Author Topic: Repair system  (Read 977 times)

Offline Mihai_qc

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Repair system
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:40:42 pm »
Dear gentlemen, ladies and others,

I've had some serious issues with the new repair costs. I'm a mid-funded talentless player, as some of you know after cutting me in half, blocking upwards while you were holding a left swing for 2 seconds. After hard hours of grinding, and standing behind complete Juggernauts such as Jex (K/D: 22-2, dear lord). And stealing some kills when ppl are not lookin', i've finally managed to get my sneaky lil hands on two good items; Black boots and Bec-De-Corbin. The repair rate, as I have experienced last night, is quite high and takes alot of denars from my poor old gold pouch.

In fact, I was at 3x for an hour, and I was LOSING money from the repairs of some good items. It was something to behold. At one point, I didn't even have money left to repair my boots. Me being new and low level, I don't have much money to spend and sacrificed my spleen, my soul and one of my kidneys (I think it's the left one, not sure) for that weapon and ma' booties.

I seriously wish you would fix the repair system, it's incredibly annoying and denar-consuming:

- Make it take into account the level of the player and his generation (for % chance of breaking)

- If I don't get hit, please don't break my boots? D: (<--- I think this one is impossible to script)
- Give me free denars! :D

Best regards,
BustyChicksFTW

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
Re: Repair system
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 07:44:38 pm »
Dear gentlemen, ladies and others,

I've had some serious issues with the new repair costs. I'm a mid-funded talentless player, as some of you know after cutting me in half, blocking upwards while you were holding a left swing for 2 seconds. After hard hours of grinding, and standing behind complete Juggernauts such as Jex (K/D: 22-2, dear lord). And stealing some kills when ppl are not lookin', i've finally managed to get my sneaky lil hands on two good items; Black boots and Bec-De-Corbin. The repair rate, as I have experienced last night, is quite high and takes alot of denars from my poor old gold pouch.

In fact, I was at 3x for an hour, and I was LOSING money from the repairs of some good items. It was something to behold. At one point, I didn't even have money left to repair my boots. Me being new and low level, I don't have much money to spend and sacrificed my spleen, my soul and one of my kidneys (I think it's the left one, not sure) for that weapon and ma' booties.

I seriously wish you would fix the repair system, it's incredibly annoying and denar-consuming:

- Make it take into account the level of the player and his generation (for % chance of breaking)

- If I don't get hit, please don't break my boots? D: (<--- I think this one is impossible to script)
- Give me free denars! :D

Best regards,
BustyChicksFTW

I see u registered on forum July 16th, so that means u r fairly new to the game? The repair system should sustain the total equipment cost of around 30k.

I wear 29k equip and i can manage not to lose money at least. Sometimes when we get an hour long of x5 i even manage to get 5-10k from this.

STOP WHINING AND START KILLING
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:45:42 pm by Ming »

Offline Mihai_qc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 07:51:30 pm »
I see u registered on forum July 16th, so that means u r fairly new to the game? The repair system should sustain the total equipment cost of around 30k.

I wear 29k equip and i can manage not to lose money at least. Sometimes when we get an hour long of x5 i even manage to get 5-10k from this.

STOP WHINING AND START KILLING

Tell that to the Monster wearing plate armor lvl 30 chasing me around like I'm a practice dummy!

Offline Mihai_qc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 08:37:42 pm »
I Really don't see how it is possible to have a Knight with the repair system.

Offline Mihai_qc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 08:42:23 pm »
All I have is a Bec of Corbin, black greaves and two LIGHT strange items equipped and I went from 9.5K to 8.4K in 25 minutes because of repairs. That's BS.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 08:45:18 pm »
Try looking at the item you are using that cost 757 to repair every time it breaks.  get more polearm wpf, or use a more inexpensive weapon
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 08:47:45 pm »
It is important to note that wpf factors into how often things break.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline runemaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vic_Rattlehead
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 08:54:57 pm »
+1
I advise putting together a group of light armor peices to use while you are leveling that is seperate from your most badass armor suit.

I am pretty new myself, so here's how I got started.

I have a light armor set that I use from lvl 1-29, then I only use my best armor from lvl 30-31 when my build is finished and I have money saved up from the previous 29 levels.

Mostly, I roll around in leather gloves, cav boots, red tunic with mail, and mail head piece and I do okay as a two hander.  It's not much protection, but it's also an oppurtunity to work on blocking. I always use my favorite weapon.

Incidentally, I've noticed a lot more people doing the red tunic/mail head piece thing lately.  I'm not that good, so I know they aren't copying me.  Maybe I'm on to something?

Offline Mihai_qc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 09:04:44 pm »
Nah its okay, don't bother, decided to quit, lost 4k of denars over an hour, all I had is light strange armor gear and a bec of corbin.

This is not worth it, I can't compete with full plated armors without getting major penalized.

Money is going back to a guy who made my playing possible.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 09:10:31 pm »
Who's Jex? I haven't heard of this guy.

Anyway, being a peasant with a bec de corbin is a silly idea, unless you're running with rags.

Remember that you need to budget. I have a sustainable upkeep based on the monetary support I've accumulated by fighting butt ass naked.

Holding 4000 gold and trying to fight with upper tier weapons will get you broke fast.

Also, if you're looking to get better in combat, spend time in the duel server.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login