Author Topic: Shields got nerfed way too much....  (Read 5908 times)

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
Re: Shields got nerfed way too much....
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2011, 08:42:17 pm »
The more I play the more I have noticed weird stuff happening to me. Playing the last couple of days as a shielder, I've been outspammed by big heavy unbalanced weapons, which have struck again before I can counter despite having a speed 100 shield and speed 102 liuyedao, I've had an axe swing go right through my shield even though my shield was facing him and my hand was on the RMB and I've had a crossbow bolt ignore my raised shield and kill me as I climbed a ladder, thus making a foot shot extremely unlikely.

Other shielders with problems, what shields are you using? Could some models be bugged?
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2011, 02:45:55 am »
Your blocktiming could be bad?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2011, 08:46:41 am »
The more I play the more I have noticed weird stuff happening to me. Playing the last couple of days as a shielder, I've been outspammed by big heavy unbalanced weapons, which have struck again before I can counter despite having a speed 100 shield and speed 102 liuyedao, I've had an axe swing go right through my shield even though my shield was facing him and my hand was on the RMB and I've had a crossbow bolt ignore my raised shield and kill me as I climbed a ladder, thus making a foot shot extremely unlikely.

Other shielders with problems, what shields are you using? Could some models be bugged?

No, what you experienced is either hiltslashing (someone was really hugging you hard when he swung, actually missing your shield and hitting you) or your block timing was bad. It was probably the second one.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2011, 01:21:41 pm »
Not in the case of the axe... I've switched to a heavy round shield and find it's much more effective. Hmm.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2011, 01:42:00 pm »
Most likely because round shields have way better side protection than non-round shields.

I think you should improve your:
-timing with blocks. keep in mind that if you lower the shield for split second when someone feint you, thanks to shield animation you'll be most likely hit
-positioning the shield. you didn't raised the shield when xbow was shooting you in yer face, and you were most likely hit from side with the axe.
-learn how to deal with heavy weapon stunning you and range, you have to know when you can strike back and when you can't.
-learn footwork
-learn striking with the weapon timing

Shields are fine, i use knightly kite shield, and if i die i know i behaved like a donkey.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2011, 04:21:52 pm »
Most likely because round shields have way better side protection than non-round shields.

I think you should improve your:
-timing with blocks. keep in mind that if you lower the shield for split second when someone feint you, thanks to shield animation you'll be most likely hit
-positioning the shield. you didn't raised the shield when xbow was shooting you in yer face, and you were most likely hit from side with the axe.
No; I may be rusty with shield use but I'm not such a noob as that: my hand never left the RMB. The axe was swinging right into my shield, it was a readied attack I saw coming. The crossbow wasn't a headshot and because of the angle would be very unlikely to be a foot shot - I was coming up some stairs - and it wasn't close enough that the crossbow could have glitched and poked through the shield or anything. It was just weird.

I'm still interested to know what types of shields give occasional trouble, if there's a "floor" for shield size below which things stop working properly some of the time. Mala uses a buckler, for instance.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2011, 04:59:45 pm »
Well, i got headshots, when i have used a huscarl at point blank range as well.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2011, 05:17:48 pm »
I've had a crossbow bolt ignore my raised shield and kill me as I climbed a ladder, thus making a foot shot extremely unlikely.

I've seen that multiple times, crossbow bolt passing straight through held shield. No way to go around it graphically. Well, there is the "punch through shield" thingy but it looked more like ghosting through the shield. But I've also had attacks going through regular held blocks i.e. lancer attacking me I keep downblock, his first attack is blocked then he comes back and hits me through the block, but I never released it. Of course there's also the issue of shots passing through the head of people.