Author Topic: Re: horse stealing  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: horse stealing
« on: August 20, 2011, 01:00:48 am »
Quote from: Sphincter
What are you gonna do with your horse then ? Why you spawn with a horse ? Gate is not open , you gonna leech and do nothing until someone open the gate ? He took your horse once, not many times ... and it was right at the beginning of the round. Stop being such a crying baby, it's a game , remember ?

Ban request denied

*Locked*

I'd appreciate you not closing topics that are not done.  Its clear you do not have an open mind on the subject.  You dont play cav so I guess I cant expect you to know that a cav on siege with their own ladder to get over walls and mess with defenders (open gates, kill unaware archers, distract defenders away from important chokepoints, etc).  Ask NH, DL, gK how powerful cav can be on siege.  I love the confused and scared look of defenders that do not expect cav inside the castle BEFORE infantry.

Instead of writing off reports of griefing as 'cry baby' (that clearly violate written rules), maybe instead you could have said there is insufficient evidence instead of making excuses for douchebags.

And did I ever ask for a ban? NO, again jumping to conclusions instead of discussion.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: Re: horse stealing
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 01:04:04 am »
And did I ever ask for a ban? NO, again jumping to conclusions instead of discussion.
Quote from: Digglez
I'd like action take against Hospitaler Blazeknight for Horse stealing & tw'ing.
Sounds like a ban request to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Re: horse stealing
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 01:20:38 am »
Sounds like a ban request to me.

yep, because action must mean ban, every single time!  Maybe update written rules, issue warning, etc.

Just like when kids get kidnapped or killed, they get a law named after them.

Diggles Law
If you see someone dismount from their horse, this does not mean you can take it away from them instantly.  Watch them for 5 seconds before you become a horse thief.  Take time to ask them them in chat or if they ask for it back swiftly, do the right thing and dont ride off with it like a douchebag.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 01:27:45 am »
Horse thieves!? Get your ropes.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 02:00:06 am »
I agree with Digglez here. The only thing more annoying than those DAMNED horse thieves are those teammates who kill it the SECOND your off.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 02:21:59 am »
Its annoying but its not explicitly against the rules.  If you complain to an admin he can issue a warning under the common sense/trolling clause and if it keeps happening intentionally the guy will be kicked.  In this case it just happened once.  You did get off the horse and he didn't teamwound you or your horse.  The screen shot was only him getting on the horse which proves nothing.  Either way there's nothing we can do at this point, which is why the thread was locked.  Best thing to do next time is hope an admin is on and ask for the guy to be watched if he's just following you around stealing your horse.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 02:28:12 am »
Don't go down of your horse?

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 03:00:00 am »
Its annoying but its not explicitly against the rules.  If you complain to an admin he can issue a warning under the common sense/trolling clause and if it keeps happening intentionally the guy will be kicked.  In this case it just happened once.  You did get off the horse and he didn't teamwound you or your horse.  The screen shot was only him getting on the horse which proves nothing.  Either way there's nothing we can do at this point, which is why the thread was locked.  Best thing to do next time is hope an admin is on and ask for the guy to be watched if he's just following you around stealing your horse.

yes he tw'ed the horse twice intentionally, like I said in the post.  You can see the longsword coming thru the horse. (Ya its not that great)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 03:15:37 pm »
The moment an ally gets off of a horse, that equid beast is my mortal enemy. I am compelled with great fervor to end it, quite irrationally; I am powerless to save myself from this affliction, and throw Malaclypse at the mercy of the community.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 03:49:12 pm »
Here's a thought, why not use teamwork to accomplish your objectives, instead of getting off your horse. Beyond that horses wander, if your teammate hadn't grabbed it, it would have wandered towards people who would think "Why is a horse here" and slaughtered it, or towards a clever flanking enemy who would then proceed to have a field day. At least a teammate is using it for the common good.

I don't drop my weapons then complain when people pick them up. Your horse is a part of your equipment, getting off it and walking away is the same as dropping a desirable sword on the ground and walking away.

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 05:01:46 pm »
If you don't want people to have to get off their horses, then make ladders throw-able from horseback. Otherwise, don't give Diggles this teamwork shit or the stay on your horse shit. Diggles is cav. He's also one of the best ladder placers I know. You can't ask him to lose his horse every time he wants to help his team.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 05:14:31 pm »
If you don't want people to have to get off their horses, then make ladders throw-able from horseback. Otherwise, don't give Diggles this teamwork shit or the stay on your horse shit. Diggles is cav. He's also one of the best ladder placers I know. You can't ask him to lose his horse every time he wants to help his team.

Kind of like some people are great shielders/crossbowmen/pikemen and yet they can't do everything they want at once either? Yeah it's "shit" saying that if you want to be cav you can't do certain actions that infantry handle, what a shocker.

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 05:18:25 pm »
What's the difference between carrying a bigass ladder and throwing one?