Author Topic: Defiance (DFC) attacks Among the Shadows (ATS)  (Read 12528 times)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: dolphin fan club
  • Game nicks: Gumdrawp_dfc
Re: Defiance (DFC) attacks Among the Shadows (ATS)
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2011, 04:40:36 pm »
Were those heavy lances?  :lol:

yes, almost all of our cav bugged and didnt spawn with horses. but its ok, apparently its not a bug and everyone that plays this mod that isnt chadz has the intelligence of a child with downs syndrome.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2011, 08:10:18 pm »
Why does the video show me killing 8 people?

4 was the most kills, I was 4-0 along with at least a half dozen others :P

mr boon you had 5 war horses and 2 saddle horses on your side circling your infantry (well the saddle horses were on your left flank).  i understand that it must be aggravating, but I can personally refute all the complaints your side is making.  I scouted (and was first to attack on cav) your right flank. 

if someone took an end game screenshot can you post it?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:12:40 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: dolphin fan club
  • Game nicks: Gumdrawp_dfc
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2011, 08:18:25 pm »
4 was the most kills, I was 4-0 along with at least a half dozen others :P

mr boon you had 5 war horses and 2 saddle horses on your side circling your infantry (well the saddle horses were on your left flank).  i understand that it must be aggravating, but I can personally refute all the complaints your side is making.  I scouted (and was first to attack on cav) your right flank. 

if someone took an end game screenshot can you post it?

i had 5 kills. and we definately had no more than 3-4 horses of our 14 cav players. We also didnt even buy war horses or saddle horses, so i can refute your claim.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2011, 08:20:18 pm »
He's just trolling y'all.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2011, 08:45:08 pm »
i had 5 kills. and we definately had no more than 3-4 horses of our 14 cav players. We also didnt even buy war horses or saddle horses, so i can refute your claim.

I only saw the scoreboard for our side at the end (had about a 1 second look before it ended the battle).  I personally saw 5 of you guys on armored horses circling around your infantry blob, I assumed they were war horses but I was too far to correctly identify them apparently.  You also had 2 black saddle horses on your left flank. 

If you watch the video you can also see your armored horses circling your infantry blob.  Video backs me up.  I don't know what battle you or your comrades were in, but apparently it wasn't the same one I was scouting in (I was also the very first person to attack and engage your lines).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2011, 08:54:50 pm »
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2011, 08:31:40 pm »
Yup

i actually wasn't.  i still defend my statements.  the spawn system should be fixed, but it's not like it was impossible for the attackers of DFC to defend their spawn.  And it was certainly not impossible for the attackers of Pecores vs LLJK to defend their spawn vs LLJK.  The defenders clearly have an advantage, but it's in no way a guaranteed outcome if they choose to rush the attackers spawn. 

Ever heard of pikemen?  Ever heard of siege shields?  Ever heard of organizing a defense?

The people bitching about the spawn system and how it's impossible for the attackers to defend against a spawn rush are being overly-dramatic, and in most cases being facetious or outright lying.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:32:41 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2011, 08:48:46 pm »
Yea it's not impossible it is just heavy weighted against the attackers because well equipped attacking armies have gotten stomped repeatedly over the last 2 weeks to the tune of like 25 times. Yet you just ignore this huge volume of evidence and keep posting away.

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2011, 08:57:06 pm »
+1
i actually wasn't.  i still defend my statements.  the spawn system should be fixed, but it's not like it was impossible for the attackers of DFC to defend their spawn.  And it was certainly not impossible for the attackers of Pecores vs LLJK to defend their spawn vs LLJK.  The defenders clearly have an advantage, but it's in no way a guaranteed outcome if they choose to rush the attackers spawn. 

Ever heard of pikemen?  Ever heard of siege shields?  Ever heard of organizing a defense?

The people bitching about the spawn system and how it's impossible for the attackers to defend against a spawn rush are being overly-dramatic, and in most cases being facetious or outright lying.

Shogunate used all three of those to the best of their ability, and Shogunate is not some joke clan.  They win clan tournaments all the time.  They're good.  And a somewhat disorganized mob of LLJK players and mercs rolled them less than five minutes from the map change: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kleiZVHrZmI

There's a reason you're the only one in the entirety of the cRPG community who's arguing that attackers have a fair chance to defend their spawn.  It's because you're wrong.  There's no room for discussion here.  In another topic you flat out admitted that you've only fought in one strat battle (one of the ones with the new spawn system), and basically have no idea what you're talking about.  Just give it a rest.
boop

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2011, 08:57:55 pm »
Either way, we get it Cracka. Your e-penis is HUUUUUUUUUUEG. You don't need to keep slapping it in the faces of innocent forum readers to prove it. Honestly, I'd be more concerned about the video evidence of failures involved in the current system than one dude's e-penis... But hey, some people really enjoy e-masturbating in forum threads so I suppose I shouldn't butt my head in.

I had expected conversations like this thread to end once this was posted.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2011, 08:59:23 pm »
Just for clarification...
Shogunate used all three of those to the best of their ability, and Shogunate is not some joke clan.  They win EU clan tournaments all the time.  They're good.  And a somewhat disorganized mob of LLJK players and mercs rolled them less than five minutes on NA server.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2011, 09:02:47 pm »
I had expected conversations like this thread to end once this was posted.

Not me, I'm not here trying to brag about taking over an enemy spawn in under 3 minutes.  Yes, it felt great and was completely unexpected.  But I'm making valid points from the position of experience (and witnessing) for 2 seperate open field battles.  In both cases the attackers could have defended their spawn points, but they failed to do so. 

Givi, I hear you.  I didn't witness the shogunate battle.  DFC could have defended vs ATS, and Pecores could have defended vs LLJK.  Just because they didn't, and just because they had a disadvantage going into it, doesn't mean they couldn't have defended their spawn point.  Anyone who claims otherwise is bullshitting you or disillusioned.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:03:49 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2011, 09:06:50 pm »
Shogunate used all three of those to the best of their ability, and Shogunate is not some joke clan.  They win clan tournaments all the time.  They're good.  And a somewhat disorganized mob of LLJK players and mercs rolled them less than five minutes from the map change: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kleiZVHrZmI

There's a reason you're the only one in the entirety of the cRPG community who's arguing that attackers have a fair chance to defend their spawn.  It's because you're wrong.  There's no room for discussion here.  In another topic you flat out admitted that you've only fought in one strat battle (one of the ones with the new spawn system), and basically have no idea what you're talking about.  Just give it a rest.

I'm not the only one arguing my position.  People are just talking about the spawn system being broken.  I agree it should be fixed, but to say that the attackers have a nearly impossible position to defend their spawn point, is bullshit.  You were in the dfc vs ats battle I presume?  Did you not have all your troops spawned in (at least 95% of them, keep in mind video evidence backs me up)?  Did you not have cav circling your infantry?  I didn't see you guys putting down any siege shields.  I didn't see an organized infantry lining up with shields or pikes.  I saw a circling ball of baitfish waiting to get slaughtered by the predators, which is exactly what happened. 

Sorry for the double post btw...

Also, by the way...just because you claim I'm the only one taking the position that I am, doesn't mean my argument is wrong or flawed.  If you can't argue the positions on their own merit, than you shouldn't be in this debate.

Yea it's not impossible it is just heavy weighted against the attackers because well equipped attacking armies have gotten stomped repeatedly over the last 2 weeks to the tune of like 25 times. Yet you just ignore this huge volume of evidence and keep posting away.

I witnessed two battles personally.  In both cases the attackers had to defend, but they had all their troops spawned in and just failed to defend their spawn point.  The advantage initially certainly is with the defenders.  But the attackers are able to defend their spawn points.  Just because they don't do so, doesn't make it impossible (or even close to impossible).  DFC and Pecores both had the numbers to defend their spawn points.  What they lacked was the proper equipment and organization.  No tweak to the spawn system will address those two issues.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:12:31 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2011, 09:16:12 pm »
I've played one strat battle and watched one, both of which had the new spawn system.  Even though I have never watched a regular strat battle, this clearly makes me an expert in strategus battle mechanics.  This has nothing to do with the fact that I've been rigorously defending my position in spite of overwhelming opposition, nor does it matter that I am too bullheaded to admit when I'm wrong.  My plan is to continue stating that I am correct and everyone else, from developers to my own alliance leaders, is wrong.

Oh, I understand completely now.  Carry on.
boop