Author Topic: Shields got nerfed way too much....  (Read 5942 times)

Offline Inhumanetie

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoG
  • Game nicks: Inhumane, Arsebiscuits
Re: Shields got nerfed way too much....
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 03:48:10 am »
I have a CAV guy with a 1 handed wep, shield and heavy lance so no idea how u guys can t use it, my guess is that ur special or something.

And i use 1 hander shielder as secondary mode and do fine at it.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 04:33:38 am »
Watch your facing.

Nope. Not if you're turned slightly too far.

I main 1H & shield. They are perfectly fine. In my opinion easy-mode blocking is good enough as it is. Giving 180 degrees of coverage would just make it ridiculous.
ya real easy mode if your. getting cut down easier then a gazelle in a lions den.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 04:35:58 am »
Sorry I'm convinced that 1h shield is the best class in game.  If you are getting hit by melee you either need to buy a shield with faster shield speed, put more skill points into shield, or (most likely) work on positioning a bit more. 

Besides I don't think shield 'block range' got nerfed at all... I did notice some shields got lower shield speed, but meh.
hey do me a favor and just look at the scoreboards next time bud. when was the last time you saw a 109- 17 sword and boarder

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 04:51:03 am »
+1
ya real easy mode if your. getting cut down easier then a gazelle in a lions den.

You may be terrible, but that doesn't make it broken. 1-handers got a HUGE buff with this latest patch even. If you know what you are doing, you can be ridiculously powerful as a shielder.

1-handers are overall the fastest weapons in the game and now it's incredibly rare that you glance. Not to mention that you get a shield which blocks EVERYTHING from your front facing. How is this bad?

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 04:57:20 am »
because the patch didn't touch shields at all except for slot usage.

lol these devs cant even write 50% accurate patchnotes, you think they would tell you they nerfed something?

I"m a lifelong shielder and I've noticed some sort of change.  I'm getting hit by people  from 60° degrees to my sides and being hit around my board shield.  I'm pretty sure they changed something

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 05:09:37 am »
lol these devs cant even write 50% accurate patchnotes, you think they would tell you they nerfed something?

I"m a lifelong shielder and I've noticed some sort of change.  I'm getting hit by people  from 60° degrees to my sides and being hit around my board shield.  I'm pretty sure they changed something

This is a wild guess, but I'm going to throw it out here. What if it's because it is harder to glance?

For example, pre-patch, someone swings on your flank. The haft of the weapon hits the shield at the same time the sweet spot hits you. This causes the weapon to slow down and causes a glance.

Post-patch, same thing happens, but since it's harder to glance, it connects and does damage?

Anyway, that's just my crazy rambling for the night.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 06:11:10 am »
Naa, it is not. You got hits from weird angles, which should have been blocked.
Yes, that happens, and what is worse, sometimes the guy will put his model inside yours and will hit you coz his swing begins behind the shield.. cheap and weird.....
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 07:09:03 am »
Yes, that happens, and what is worse, sometimes the guy will put his model inside yours and will hit you coz his swing begins behind the shield.. cheap and weird.....

That bug is old though...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 08:47:43 am »
I've been getting hit from the sides quite a lot lately, but I assumed that was just due to me having 4 shield skill. I don't think they actually changed anything about shields in this patch aside from slots.
Don't.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 04:11:50 pm »
I've been getting hit from the sides quite a lot lately, but I assumed that was just due to me having 4 shield skill. I don't think they actually changed anything about shields in this patch aside from slots.

Pretty much this. My 4 Shield skill Knightly Kite Shield user is still having to have perfect footwork, and my 5 Shield skill Huscarl has a forcefield. Seems normal.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 05:34:18 pm »
I had this before the latest patch as well.
At first i thought it had something to do with the buckler, but then i had the same issue with the bigger round shields, too.

These are my two major "wth" moments.

1.) This happens sometimes, if i try to get past someone at a quite close distance. Could be a clipping issue, because i have this sometimes against extreme facehuggers as well.

2.) Here i have no clue. The opponent stands at my side and performs a wide swing, which goes through my shield and hits me.
Maybe it is the same think like with the kicks.
The others say that they have hit me, while i have seen them miss.

Anyway, my main gripe is still, that my shield becomes non-existent when i release the right mouse button. I whish that there would be something like a negative block delay.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 08:19:06 pm »
Anyway, my main gripe is still, that my shield becomes non-existent when i release the right mouse button. I whish that there would be something like a negative block delay.

This would be cool, only if manual blocking carried the same bonus.

I've never seen you in game before, but you must not be the best of players. I do just fine on my sword/shield main.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Gortha

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 09:06:03 pm »
Naa, it is not. You got hits from weird angles, which should have been blocked.

this!

Offline Gortha

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 09:10:46 pm »
You may be terrible, but that doesn't make it broken. 1-handers got a HUGE buff with this latest patch even. If you know what you are doing, you can be ridiculously powerful as a shielder.

1-handers are overall the fastest weapons in the game and now it's incredibly rare that you glance. Not to mention that you get a shield which blocks EVERYTHING from your front facing. How is this bad?

Which BUFF!? What the FUCK!!!

- We are hit from rediculous angles from guys which are in front of us.
- Recover Time is slower IMHO.
- Shield Sizes got Nerfed. .... my Huscarls is only 84!! it was 100! It cover like shit now.
- Shielding is slower than before

We got no where a buff. No more speed. No more reach. No Shieldbash....*lol. I even feel slower because weight of the Huscalrs
seems to be a bigger burden now, i think the Movementspeed/Weight-Formula got changed...

Troll somewhere else please. You got no clue how we got nerfed with the last Version!

Offline Gortha

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 09:13:18 pm »
Pretty much this. My 4 Shield skill Knightly Kite Shield user is still having to have perfect footwork, and my 5 Shield skill Huscarl has a forcefield. Seems normal.

I got a build with 7 in Shield.

I noticed a very big difference!