• cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
Re: Gold??
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 04:48:25 pm »
Some of us have been hoarding gold since long before the patch. Others even abused strategus for it..

I got nearly 300k, but I have nothing to spend it on as a Ninja.

i know the feeling :D

i usually just buy stuff i'll never use, like a plated charger even though i have 0 riding

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 04:58:31 pm »
Hmmm i just use Gear of 25k to 36k worth of Gold and if i am not that unlucky that my 4 of my expensive Gear break 6 rounds in a row i do a lot of Gold earning!

Offline Carmelites_Jajko

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Iskra_II
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Iskra
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 06:50:57 pm »
Oh, impossible is that the limit is 47 500 gold !
My equipment costs over 35 000 gold and I cannot earn money  if I'm full armoured on the serwer! Every match, when something is damaged I pay a lot of gold ! Mostly it is even 800 gold!  With this I must put off  a part of my heavy armour, then equipment costs about 26 000 gold! Then it is able to earn money although there isn't much of it. And my main question is : If I would like to wear my full complete armour on battle, what should I do to earn money and have always money to repair items? What are you doing for this? I tried to earn money by being naked peasant, but when I was always putting on my armour again, I was still loosing gold to repair items. For example I had earned 5000 gold and after few rounds I had only about 300 gold. What can I do to stabilize all costs?
Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 07:07:06 pm »
Well the sense of the upkeep system is to prevent chars with all ultra items.....
So.. you should still be able to afford one of the shiny metal plate body armors and a weapon.But you can only afford shitty boots and head armor.. well.Live with it.
No more complete tin can pwnage :(((

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 07:34:09 pm »
Wear peasant gear?

Or win.

Or both.

Excellent reply, son.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 08:13:08 pm »
I normally hover around 10k cash on DL_Braeden_Rahl.  Occasionally I spike up to like 50k.  But I always end up going back down.

What? Upkeep? No, no...I'm just a compulsive shopper.  My last cash spike went crashing down with a cataphract Horse.  Haven't actually rode it yet, but I'm sure eventually I'll have 5 riding.  Maybe.

I have a peasant armor ninja character who has like 26k and nothing left to buy, because he only has 10 strength.  Sadly, he'll only gain money forever.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 10:58:27 pm »
20k eq you make a lot of money
30k you make less
40k you might loose a bit money.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 02:24:45 am »
20k eq you make a lot of money
30k you make less
40k you might loose a bit money.

use destrier+
lose your money
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 10:20:22 am »

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 10:47:10 am »
Seems pretty damn random to me, sometimes I loose 10k gold after a days playing. Other times I gain alot more. I like the new system though, I find myself swtiching between armour sets. Something I couldent do in the past. However themed warriors who are restricted to low level gear will naturally hoard gold.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 09:09:54 pm »
You will need to switch between armor/weapon sets depending on your gold reserves. You also do not need to fill all slots with stuff, as that will mean more shit to break. I get to around 50k in gold, then start wearing my best armor/weapon til I get to about 10k. Then I wear armor thats around 4-8k total and carry one weapon. I will sometimes switch to more weapons or better armor if I am on a good win streak. Overall, in a week of play, I probably wear my best stuff(transitional) 30% of the time, cheap stuff about 20% and moderate stuff the rest of the time. I have no problem with that and I can regenerate my 50k pretty quickly. After a certain point, there's nothing to spend your money on except repairs anyway. The general rule is to play with around 20k worth of equipment on you at any given time to maintain a positive gold flow.

Some people seem to get 50k in a day. I don't know how thats possible unless you are constantly on 5x multiplier. I feel like I am on a 1x multiplier 90% of the time.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 09:52:39 pm »
Some people seem to get 50k in a day. I don't know how thats possible unless you are constantly on 5x multiplier. I feel like I am on a 1x multiplier 90% of the time.
[/quote]
Wow, that does mean they are celebrating 4.167 hours of x5 a day (minus 50 gold for gear). Rather impossible  :shock:
I made 80k after 2 times retirement :lol:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:01:02 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 03:48:53 pm »

Wow, that does mean they are celebrating 4.167 hours of x5 a day (minus 50 gold for gear). Rather impossible  :shock:
I made 80k after 2 times retirement :lol:

10 hours a x2 multi? (minus higher for upkeep)
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 05:12:07 pm »
Meh... I seem to lose some gold when I run around in my milanese plate armour set with 4 stacks of throwing lances. I mean... I go bankrupt in a few rounds :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Carmelites_Jajko

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Iskra_II
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Iskra
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2011, 01:43:04 pm »
I was always dreaming about Cataphract Horse. You know...it is a horse with heavy armour. It costs over 44 k gold. Since yesterday I have been playing with peasant gear with only war darts to throw.
I have already earned over 35 k gold, and I have a question: what will happen if I will use on battle only cataphract horse and peasant gear with war darts and Long arming sword? Will I be loosing money? Or should I spend gold for something different than that horse?
Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II Iskra_II