Author Topic: Upkeep after trying different alts  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
Re: Upkeep after trying different alts
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 03:33:48 am »
Quote from: Overdriven
The increased arrow breakage means that if you use anything more than Barbed arrows, you start forking out huge amounts for upkeep.

This is sadly true.

I feel more like a Peasant Horse Archer than a Horse Archer.  :oops:

Gifs me your gold!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 02:52:19 am »
+1
Humm.... upkeep should be different following what you play.

I "heard" horses were "balanced" because of their price.
If you lower it, then everyone and their grandma will use one.

I still feel like Upkeep is really luck biaised, wich makes me rage a bit. When 6 of my 7 items breaks in a 3min30sec round play, i really feel bad (and so does my purse).

Thing is :
Archers with cheap bow : useless. You'll loose money on your arrows anyway, unless they are normal or tatar.
2handers with cheap weapons : decent, can loot better weapons easily. (2hand war axe is horribly good)

The new "grind" class, and still providing fun, is definitely the 2h/polearm, with 7 PS build. They can change armor following multiplier, change main weapon, add another one, etc... Archers/xbows/throwers stick to one low armor/weapon/ammo. No matter what. And loose money.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 05:57:08 am »
I think Upkeep should be removed or altered greatly. In it's current state, it does not belong in the game, it's just a flawed and imbalanced feature. It makes matches frustrating, losing & dying not fun, and it makes this game all about luck (whether or not you get the better team, flip a coin. i'm forced to leave matches otherwise). I just can't play anymore because of this, it's not entertaining nor does it improve my gaming experience. I don't want to downgrade or lose my gear just because I put time into into the game, and kept fighting even though I was losing, in fact I should be rewarded for that. We don't deserve this garbage, there's plenty of better alternatives. It's such a chore.

Advancing my character should be fun, but instead it's difficult and hardly possible. I shouldn't have to save my money through 4 generations to be able to even bankroll a full plate armor set. THAT ISN'T FUN, who the heck thought this was a good idea? Remember when C-RPG was laid back and enjoyable? Now we have to put up with this and it ruins the game for many! Trust me, I really tried to get into C-RPG and tolerate this but I can't anymore. This is the reason I quit months ago, and it still remains! Ridiculous.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:06:01 am by Draulius »