Author Topic: LLJK Official Proclomation of Peace  (Read 48398 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: LLJK Official Proclomation of Peace
« Reply #285 on: July 25, 2011, 12:37:20 am »
its not that big! come play NA 1 its the lols :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #286 on: July 25, 2011, 12:40:44 am »
Always hoped our ways will cross in beta Strategos (while we're all still in one map), since the Ping Ocean is an obstacle too big for regular battle servers......if not for any other reason then at least because we share the same "enthusiasm" for ranged units in this game.......  :wink:

Still playing man, could still cross paths with you in strat.  :)  And yes, I've always understood your brand of "love" for ranged. 
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Timotheus_Brune
« Reply #287 on: July 25, 2011, 12:42:25 am »
TLDR;  It stopped being all in good fun, so I quit the trololo game.  I lose, they win.  *Edit:  Carification;  by 'they' I mean the fuckwits that took this to the level of hacking my account, digging up RL info and the other bullshit.  Not lljk or any other group as a whole.*

What the fuck? Sad to hear this... Hope you wont experience such bullshit again in future!

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #288 on: July 25, 2011, 12:47:16 am »
Same shit, different strat.

This shit happened before, it will happen again.

There weren't roll backs before why should there be now?

Whats different is LLJK wasn't incompetent enough like Templars in last strat. What happen to Templars wasn't a hacker, you guys promoted new players in your clan to high enough rank to unhire mercs. This is way different. If one of my guys was a sleeper spy and unhired all of our mercs, I would tipped my hat to him and the Coalition, since that is some nice espionage. But this is a breach of chadz's code and compromising of the database. I am just glad my heirlooms remain intact.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #289 on: July 25, 2011, 12:49:18 am »
But this is a breach of chadz's code and compromising of the database. I am just glad my heirlooms remain intact.

Indeed.  Glad to hear you didn't lose the time investment on your character (heirlooms n' shit).  Did the strat situation get resolved then?
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #290 on: July 25, 2011, 12:50:43 am »
If one of my guys was a sleeper spy and unhired all of our mercs, I would tipped my hat to him and the Coalition, since that is some nice espionage. But this is a breach of chadz's code and compromising of the database. I am just glad my heirlooms remain intact.
Also, just to put it mildly, it's probably not in the community's best interest to make hacking the accounts of opposing clans a valid strategy whose outcome is accepted as legitimate.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 25, 2011, 12:55:54 am »
Indeed.  Glad to hear you didn't lose the time investment on your character (heirlooms n' shit).  Did the strat situation get resolved then?

No, my clan wants a rollback along with couple of devs. Besides this, there was the whole new flags at spawn thing. Which messed up a lot of battles.

I rather just redo the battle on fair terms, but if that can't be had. Just give back my army that was transfered, the gold as well, and possibly a small refund on the lost troops do to hackers. We couldn't have 1/3rd of our mercs, might as well refund 1/3rd of our lost army and its gear in gold. Nevermind, I want it all back.

EDIT: the worse thing about this isn't losing the armies and gold, since we will recoup that in couple days. Its not having fun with bros on our merc list and goons that wanted to play but couldn't, cuz they got unhired.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:07:38 am by Snatch »

Offline Rubicon

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • perfect & modest
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rubicon, COCKY, Rubicav
« Reply #292 on: July 25, 2011, 01:20:04 am »
Whats different is LLJK wasn't incompetent enough like Templars in last strat. What happen to Templars wasn't a hacker, you guys promoted new players in your clan to high enough rank to unhire mercs. This is way different. If one of my guys was a sleeper spy and unhired all of our mercs, I would tipped my hat to him and the Coalition, since that is some nice espionage. But this is a breach of chadz's code and compromising of the database. I am just glad my heirlooms remain intact.
Let me fix this for you. The rank system was implemented after the roster wipe. Anyhow, that kind of thing is just lame as hell and deserve a timelife ban to the hacker
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:22:15 am by Rubicon »

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 25, 2011, 01:40:51 am »
Let me fix this for you. The rank system was implemented after the roster wipe. Anyhow, that kind of thing is just lame as hell and deserve a timelife ban to the hacker

The thing you have to realize is that if there isn't a roll back, or we don't get refunded, then hacking has become a legitimate strategy. It becomes accepted.
Then hacking Strat accounts becomes a necessity - because there's essentially no difference between destroying an army in a battle or hacking the General and sending it to yourself or a neutral or whatever.

If this shit isn't taken care of, there's going to be more of this. More people will start using it.

This is essentially the atomic bomb of Strategus if it just becomes an accepted risk. That's not the kind of game I think anyone wants to play.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:49:04 am by Snatch »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2011, 01:57:05 am »
Same shit, different strat.

This shit happened before, it will happen again.

There weren't roll backs before why should there be now?

DAMN U CASIMIR! U HAXZORR!!!!

UNHACK LADY GAGA CASHYMIR!!111

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #295 on: July 25, 2011, 02:20:42 am »
I'm a notorious hacker.

I personally feel that as in any beta game bugs and problems like this are to be expected, hopefully the devs will be able to solve this problem for the final release of strategus, whenever that does come.
Turtles

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #296 on: July 25, 2011, 02:35:00 am »
I'm a notorious hacker.

I personally feel that as in any beta game bugs and problems like this are to be expected, hopefully the devs will be able to solve this problem for the final release of strategus, whenever that does come.

You can't be serious that hacking should be an expected problem?

e: Oh wait, it benefited you so I guess you can say that. We wouldn't be saying this kind of shit had Pecores/Coalition had been hacked.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:38:50 am by Rikthor »
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #297 on: July 25, 2011, 02:36:03 am »
You can't be serious that hacking should be an expected problem?
He expected it cos he did it.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #298 on: July 25, 2011, 02:45:02 am »
Security problems are an issue in all online games, on the internet there are hackers, you goons know that better than most.

This will hopefully result in a  further improvement to the strategus security to prevent repeat hackings. A roll back, although it has its benefits, would also have devastating effects on other clans completely uninvolved in the conflict.

also yes of course i don't want you guys to have more troops... who would?

It would obviously be wrong to condone hacking in anyway and i do indeed feel sorry for you guys that you suffered this attack, however i'm in favor of reimbursement at the most, not a roll back.

(click to show/hide)
Turtles

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 25, 2011, 03:34:11 am »

Actually, if memory serves, back when the Templars and their allies got screwed over there were no restrictions concerning who had access to hiring lists -- IIRC access by rank was added as a response to those incidents. All the "espionage" involved there was some undercover 22nd, DRZ or whoever getting accepted into the faction, and since the game was a lot more innocent then and it wasn't clear yet just what some people would do to be more "competitive", I really wouldn't call that much of an achievement. What happened to you is equally shitty, but I have to say that I'm pretty surprised to see you being such a dick about it.

Also, your account being compromised isn't the same as the database being compromised. Still, whatever level of vulnerability we're dealing with here, it's important to handle it ASAP. As far as rollbacks go, though, it was never done for incidents like this before, whether they were caused by bugs or cheating. I don't really see how this is all that different. Personally, I don't think a rollback is a bad idea, but if there's one now, then it means we need to start seeing a lot more rollbacks in the future whenever shit goes badly for somebody in an unfair way, even if it doesn't really break Strategus at large.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:42:38 am by okiN »
Don't.