Author Topic: Archery Nerfed  (Read 17401 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Archery Nerfed
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2011, 05:49:30 am »
+1
I rather like how the arrows arc now. It feels much less point and shoot like as one has to judge more stuff to hit a target.

In terms of effectiveness I'm playing my HA mostly and my main targets are enemy horsies, naked ones I do fine in taking them down. Armoured ones I plink on, which is somewhat annoying, but justifiable.

On my foot archer I can sometimes top scoreboards if I'm playing well (I play mainly as close infantry support).

So in terms of how much archery was nerfed, I feel the addition of a faster firing, lower pierce bow would even things out. As it stands, against heavy armour the longbow is the only viable weapon. Personally, I'd like to see more variety.

This sums it up. I like the arc because I can shoot people over hills and behind rocks. Archery is fine. Only the dedicated stick with it now.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2011, 12:47:44 pm »
It's always satisfying shooting an arching shot from one end of that bridge map and seeing it drop behind the other end and hitting someone out of view.

The arc isn't so bad.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2011, 12:59:26 pm »
+1
You are all mad at wrong person, its not chadz's fault. Fasader is one to blame. Bring your pitchforks and torches and i will point you to his house.
 :D

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2011, 05:39:21 pm »
Your wrong, the chief executive is always the one to take the blame, doesn't matter who did what. Besides, chadz is the donkeyest
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2011, 12:37:45 pm »
wow all archer retards are crying here. lulz, go back to cod if you want ranged shitfare

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2011, 12:51:09 pm »
+1
Archery is very well balanced. It's still gay (I know many 2h players that hate me) but it's not that easy because of arc, crappy damage (horn bow) or slow release (long bow).

But something is way off and that's xbow. I know I mostly suck as an archer but most of the time I have issues outspamming xbow players and that's just crazy. I should be stone for ther scissors...

IMHO Xbow my old friends should have reload time of 1 minute while using Arbalest, fo realz. Or drastically shorter range.

Arc is epic, yesterday I killed fletcher from my spawn shooting at his spawn and made a headshot, bet he was very pissed at that moment :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:52:20 pm by Leshma »

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2011, 01:49:18 pm »
+1
I suggest every decent dedicated archer goes dedicated xbow for a few generations...

Give them bolts - until someone in the dev team comes to their senses and arrow speed etcetera start to make sense again.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2011, 02:02:56 pm »
+1
Either nerf xbows or buff archery.

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2011, 02:13:02 pm »
zomg mte is back from his xbow trip. returned to archery because xbow was too hard for him :(
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2011, 02:51:15 pm »
+1
Not really, xbow was damn ezmode, also I went 1h cav after xbow, now im archery for this gen, I'll most likely never stay one spec because the game gets boring..... and from each of my builds what I wrote stays: Buff archers or nerf xbows.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 598
  • Infamy: 961
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2011, 03:29:35 pm »
+1
zomg mte is back from his xbow trip. returned to archery because xbow was too hard for him :(

Why don't you roll an archer? Or Paul something else besides shielder. I'm rolling different class every gen, for 9 gens so far.

Rolling STF alt is cool and all but most people do play from lvl 1-30, balancing lvl 30 classes isn't a very good idea.

Archer is shit before lvl 28.

Edit: Nerf xbow cause if you buff archery everyone else will suffer. Also nerf cavalry.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2011, 03:30:17 pm »
+1
Actually at this point it is probably fine, except for one major thing - buff the cut damage of all the cut bows!!!  This armor buff has made all but the longbow practically useless especailly compared to the xbows pierce damage against anyone with armor over 20.  Having to shoot guys 8 to 10 times with powerdraw 9 and a masterworked horn bow or rus bow with masterworked arrows is fricken ridiculous and then you can 1 to 2 shot them with arbalest or 2 to 3 shot with longbow.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Mushy

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • For the Tea!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MUSCHI
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2011, 09:14:29 pm »
+1
Personally, I wouldn't mind archery if you all didn't do that stupid run and shoot tactic, where infantry is completely failed and bound to lose. Its so dumb when its a 5v1 and the 1 guy left is an archer and he is able to win the round because the infantry couldn't even get close to him. You say we could become throwers or whatever. Why should we sacrifice skill points and attribute points just so we stand a slight chance of killing archers? Archers sacrifice nothing to deal with melee folk like me, they instead just activate race car mode and rocket off.

Solution - Increase archery damage and speed back to what it was before, but make bows and arrows alot heavier, to counter act the running issue.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 765
  • Infamy: 1278
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2011, 10:14:37 pm »
+1
You need 24 agi or more to catch up with longbowman. Reason why I run is simple, I'm forced to use Hammer with no wpf and with 3 ps. Gimme at least 5 ps, 100 2h wpf and a longsword and I'll gladly fight any of you.

Blame slots for every archer running away. Remove slots and I'll fight even with 1 wpf.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2011, 10:18:26 pm »
You need 24 agi or more to catch up with longbowman. Reason why I run is simple, I'm forced to use Hammer with no wpf and with 3 ps. Gimme at least 5 ps, 100 2h wpf and a longsword and I'll gladly fight any of you.

Blame slots for every archer running away. Remove slots and I'll fight even with 1 wpf.

Str 18
Agi 21

1h  50 wpf
Archer7 150 wpf

Power Strike 4

Athletics 7

Power Draw 6

Weapon Master 6

You have no excuse.  50 wpf is more than enough wpf to duel someone.  Hell 1 wpf with melee is enough.  4 PS with a pierce or blunt weapon is enough for all but full plate, and the slots are not an issue UNLESS you're going for longbow + 2 bags of arrows.  Want a 1 slot melee weapon, go down to the strong bow.  You should own both anyways.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?