Last man roof camping already banned in rules. (Some 2 handers cant kill other 2 handers and want easy kill. )

WHY DONT play "no ranged" servers ? Learn game pls, cant win game with nerfs, its only persuade urself.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2011, 04:37:08 pm »
+1
This poll not fair. Only archers or strategist commanders check "no" option. Archers are really bad on ground all know this. Last man roof camping already banned in rules. (Some 2 handers cant kill other 2 handers and want easy kill. )

WHY DONT play "no ranged" servers ? Learn game pls, cant win game with nerfs, its only persuade urself.
no ranged servers aren't fun to play in, ranged belongs in the game, but not on roofs, that's just what we are trying to say, if ladders get deleted, than there will be a new patch anyway, which means there is an oppertunity to buff archers. don't worry, if ladders will be removed, there will still be balance.

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2011, 04:52:24 pm »
no ranged servers aren't fun to play in, ranged belongs in the game, but not on roofs, that's just what we are trying to say, if ladders get deleted, than there will be a new patch anyway, which means there is an oppertunity to buff archers. don't worry, if ladders will be removed, there will still be balance.

When im ground and any cavalary come for kill, always can kill me. Ground archer vs cavalary impossible for archers. U turn and hit, turn and hit... What can rus bow users do ? They are use only "Hammer"... How can kill you with shitty hammer ? Every one know archers are already dead on ground. Best archers max score average 20-5 but best cavs average score 40-5 and i see LEED can take 50-60 kill him best rounds. I see 50-0 cav but dont see archer.

I know why want this, every one boring shotting games and hate archers in this game. My suggestion is "no ranged" server.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2011, 05:01:52 pm »
+1
When im ground and any cavalary come for kill, always can kill me. Ground archer vs cavalary impossible for archers. U turn and hit, turn and hit... What can rus bow users do ? They are use only "Hammer"... How can kill you with shitty hammer ? Every one know archers are already dead on ground. Best archers max score average 20-5 but best cavs average score 40-5 and i see LEED can take 50-60 kill him best rounds. I see 50-0 cav but dont see archer.

I know why want this, every one boring shotting games and hate archers in this game. My suggestion is "no ranged" server.

Headshot the god damn horse.

If you can't pull that off, don't play an archer. I can't, so I don't do it either.

Scores mean nothing. Yeah, cavalry can take out most of the fodder, but those are mostly the players who are just.. there.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!