Author Topic: TK PENTALY  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: TK PENTALY
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 11:20:14 pm »
Code: [Select]
[quote author=Tornkik link=topic=1362.msg217813#msg217813 date=1315516726]
     [size=1pt].[/size]
[/quote]

The point of that?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 11:22:34 pm »
Miss post, ignore it.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 11:46:30 pm »
I think 90% of TK are accidental, so it makes no sense at all to punish people harshly for mistakes.  Leave well enough alone, instead concentrate on fixing many of the glitches that are in the game.  My personal favorite is the door glitch, lets start with that one.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 12:32:42 am »
I like leshma's idea, autokick for any tk, would be weird maybe but it's probably playable, we should try, it would be fun!
I would get kicked like 20 times a day!!! But I like the idea of forcing you to be carefull without ruining the actual gameplay, plus it will completely solve the admin problem. LET'S DO THIS

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 12:34:52 am »
And it will make room for new players when serv is full.
Could be cool if admins could turn it into tk=autokill instead of kick, when it's late and it hurts to reconnect...

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 09:58:56 am »
no TK penalty!

mind the dev's idea: lose a miltiplicator if you teamkill. this forces archers, cav and infantry to watch their bumps, fire and swings...
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 10:18:24 am »
I have a excelent but very harsh suggestion how to fix TK issue. It's very simple, it's autokick from server when you TK, intentionally or unintentionally.

I TK sometimes as everyone else, unintentionally of course. I wouldn't mind being kicked from time to time cause I in fact made mistake.

It isn't abusable and will force people to think before they hit, therefore forcing them to play more as a team, less hunting kills and playing only for better k:d.
Doubt that. Say you're on a nice x5 and the trolls wake up.
I support the idea of a money fee you'd have to pay per TK (~500g), or the x1 multiplicator loss (make it fall to x0 when you're on x1). If you're collection TKs that hurts enough and accidental mistakes aren't punished too harsh.
määääääääääh!

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 01:20:15 pm »
No tk penalty on the grounds of end of round release. A lot of unintentional tks come from a dumb game mechanic.

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 01:26:10 pm »
I'd like a "forgive"-feature. If you TK someone the other guy has to press a key to forgive/not forgive the TK. If there are enough people who don't forgive the TKer would be auto-kicked.
This, of course, only works if the guy TKs at least two other guys in a round - getting kicked after you accidentally killed a teammate who's gone mad because of it wouldn't be fun.

Alternatively you could autoban people if there were let's say 7 unforgiven TKs at the end of a map or when the guy leaves.

Dunno if this would be possible to implement, but I'd like that most.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 02:19:18 pm »
nah fuck this.  too often its the killed guys fault.  just apologize and forgive and all is good.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 03:35:27 pm »
i'm tempted to argue for a 'forgive-system':

a teamkilled player automatically 'forgives' the teamkiller, unless he presses some button (like M) after death. if he does, the teamkiller loses 1 multiplier

or something along those lines

however, that's not at all gonna help against trolling spawn teamkillers and with all the rage going around in an average game of cRPG, i doubt the system would be used fairly.
also, using this system, you can easily jump in front of someone's swing / arrow / bolt and grief them with the 'forgive-system' by not 'forgiving' them...

so after thinking about it a bit i'm thinking it's probably not worth it... best to stick with having lots of admins and letting them hand out punishments

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 05:02:18 pm »
so after thinking about it a bit i'm thinking it's probably not worth it... best to stick with having lots of admins and letting them hand out punishments

This. The "laws" are pretty much written as well as they can be for now, and the cRPG Police exist for a reason.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2011, 12:10:53 am »
+1
Yeah. Any systems put in place would punish the wrong people and be abused. While everyone wants a way to discourage intentional TKers and careless and wild 2hand/pole spam that causes a lot of annyoing TKs, it would be the nail in the coffin for archers and throwers. Missle speed is so slow that team mates run into the path of your projectiles before they can make it to your target. Starting to wonder what the point of being ranged is in the first place with all these changes being made, forcing everyone to get into melee, bows or not.

Taking away our multi every time some idiot on a horse charges infront of a bank of archers, or some dude with a bec gets hit while jumping and spinning in circles around my target? Having a hard enough time affording ammo upkeep already.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 12:14:38 am »
+1
NO Tk penalty.  Yes it's annoying..very annoying sometimes...but its not that bad.