Author Topic: Please Kick All Spectators before battle start!  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
Re: Please Kick All Spectators before battle start!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 06:55:26 pm »
They are sending less signals than a player, but they still send signals. How much depends on the netcode, which we don't know.

They are also taxing the outbound capacity of the server.

The performance for the players is most important always. If we want Strategus movies, have those people ask an admin for special spectator access.

Thanks for clearing that up, i was uninformed.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 06:56:56 pm »
True, but spectators are one factor and probably the only one we can affect.
You could make sure no one else is using your internet, upgrade your internet...playing with lower settings might help...make sure nothing's running in the background or anything. There's a lot you can do.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 06:57:05 pm »
Yes, it would be great. Lags are really ruining all this game.On the ordinary EU1 battle server (50x50 battles) I have no problems and ping around 85-100. Here I ve 120-150 and REAL problems. Even events with 150 players were less lagging. Specs are the real evil.No we're worried about it being unplayable!
THIS ONE

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 06:59:37 pm »
I had almost no lag all the time.. so dont blame the spectators. Blame your slow PC  :mrgreen:
and please go away if the best help u can give is this. I have perfectly fine running pc/ fiber optic , either you are blind or something. Not meant to be rude but come on don't tell me this is performing good...fine yes, playable yes, but it can get better and that should matter more than having 50 ppl able to watch
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:00:55 pm by Frankysan »

Offline Tuonela

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuonela, Merc_Tuoni
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 07:09:14 pm »
You could make sure no one else is using your internet, upgrade your internet...playing with lower settings might help...make sure nothing's running in the background or anything. There's a lot you can do.

Fps lag I can take, I have around 30 fps with 120+ players but that combined with bad ping is just intolerable. And I have tried pretty much everything to make my pc to run as fast as possible and hte only thing I can do is hope that they remove spectators. (And possibly lower the player limit for defenders back to 60)

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 08:44:38 pm »
Specs dont spawn models

Moving Models = lag

?!?
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

Offline zakker

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Risen
  • IRC nick: zak^^
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 11:22:22 pm »
just take pics of the player screen when battle starst and when specs are kicked of or at least reduced by half then we can calculate how mutch the diference realy are.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 12:16:14 am »
and please go away if the best help u can give is this. I have perfectly fine running pc/ fiber optic , either you are blind or something. Not meant to be rude but come on don't tell me this is performing good...fine yes, playable yes, but it can get better and that should matter more than having 50 ppl able to watch

Sorry, but thats what I saw on my side and it run fine. I dont have a highend pc (3 years old) and I have the same responses in strategus like in a singleplayer game of m&b with similar amount of ppl in. It IS slower than a game with only 80 of course, but mostly because of the many bodies to be rendered.

The other thing that has to put into consideration: during the village defenses most of the crowd were in just one or two places because of the low gear. During normal battles the ppl are often spread out over the map or much larger parts of it. So the pc has to calculate much more visible stuff than in normal battles.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)