Author Topic: 2h Animations for sideswings and overheads, polearm animations for thrusting on  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
so you say polearms were designed for stunlock? be serious... it's a game. so gameplay>realism. or we should look how weird is a 123cm steel german greatsword with a weaker thrust than a 1handed sword? cmon.

Well I think it's better for gameplay that 2h don't 1 hit kill an armoured horse to the head...wait what are we arguing about here?

The espada is a thrusting sword...2h aren't thrusting swords, they are cutting swords, actually more like blunt in terms of damage against armour, especially the top tier 2h. The espada has pretty poor cut damage but high thrust to compensate. The 2h are the other way around. If the espada was op on thrust it would have the same amount of thrust as that 2h has cut.

So yeah I think that's fair from a balance pov and realism pov.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:52:50 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
Butthurt rage

Whine whine whine

Useless comparison

If you don't plan on commenting on the suggestion I made and instead feel like whining about not being able to kill everything in 1 hit from your mighty great sword while being immune from every hit from others, go create your own thread.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Ok, seriously now. Does anyone feel that the German Greatsword is weaker than the (oh so popular) Espada Eslavona?

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
Ok, seriously now. Does anyone feel that the German Greatsword is weaker than the (oh so popular) Espada Eslavona?

Yes, it's OP.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile

Oh so popular? I hardly see anyone using that thing. Most people don't like a thrusting sword it seems.

But if anyone reckons German Greatsword is weaker...well that's just trolling.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 479
  • Infamy: 1632
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile

Regardless of subject we're discussing here (mostly whine from crappy cavs, I bet Leed or Kerrigan don't give a damn about greatswords) you seriously need to do something about cavalry. Even a average player on horse can dominate on almost every map and that is not right. Maybe it's time to slow down horses significantly, what do you think about that? Also why for the love of god you increased bump damage?

2H vs 1H vs Polearms right now is pretty much balanced, we have much more serious balance issues. Archers are slightly overnerfed, HAs are just slightly annoying, nothing more. I wear 20 armor on average and it took Belmont 4 arrows to get me to 20% HP...

And no, I won't make a new thread cause this is one of few threads where you actually posted.

You've balanced infantry very well and I don't really see a point of this discussion but other classes are totally unbalanced. Couched lance is favorite way of killing for most cavs since most of them are noobs. It's like sniper on horse pre upkeep patch when I would ride close to enemy spawn, shoot in crowd and get a guaranteed free kill EVERY TIME. Couched lancing is the same deal these days, some noob who can't hit anything with heavy lance is killing skilled people on spawn just because they are part of the crowd and can't maneuver.

Please balance cavs and don't listen to their whining. Cavs who whine suck, those who don't suck hate the 40 percent angle for lance because it's very limiting and makes playing cav a lot more boring. Remove bumping, give lancers their freedom back and make it like it's in native. Yes you're smart but don't think you're much smarted than Warband devs. Native is really balanced compared to what we have now in c-rpg, thanks to you guys focusing only on balancing infantry classes...

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
cRPG devs are much smarted than Warband devs.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2748
  • Infamy: 1723
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Dunno 'bout that but they sure do troll a lot more :D

Edit: Also, I'm not whining. I'm perfectly satisfied with my build, armor and basically everything atm. Personally, I don't even care about OP cav. Never had this much fun in c-rpg as I'm having right now, even if I'm using possibly the weakest armor than any 2H warrior on the battlefield.

But for the sake of the others, I must say that something is wrong and should be fixed :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:57:07 pm by Leshma »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
(click to show/hide)

Have you watched Leed and Kerrigan? They don't give a crap for several reasons:
1. They rarely engage 2h from the front. Leed and Kerri are very very good at picking exactly where and when to strike to get the kill. That's why they get so many.
2. They are very very quick lancers on very quick horses. So even head on against a 2h, kerri and leed will have hit you before you would have even move your mouse for the lolstab. But then they've got everything heirloomed and are dedicated in their class.

Horses are fine. The only players that consistantly dominate are the ones you named above, or Torben, Jaboh, Chagan and a couple of others. All people who are dedicated cav and play it day in day out. So they will be good even if you slow a horse down. All other players tend to stay in the mid-range scores...where they should be.

Cavs who whine suck?  :lol: The same could be said about infantry...

Native is balanced? Native cav is awful and very OP lol. It's one of the reasons I came to crpg because it's a lot more balanced here.

If you can't jump out the way of a couched lance, then you're just plain retarded and it's your own fault. I know when I get couched, it's because I was to slow and my reactions were at fault...not because the cav is OP. Couching into a group is easy...but nothing you will do can change that short of entirely removing the couching ability and you very likely to get piked ect if you couch into a group. Couching into a mixed group is also risky because you're just as likely to couch a friendly.

Fact is, if you can take a cav out with most weapons, then you aren't very good. Because most average cav are easy to kill. The ones I named above + a few others would be good regardless of what you did to horses. Plus most of them know how to handle themselves as inf, so even if you made them do that, they would still own you.

Cav is fine. Now let's get this thread back on track.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:02:58 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 378
  • Infamy: 1247
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
You're obviously not playing much these days. From your clan only Kerrigan dominates and Leed 90% of time is first when he is playing. Guys you mentioned are not.

I just don't like the fact that people who play cav dominate clearly more skilled infantry players. I can kill both Leed and Kerrigan but there are many I can't kill. And I'm your average player, mostly nub.

Horse is a huge ADVANTAGE. Maganda can't kill shit without horse, all he does is couching poor peasants who don't know that cav can get behind them...

All in all, your clannies dominate but there is no way that you are anything special in this mod. Horses is what give you the unfair advantage.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:05:59 pm by Leshma »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
You're obviously not playing much these days. From your clan only Kerrigan dominates and Leed is 90% of time is first when he is playing. Guys you mentioned are not.

I just don't like the fact that people who play cav dominate clearly more skilled infantry players. I can kill both Leed and Kerrigan but there are many I can't kill. And I'm your average player, mostly nub.

Horse is a huge ADVANTAGE. Maganda can't kill shit without horse, all he does is couching poor peasants who don't know that cav can get behind them...

All in all, your clannies dominate but there is no way that you are anything special in this mod.

Well Kerrigan is one of the few dedicated lancers...so that make sense  :lol: But then Lanicor, Chagan and Jahboh would equally rip you to pieces and be in the top 5 of the server a lot of the time even on foot. Hell chagan can rip a lot of people to pieces with a heavy lance on foot. Most of those who top the servers as cav get a lot of kills on foot. Have you ever seen kerri downed in the midst of enemies? Lanicor plays with a inf build a lot as well so knows what he's doing.

Haha they don't. They can backstab more skilled inf players. But 1vs1 an average cav will lose to a skilled inf. Likewise the other way around. How it should be.

Maganda can hold his own on a horse against good infantry. But if cav didn't kill poor peasants, then they would be a target for archers, 2h ect. Peasants are there to be killed easily. It's one of the downsides of being a peasant and you just have to grind it. It just so happens that cav can get there first. But to be the best you have to have a ridiculous amount of awareness seeing as so much can kill you on a horse. Something I've never been able to get right. But you have to avoid obstacles (harder than you'd think), avoid pikes, stay away from most polearms, be careful of ranged and 2h. All whilst moving fast on a horse and fighting people.

It's not that much of an advantage.

I just wonder how long it'll take for archers to realise that if they shoot down a horse, most cav are fucked however. Ranged never seems to like shooting us even though it's easy to do so.#

This thread really needs to go back on track though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:14:57 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
babbling stuff...

i did. but i also noted that there are other game balance priorities than crying about how 2h stab animation is "zomfg OP".

and yes.. as you see i feed the trolls.

that was just an example... but i get you math geniuses fail a little about examples as you shine with numbers.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
blah blah, didn't read the OP.

Never said anywhere 2h thrusts are OP. The suggestion was made to define the classes better.

Polearms stronger at poking, 2h better when swinging (generally).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
OH WOW YOU FIGURED OUT ALL THE PROBLEMS. NO ONE KNEW THE SOLUTION TO BALANCING CRPG WAS SO EASY.
I like how you contribute. Someone remove and warn for spam?

Also, I take away the "Ignore Lesham" comment, he's actually contributed a lot to this discussion. Kudos.

About horses: I say they SHOULD be generally easier/better/OP than the rest of the classes by the simple fact that they are much more expensive. Then again,  I think about balancing with thought of Strategus and not cRPG so take that whatever way you want.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Never said anywhere 2h thrusts are OP. The suggestion was made to define the classes better.

Polearms stronger at poking, 2h better when swinging (generally). polearms stronger at everything but blockcrush, 2h better for duel server.

fixed

edit:

2h stab is fine. period. after zillion nerfs (morningstar, barmace, stab damage, weapon speed, new thrust) it's time to say "basta".

by now, Xbows&Polearms: Warband cRPG mod is... this. 30% xbow, 30% polearms, 15% 1h 15% 2h and the rest is archers/throwers.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:49:18 pm by Corrado_Decimo »