Author Topic: A tought from you on Xbows  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
Re: A tought from you on Xbows
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 05:47:55 pm »
Let me guess. You are an xbower?

Let me guess, you didn't have a rational counterpoint so you resorted to the lowest common denominator to try to refute my argument?

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 06:02:19 pm »
+1
Maybe xbow needs to use more WPF to be as accurate as it is now with 120?

Just scale the curve of the skill instead, so that after say 180 wpf there is little to gain as far as accuracy is concerned.

That way dedicated xbowmen will be the only ones who are very accurate with their weapon and others not so much.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 06:07:34 pm »
+1
crossbows will ruin crpg, its a noskill no commit cowardweapon.
Soon you will see all meleefighters with one of these on their back. 1slot crossbow + bolts.
It is simpler,more accurate,hits harder and faster than any archer or thrower.
And you still have plenty of points to other skills like PS, meleeWPF , shield.

Like the medieval pope I would like to BAN the crossbow.

This is why we can't have nice things.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 06:57:43 pm »
+1
Let me guess, you didn't have a rational counterpoint so you resorted to the lowest common denominator to try to refute my argument?

ok, you didnt answer the question, rather you attempted a smart pun, so i guess Yes you are.

the class is not balanced because of the lack of "requirement" of some sort either wpf or PD or something similar.
the problems are as i stated: minute long steady crosshair, no requirement and use of it with 0 wpf. sry but strenght alone cant be a single requirement for using an xbow.

so yeah i dont think the class is balanced, beacuse you get "free" points to spend in IF, PS etc. insted of using it in a xbow skill that doesnt exist at the time.

this is the only class that doenst have a requirement and it deals too much damage not to have one.

Soon you will see all meleefighters with one of these on their back. 1slot crossbow + bolts.

what do you mean soon, its been happening for a while now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:59:10 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Armois

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Armois hates you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Armois
  • IRC nick: LLJK_Armois
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 07:04:58 pm »
Xbows are fine.  Archery is just very UP right now.  Increase arrow speeds a bit and unnerf bodkin costs and you'll see some of these xbow hybrids go back to archery.  I know for a fact that as soon as I hit 31 I'm going to do my next build as an xbow because archery just doesn't have enough umph to it anymore.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 07:18:26 pm »
+1
ok, you didnt answer the question, rather you attempted a smart pun, so i guess Yes you are.

the class is not balanced because of the lack of "requirement" of some sort either wpf or PD or something similar.
the problems are as i stated: minute long steady crosshair, no requirement and use of it with 0 wpf. sry but strenght alone cant be a single requirement for using an xbow.

so yeah i dont think the class is balanced, beacuse you get "free" points to spend in IF, PS etc. insted of using it in a xbow skill that doesnt exist at the time.

this is the only class that doenst have a requirement and it deals too much damage not to have one.

what do you mean soon, its been happening for a while now.

He didn't answer your question because it was totally irrelevant other than the fact that you tried to hint that he is biased towards crossbows because of the fact that he is one (Which is a terrible argument for the record.) The crossbows don't have something akin to a PD requirement because as it stands it is set to where only reload speed and crosshair size are effected by WPF(unlike bows and throwing). The crossbows are meant do alot of damage higher up but the reload speed is bloody horrible, even when you masterwork them, which is totally fine. You're talking about an extremely situation dependent weapon in xbows. They are great for defense and fighting from elevation but when it comes to fighting on level ground or in open fields, they suffer greatly. They are not nearly as versatile as bows and they are also greatly effected by the weather as well as have the single highest repair bill of any offensive weapon in the game right now.

I would be ok with steepening WPF requirements to make it so that only dedicated xbowmen could do well with them, but adding a PD function simply isn't needed as it stands. There is a reason why you don't see guys like Tankmen or the like running around with sidearm arbalests anymore, the new upkeep system destroys one's bank. I don't mean to sound condescending but if you're going to talk about why a certain item should or shouldn't be nerfed you ought to have the full picture so as you don't look like you're talking out of your ass.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2011, 08:52:55 pm »
Do you also thing that no expansion on the crosshair is cool?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2011, 08:59:11 pm »
+1
It's pretty cool.
Crossbows are underpowered :(
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2011, 09:01:47 pm »
It's pretty cool.
Crossbows are underpowered :(

You should increase reload time by another couple seconds for the high tier crossbows, and increase projectile speed to like 90 or somthin.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2011, 09:42:44 pm »
Considering that the reload time is so god awfully long, expanding crosshairs don't really make any sense. Again, can you imagine playing in rain as a crossbowman, having only a window of two to three seconds to get a shot off once a bolt is drawn and then STILL having to reload for a few seconds?

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2011, 09:55:21 pm »
Considering that the reload time is so god awfully long, expanding crosshairs don't really make any sense. Again, can you imagine playing in rain as a crossbowman, having only a window of two to three seconds to get a shot off once a bolt is drawn and then STILL having to reload for a few seconds?

revolutionary war style, hell yeah

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline Hotpokka

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 03:15:18 am »
I don't know about the EU and NA servers, but in Australian and Chinese servers you can't walk anywhere without being gunned down by 3+ crossbows. It is so bad on some maps that I'll just go spectator for the rest of the game.
I think the strength requirement of the higher tier crossbows should be increased so you don't see people running around with 100 WPF arbalests, 150 1h WPF and 8 athletics.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 02:09:53 pm »
Nerf the huge untouched heirloom bonus problem solved yes  :?:

Both xbows/bolts
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:13:56 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.