Author Topic: Nerf Arbalest!  (Read 17100 times)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nerf Arbalest!
« on: July 25, 2011, 09:09:25 pm »
All the other crossbows are fine I think, but the Arbalest is seriously OP.

I was one-shotted by Fallen_With_Stupid's [Masterwork] Arbalest while I was in 38 body armor. I have 21 strength and 7 ironflesh. There was no speed bonus, because he was right in front of me.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Nerf Arbalest!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 09:49:44 pm »
I get almost one shotted by a MW heavy crossbow in 61 body armor, as a 18/19 build. Nerf crossbows QQ

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 09:54:35 pm »
If you nerf the arbalest, youre gonna have to nerf everything, else it will just be plain bad compared to them.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 10:47:55 pm »
I hate it when someone who put the time and effort into getting heirlooms actually sees a benefit to their efforts. I want to be able to wear weak armor with not even a huge amount of IF and still be the boss.

sarcasm

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 10:59:10 pm »
+3
Getting shot down by the arbalest is always pretty frustrating.. There is very little you can do, as you never get a chance if you didn't see him first.

In my mind.. 1 shotting weapons against an average build+average armor should not be in the game. Especially not ranged.

I'd say, increase the speed of arbalest, but reduce the damage enough that it doesn't one shot all the time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 11:01:11 pm »
I think Crossbows either get a rework or a damage nerf.

I'd be more up for faster reloads and less damage though.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:20:23 pm »
+4
Getting shot down by the arbalest is always pretty frustrating.. There is very little you can do, as you never get a chance if you didn't see him first.

In my mind.. 1 shotting weapons against an average build+average armor should not be in the game. Especially not ranged.

I'd say, increase the speed of arbalest, but reduce the damage enough that it doesn't one shot all the time.

The looms are the issue imo. Make the looms add more shot/realoding speed and less damage (making the weapon better for ranged duels, while making it less extreme in the damage department)

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 01:39:01 am »
good idea dezilagel

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 01:56:48 am »
I too hate getting 1 shot in light armor which is why when the arbalest nerf comes through we should also nerf 2hers and the power strike skill.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 02:13:11 am »
I almost never get one shotted in my lamellar, except by cav (90% cav..) or loomed arbalests.

(as a ninja i often get 1 shotted by head-strikes and headshots but that's my own choice..)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 02:59:47 am »
+4
I disagree with the nerf cycle, Fundamentally. Also, statistically the arbalest isn't even doing that great for kills so it doesn't warrant a nerf. Lots of threads on xbow balance already.

TBH there are more cases of gear&builds that are underpowered and not viable which should be buffed. Bringing those in line with other things makes the game way more spicier with different options, and is more important than a slight suggested change to a mostly non-factor weapon like the arbalest.

*I'm clearly biased as somebody who never uses the arbalest but gets shot by them all the time. Just aren't a big deal tbh.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 03:29:02 am »
I think the heavy crossbows are a pain and a nuisance, by competing directly with archery for ranged dmg.
In a boring lowskill coward way.

For gameplay, it is no fun, as there is little teamplay, just ppl camping in the back.. hiding/ducking while reloading.
No fun being shot at either .. as you never see it comming..
And if you actually manage to flank and get behind them.. or even find them... they are well armoured and hard to take down (harder than soft archers atleast)

Iknow realism is no good card to play.. but the heavy crossbows appeared late in the medival period..

I would love to see crossbows reduced to a novelty shortrange trinket.. that gave melee/cav with 2 spare slots a little prefight suckerpunch.

I play purely as archer, so im heavily biased ofc ..

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 12:14:04 pm »
+1
I think the heavy crossbows are a pain and a nuisance, by competing directly with archery for ranged dmg.
In a boring lowskill coward way.

For gameplay, it is no fun, as there is little teamplay, just ppl camping in the back.. hiding/ducking while reloading.
No fun being shot at either .. as you never see it comming..
And if you actually manage to flank and get behind them.. or even find them... they are well armoured and hard to take down (harder than soft archers atleast)

Iknow realism is no good card to play.. but the heavy crossbows appeared late in the medival period..

I would love to see crossbows reduced to a novelty shortrange trinket.. that gave melee/cav with 2 spare slots a little prefight suckerpunch.

I play purely as archer, so im heavily biased ofc ..

I would love to see arrows deal realistic damage to mail and plate armour: NONE. Only bodkins pierce mail and the other arrows just get stuck in the leather padding.

On a more serious note:
Low body armour and close range and you complain about getting 1 hit killed by a masterwork arbalest?
What would have happened if he missed that shot you think? He would've had to run or pull out a 1 slot 2h or 1h weapon to fight you in melee.
With MW arbalest and MW steel bolts I couldn't 1 hit kill anything at range (only very squishy archers) and even in close range (less than 10 meters) it would take me 3 body hits to kill someone with 7 IF and ~60 body armour. Tested that in the duel server. Over longer ranges, it could take as much as 5 hits.
I couldn't 1 hit kill a clanmate with a strengthbuild and a sugerloaf helmet when I hit him in the head point blank range.
As for the arbalest mechanic: You get just 1 shot. If you survive my hit, it will take me so long to reload, aim and be able to fire again that you will allready be in my face or behind cover.

It does loads of damage, true, but has serious drawbacks in high cost (18k) and more importantly, long reload time. The speedincrease from heirlooming was allready removed, so the arbalest always has 18 speed.

Deal with it, the same way I have to deal with very fast 2h, polearm stun and archers.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Den Bitre
  • Game nicks: Date
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 12:22:47 pm »
+1
I think crossbows are not OP at the moment, they were better in the past. Now with the slot nerf+ accuracy nerf they aren't that dangerous. I fear most 1h cav at the moment :D

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 12:47:43 pm »
I'd love for crossbows to be a lot faster at reloading but dealing less damage.

We don't need one hitting slow to reload sniper rifles.
Don't mind the fish.