Author Topic: Strategus Spawns  (Read 7177 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: Strategus Spawns
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 03:08:24 am »
I honestly have no idea why they didn't stay at the spawn :rolleyes:

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 03:10:35 am »
I've inclined to agree here. All of you can spout tactics and what not but having any kind of turtle rush, plated charger rush to capture a stack of wood and prevent the whole team from spawning it kinda ridiculous. There should be more then 1 way of winning; yes I agree with that but since its a alternative way as opposed to killing the whole force then it should be harder.

Just my opinion.
Agree to this but that wasn't what happened in the battle. We were all fortifying the village when the attackers all went on one side of the village making their spawn completely open. Then the horsemen and infantry charged up there. The horsemen didn't take the spawn btw, but was the first to arrive there so they started killing the people who had respawned and was trying to get back to the main body. I was one of footmen in the first ranks charging their spawn and it was almost completely open. It was, as far as I saw, footmen who closed the spawn and then withheld the counterattack from the attackers who returned to liberate the spawn.

So while I agree a plated charger charge shouldn't be able to stop a whole army, a tactical attack and faulty strategy of the attackers should. Of course this needs reworking but this victory was a) bad movements of the attackers and b) defenders seizing an opportunity to cut off the attackers.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 03:13:16 am »
"harder"? It can easily be made harder with 15 people defending the spawn, spawning a few seconds later after being killed whereas attackers need to walk over the whole map if they die, this is all tactics, one can use them wisely or mess up if they ignore it.

See but the problem here would be spawns then. Why should you be FORCED to sit at your spawn which may be at a huge disadvantage opposed to your enemy?

For example, your spawn is in a valley but your force to protect it. With no cover or nothing mean while your enemy is on top of a hill or has cover. How can you argue that that is tactics. If anything the spawn cap takes away tactics as your forced to sit at your spawn.

I'd rather have multiple capping zones or a different mechanic.

350 troops should not be able to win against 1200. Not in this kind of game anywayz.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 03:16:04 am »
The horsemen didn't take the spawn btw,

Wrong.

I saw it from spectate. The infantry had hardly managed to move when a cavalry player dismounted and took the flag down.

Offline Akincibegi

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Akincibegi and a lot of alts
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 03:16:29 am »
well why such a thread opened after merc victory?if this s retarded greys invade 3 vilages with flag capture right? why u guys didnt opened this thread at that moment?pls stop bein d*** and dont forget this is just trial it can change

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 03:16:36 am »
+1

See but the problem here would be spawns then. Why should you be FORCED to sit at your spawn which may be at a huge disadvantage opposed to your enemy?

For example, your spawn is in a valley but your force to protect it. With no cover or nothing mean while your enemy is on top of a hill or has cover. How can you argue that that is tactics. If anything the spawn cap takes away tactics as your forced to sit at your spawn.

I'd rather have multiple capping zones or a different mechanic.

350 troops should not be able to win against 1200. Not in this kind of game anywayz.

So it is all about numbers, not tactics and skill? I see. And I disagree.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 03:17:21 am »
Did chadz say anything about the spawnsystem in new strategus?

At the moment it is ridiculous....1200 against 320 people and the 320 win after 1,5minutes, because they are better equipped and make a cav charge for the spawn.

This system really has to be worked out again because every strat battle will end after a few minutes due to spawntaking!

gisbert we know you guard fought for BRD   8-) nvm I  love you  :lol:

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 03:17:54 am »
Wrong.

I saw it from spectate. The infantry had hardly managed to move when a cavalry player dismounted and took the flag down.

Actually Ramses, i had a long run and was there right in the moment cav arrived. I've started to run right after the first second i've spawned with my 8 athletics. You can see me on the screenshot btw, i've assassinated 3 defenders of the spawnpoint.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 03:18:32 am »
A bit unrelated but you know what could be a good tactic for an attack like this?
Just mindlessly zergrushing from attacker spawn and into defenders. I mean, they have WAY more troops than defenders so why would they try to cap spawn/camp hill or whatever? Then there would ALWAYS be people to defend spawn (because of all the respawners) and a constant (although depending on the defenders) decrease in the defenders tickets.

Of course I wouldn't use this tactic often, but when you have way more troops than the opponent, attacking mostly with mercs/randomers and fighting on a server on another continent then this might be the best solution.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 03:20:05 am »
Wrong.

Well I stand corrected then. I didn't see exactly who took it, since I was busy holding back their main body with their spawn at my back when i heard it had been capped over TS. Although my point that it was both cav and infantry that made it possible still stands, you agree?

EDIT: Fuck sorry for double post.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 03:20:48 am »
gisbert we know you guard fought for BRD   8-) nvm I  love you  :lol:

I don't care about which side I fought for, I care about this system and strategus in future^^

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 03:22:36 am »
I don't care about which side I fought for, I care about this system and strategus in future^^

Then why didnt you whine when guards, greys etc rushed village spawns? Oh no look, mercs won a 300v1200 battle, must complain now, who cares about those village defenders!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 03:25:12 am »
Then why didnt you whine when guards, greys etc rushed village spawns? Oh no look, mercs won a 300v1200 battle, must complain now, who cares about those village defenders!

I didn't take part in these battles. I wasn't even at home when these battles took place. This is the first one where I saw something like that o.O

Offline Akincibegi

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Akincibegi and a lot of alts
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 03:29:11 am »
then itsyour problem gisbert

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 03:33:32 am »
Actually Ramses, i had a long run and was there right in the moment cav arrived. I've started to run right after the first second i've spawned with my 8 athletics. You can see me on the screenshot btw, i've assassinated 3 defenders of the spawnpoint.

I'm talking of the infantry as a cohesive mass, not a single man running.

And i'll have to wait for Rippers video to see you.

And yes Jarlek, the cavalry couldn't have done it without the infantry coming from the village.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:35:09 am by RamsesXXIIX »