Author Topic: Back From Koa Duel Tournament In Native (With Video)  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Back From Koa Duel Tournament In Native.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 02:36:02 am »
let's duel more leonidas.  I think we go even in crpg for win/loss currently in duel. I don't know if I was dueling you on a randomly named STF character or not, though.
I liked fighting you, you didn't take risks, you don't gamble much at all. It was nice, after about 30 seconds of block-strike-block I start gambling chambers & double swings, etc.
IDK, I dislike the 5 minute+ duels I participated in along time ago where you're just waiting for the other guy to make a wrong block. Gambling certain tricks spice it up even if they backfire on me.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:41:48 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 02:51:39 am »
It did occur to me actually. Furthermore if my opinion was skewed in any direction it would be against Rhade (lecherous, perverted, asshole that he is). I simple stand by my point that if you can only fight in an open field then your really have no room to talk about being better than anyone. Anyway, I don't come to the forums to fight, well usually I do, but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm glad there will be another skilled player to fight and I'll leave it at that.

well, if we consider that the rest of the tournament seems to be focused on equity (equal stats, equal gear) it seems silly to place the fighters in anything other than an open field
FREE ALLERS

Offline GK_Leonidas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 02:59:05 am »
It did occur to me actually. Furthermore if my opinion was skewed in any direction it would be against Rhade (lecherous, perverted, asshole that he is). I simple stand by my point that if you can only fight in an open field then your really have no room to talk about being better than anyone. Anyway, I don't come to the forums to fight, well usually I do, but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm glad there will be another skilled player to fight and I'll leave it at that.

I didn't say I could only fight in the open coy, I was up 3 - 0, what I said was that I didn't get a chance practicing in the ring, I am used to using more space. I had to adapt on the fly.  I am quite capable in a closed area, the problem is that I am not used to it and I didn't practice for it. At the last moment the tournament manager called it to be in the ring, when 99% of my practice battles and 100% of my tourney battles had been on the outside of the ring. Like I said lets just drop it.

Offline GK_Leonidas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 03:09:56 am »
+1

All fights are first to 7 wins

Semi Finals vs Prt Beer       

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoldenKingdomFilms?feature=mhsn#p/u/0/GJoLYHVaJGw

Comments = allowed to play my game

Finals vs Bks_Rhade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxExKIRijfM

Comments = stifled by the ring kept getting wall pwned most of my quick deaths came by getting stuck or trying to escape the wall. He became smart and started to use the wall to come back.  Would have practiced for it if I had known the fight was going to be in there.  Sometimes things just don't go your way.

You guys be the judge and you decide I am moving on.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:33:48 am by GK_Leonidas »

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 03:29:52 am »
+1
Native duels at their finest. Wear a rag, take the longest shaft possible, backpedal the hell out of your opponent.
Seeing those made me glad I pretty much stopped playing Native more than a year ago.
Semi Finals vs Prt Beer

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoldenKingdomFilms?feature=mhsn#p/u/0/GJoLYHVaJGw
Sorry, but where is the fight? I see running competition, not a fight here.
Finals vs Bks_Rhade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxExKIRijfM

Comments = stifled by the ring kept getting wall pwned most of my quick deaths came by getting stuck or trying to escape the wall.. Would have practiced for it if I had known the fight was going to be in there.
Same running competition, yet limited by the ring barriers.

Offline GK_Leonidas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 03:45:59 am »
Native duels at their finest. Wear a rag, take the longest shaft possible, backpedal the hell out of your opponent.
Seeing those made me glad I pretty much stopped playing Native more than a year ago.Sorry, but where is the fight? I see running competition, not a fight here.Same running competition, yet limited by the ring barriers.

You play a little different when every potential blow of your opponent can kill you. The margin of error is very small. One mistake and your dead. Native and crpg have their pros and cons, I like them both and appreciate them for their differences. Although in both native and crpg, I am more of a defensive player who has outbursts of aggression.

Offline GK_Leonidas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 04:15:09 am »
let's duel more leonidas.  I think we go even in crpg for win/loss currently in duel. I don't know if I was dueling you on a randomly named STF character or not, though.
I liked fighting you, you didn't take risks, you don't gamble much at all. It was nice, after about 30 seconds of block-strike-block I start gambling chambers & double swings, etc.
IDK, I dislike the 5 minute+ duels I participated in along time ago where you're just waiting for the other guy to make a wrong block. Gambling certain tricks spice it up even if they backfire on me.

What is your main character, I know those who can go even with me by name.

Cyranule(1 hander), Galgorath(Steel Pick), Dan_ATS(longsword or maybe it was Danish) Allers(Longsword) ,(Sorry if I left someone out these are people I  used to fight on the duel server) this was before I left, after  playing in fastest for so many weeks. When you come back to medium, people seem to be swinging in slow motion or noticeably slower, only lasts for about a day, till your body acclimates back to  medium.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Re: Back From Koa Duel Tournament In Native
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 03:59:07 pm »
Ignoring the fact that everyone seems to want to insult each other, then say "I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT hueahuehauh" and wants to be a last word in prick...

I think that it's good that you're back Leo.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 04:14:10 pm »
Honestly I am tired both of native and crpg duels. I would like to see "fastest" or at least ''faster'' speed crpg duels, then it will be fun for me  :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:05:31 pm by DarkFox »

Offline GK_Leonidas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 04:31:57 pm »
Honestly I am tired both of native and crpg duels. I would like to see "faster" or at least ''fastest'' speed crpg duels, then it will be fun for me  :)

Both those duels were in fastest. Swings speeds are increased significantly.

Offline GK_Leonidas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Back From Koa Duel Tournament In Native (With Video)
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 05:14:00 pm »
Can't wait till Friday, when I will be playing again.

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2011, 06:04:31 pm »
well, if we consider that the rest of the tournament seems to be focused on equity (equal stats, equal gear) it seems silly to place the fighters in anything other than an open field

Leo fought rhade in an open field and still lost. Even so, the reason he lost in the ring is because all he literally does is backpedal. The only time you will ever catch leo advancing is when he tries to advance with his "seizure feint". 'sides this is the dude who condescendingly preaches of "playing like a shark" and "adapting to any situation". I saw neither of them things in that video.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:06:26 pm by Anti »

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 06:09:07 pm »
Leo fought rhade in an open field and still lost. Even so, the reason he lost in the ring is because all he literally does is backpedal. The only time you will ever catch leo advancing is when he tries to advance with his "seizure feint". 'sides this is the dude who condescendingly preaches of "playing like a shark" and "adapting to any situation". I saw neither of them things in that video.
Have you never seen a shark backpedal?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline GK_Leonidas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 06:23:06 pm »

This is a known racist troll from native, who gets muted and banned on the TW forums on a consistent basis. He is also a chief hater of mine, probably because my skill level is so far beyond his at this point. He also happens to be apart of Rhade's Fan boys. Please leaving your trolling in the TW forums. Realize when I fought Rhade the first time I was transitioning to fastest from medium after  only about 30 minutes of practice, I was also under the impression the server was running in medium because it said so in the settings, I came to find out though it was running fastest because of a mod it had, that set it to fastest even though it said it was running medium (This is a well chronicled fact and it was settled months ago.) Please crawl back under your bridge, and realize that I have actually gained the respect of a lot of the NA Crpg community by the merits of my play. The community isn't as biased over here as it is in Native.

Offline Ragemelon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Rrrrragemelon.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Ragemelon
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 08:37:53 pm »
I thought it was a pretty good duel, although a bit defensive from both sides. Not the aggressive style I prefer myself( is that why I fail?)
~ Gore and feces , the true smell of passion ~