Author Topic: Smokebomb - A new ninja weapon please  (Read 5014 times)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: Smokebomb - A new ninja weapon please
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 08:37:21 pm »
Sure, let's implement a bunch of gimmicky bullshit. How about giving battle ale to vikings, makes them go berserk, increases agility and strength but takes off like half health. Then you'll have tincans using smokebomb, then ale, because obviously so-called rp equipment will be used by everyone and their mother anyways. What makes you think only"ninjas" would use this?

If the vikings get this ALE It should turn off banners on friendlies so you have no idea who is enemy or ally.
I know you're not serious lol :P

& to everyone wanting smokebombs, just use the firebomb, it does basically what you want a smokebomb to do. Puffs out some smoke and distracts people for half a second before they're like "okay then, back to clicking the left mouse button as fast as possible and holding the W key down"

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 08:38:53 pm »
My point was less about lag and more that these wouldn't affect half the game's users: those who already have the option turned off, and those who aren't using them and thus turn the option off.

Offline Jago

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jago
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 09:06:58 pm »
I don't understand why begging the question is the most popular logical fallacy on the internet, but it is annoying.

The state that the smokebomb is useless because people just turn off particle effects.  Then moving on to the conclusion that because the smokebomb is useless, no point in having it. You did not prove your point but used it to help strengthen your argument.

The point that it is overpowered is another begging the question fallacy.

The argument that it would lag peoples computers is simply a hasty generalization. What sample size are you using? You and your yes men on teamspeak? Look at the average gaming computer, it can easily run simple particle effects.

The viking ale point is an example of a strawman argument. "Because this obviously overpowered viking item shouldnt be implimented, the ninja item that is not over powered should not be implimented either." Obviously items implimented for roleplaying would make this a better Computer Roleplaying Game, as long as they are balanced.

Personally i think all this propaganda against a balanced smokebomb have been generated by the elite, anti-ninja media.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:01:45 pm by Jago »

Offline Vrael

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Vrael
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 09:53:39 pm »
I like your suggestions, Jago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jago

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 09:17:41 pm »
Thank you Vrael.

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 09:37:15 pm »
Smoke entities should be no more than 5 "puff-like" clouds, if you'd care to create the entity's model yourself. I like the high price and low duration, but PT should not be required. Also the quantity should be one.

On a side note it'd be difficult and outright stupid to hardcode the smoke bombs to only be used with Lamellar- armor. Why can't plated people use smoke bombs, eh? This is mount and BLADE, not mount and NINJA.
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 09:38:22 pm »
The state that the smokebomb is useless because people just turn off particle effects.  Then moving on to the conclusion that because the smokebomb is useless, no point in having it. You did not prove your point but used it to help strengthen your argument.

If "it would be useless" isn't a good reason not to add things, then I really don't know what is.

Offline Jago

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 11:20:18 pm »
If "it would be useless" isn't a good reason not to add things, then I really don't know what is.

You missed the point. It has not been proven that a smokebomb would be useless. It was merely stated that it was useless because of a hasty generalization. Pure propaganda.

Also, there are lots of useless items that are in cRPG, dresses, head clothes, peasant weapons. The smokebomb is about aesthetics mostly.

Offline Jago

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 11:21:37 pm »
Smoke entities should be no more than 5 "puff-like" clouds, if you'd care to create the entity's model yourself. I like the high price and low duration, but PT should not be required. Also the quantity should be one.

On a side note it'd be difficult and outright stupid to hardcode the smoke bombs to only be used with Lamellar- armor. Why can't plated people use smoke bombs, eh? This is mount and BLADE, not mount and NINJA.

The point is to limit the amount of people that would use it so that it is not a commonly used item.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2011, 01:07:06 am »
hehe.. nice idea Jago.

Don't think it should be restricted to Ninjas though. And it seems that mm mod has made it work without lags.

Sure, let's implement a bunch of gimmicky bullshit. How about giving battle ale to vikings, makes them go berserk, increases agility and strength but takes off like half health. Then you'll have tincans using smokebomb, then ale, because obviously so-called rp equipment will be used by everyone and their mother anyways. What makes you think only"ninjas" would use this?

Mushroom that boosts your performance and removes friend/foe tags? As well as screw up your screen? Great idea if you ask me!

On another more serious note. I think smoke bombs should be tested. If it doesn't work, or becomes abused, or lowers performance too much; simply remove it. Warriors in all times, even today sometimes kicked up sand to the enemies face. (I've read my comix) Smoke as cover has been used for hundreds of years. (Setting fire to fields etc..) Now and they say that Ninjas actually used such weapons.. But I dunno. I think it would simply introduce an interesting and new tactical element. I think it would be awesome to see cav setting up a smoke screen to charge through! Or to confuse enemies mid-combat with a smoke bomb.. :-D

Historical accuracy was thrown out the window a long time ago anyway. cRPG to me is simply a kind of Valhalla, for warriors of all kinds through history.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 01:47:07 am »
In MM mod even a single musket smoke can obscure your vision and I didn't saw any performance issues when 150+ played and used muskets extensively.
Even if it can be switched off in settings it's still funny feature, why not add it.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011, 02:05:01 am »
Just no.
Turtles

Offline Jago

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 06:30:30 pm »
Ok, some guy Casimar doesn't like it, lets call the whole thing off now.

Offline AdNecrias

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Enuma Elish, Thar the Unready
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2011, 06:52:44 pm »
Ok, some guy Casimar doesn't like it, lets call the whole thing off now.

What, after THE Casimir said no you're going on? Brave but foolish, ninja. He who fights the greater power shall not have a pleasant end.

Offline Aylgifia_bouli

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: pecores
  • Game nicks: ALL THE BOULIs AND BOULAs
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 12:52:44 pm »
+1 braeden ,
the idea of smoke is good , but once you've removed "particle systems" , it's as if you guys were throwing harmless stones
boulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouliboulibouli