Author Topic: Version 0.231  (Read 32328 times)

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
Re: Version 0.231
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »
I don't remember for the old missile speed, but damage wasn't changed for the arbalest.

Arbalest damage went up, bolt damage went down. So it's still the same

Other crossbow damage didn't change. So with the bolt change, they do less damage.

Old crossbow heirloom had speed bonus, now masterwork crossbow are the same speed as a normal one.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:33:38 pm by Dach »
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2011, 10:43:33 pm »
Soak was decreased, reduction was increased. Reduced soak means almost no bounces for lower damage weapons like 1h. Don't take it wrong, bounces caused by bad positioning are not affected by this, only bounces caused by high armor. Increased reduction means high damaging weapons like 2h and polearms deal less damage on armor, while 1h deal the same damage as before.

what effect do these changes on cut,blunt and piercing have? still a difference?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Leithlen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Devout_Leithlen
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2011, 10:48:19 pm »
+3
Great work on the quick hotfix developers.

Some of you complain and freak out FAR too much...  This is a free-to-play mod for a niche game developed by a few people in their spare time and yet the game is more balanced and the developer group has responded faster with a hotfix than just about any large MMORPG that I've ever played.  The patch was released yesterday and they've already tweaked half of it today.  What the hell more do you want?  Seriously - chill out, get a beer, get a life, get a girl (or boy, whichever) and take a night off if you're so upset about a few changes.  If a night (or hell, even a week/month) away from C-RPG is that terrible for you to even consider, then you really need to take a good look at your life and your priorities...  No one wants to see C-RPG suffer a loss of players, least of all the guys working thanklessly for hours on the code.  It's not like they're getting paid for this.

So, feel free to state what you do or don't like about changes, but for the sake of sanity, make sure that you state WHY (see Keshian's post on Bow Changes - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,10122.0.html) and, also, realize that changes aren't always going to be instantanious.  Give the guys a few weeks.  Not everything that gets changed is going to make sense to everyone and there are probably many bugs and unintended consequences with every patch, but seriously, there has been far too much outcry on these forums for 1 day after a patch.  I fully expected to see a lot of "don't like this" or "this went too far" posts today, as I personally feel that a lot of the changes went a bit too far, but I'm really suprised to see so many people having emotional fits over a change to a free mod...

Here's hoping that the hotfix changes cool down a few hot heads and that the remaining things can be tweaked into intended ranges.
Leithlen
Order of the Holy Guard

Offline Akincibegi

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Akincibegi and a lot of alts
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2011, 10:52:07 pm »
i wish they ll sent another hotfix for bug at loginin site.im praying the gods of crpg

Offline DefMars

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2011, 10:54:51 pm »
servers are still running 0.230 when will they be updated so i can play with the new version?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2011, 10:57:44 pm »
Repair cost was increased by 2%, break chance was decreased by 1%. I really can't spot the drama.
460 or something to 586 for my miaodao. Thats not 2 percent.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2011, 10:59:28 pm »
+1
Great work on the quick hotfix developers.

Some of you complain and freak out FAR too much...  This is a free-to-play mod for a niche game developed by a few people in their spare time and yet the game is more balanced and the developer group has responded faster with a hotfix than just about any large MMORPG that I've ever played.  The patch was released yesterday and they've already tweaked half of it today.  What the hell more do you want?  Seriously - chill out, get a beer, get a life, get a girl (or boy, whichever) and take a night off if you're so upset about a few changes.  If a night (or hell, even a week/month) away from C-RPG is that terrible for you to even consider, then you really need to take a good look at your life and your priorities...  No one wants to see C-RPG suffer a loss of players, least of all the guys working thanklessly for hours on the code.  It's not like they're getting paid for this.

So, feel free to state what you do or don't like about changes, but for the sake of sanity, make sure that you state WHY (see Keshian's post on Bow Changes - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,10122.0.html) and, also, realize that changes aren't always going to be instantanious.  Give the guys a few weeks.  Not everything that gets changed is going to make sense to everyone and there are probably many bugs and unintended consequences with every patch, but seriously, there has been far too much outcry on these forums for 1 day after a patch.  I fully expected to see a lot of "don't like this" or "this went too far" posts today, as I personally feel that a lot of the changes went a bit too far, but I'm really suprised to see so many people having emotional fits over a change to a free mod...

Here's hoping that the hotfix changes cool down a few hot heads and that the remaining things can be tweaked into intended ranges.

By the way that got fixed in the hotfix, there was an unexpected bug where bows were ignoring armor in calculating damage.  There is still aslight speed bonus boost to damage more than before, but its not ridiculous the way it was when it was bugged.  Nice job, guys, thanks for the hard work within a day of it coming out.

Sgt. Teeth, have you tested it on a server where the hotfix has been implemented (EU1)?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:00:36 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2011, 11:03:51 pm »
what effect do these changes on cut,blunt and piercing have? still a difference?

Yes, blunt and pierce are obviously more effective against armor then cut. I think pierce is better then blunt now; not sure though, better ask Urist for confirmation.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2011, 11:06:26 pm »
I'm going to post the same thing I did in the other thread right here again:

As an archer, arrow damage is absolutely absurd, and with the current projectile speed, I might as well be throwing the arrows with my hand, and that's what a thrown weapon is supposed to be for. This is different criticism than what a number of archers were saying about "QQ arrow speed is slow and it's harder to hit people." I have no problem with hitting people right now...in fact, I think it's a bit easier since there's much more room for lead. The projectile speed is just stupid slow right now. I'd really suggest some consideration for it, but maybe not back to what it was before.

Lancing seems pretty broken with the 40 degree nerf. Poking and coaching are effectively no different because of it...poking does less damage, though, and can't be blocked. Might as well just coach. The 90 degrees or whatever it was before was pretty extreme, and I would never suggest going back to that, but perhaps try 65 or something for the poke. Coaching seems fine where it is right now. Making coaching and poking locked in at 40 degrees completely obliterates the aspect of reach. I remember getting into a tight situation and would use a poke in someone's direction to try and discourage them from attacking. Right now it's looking like I should save up for the plated charger and get used to mindlessly charging into groups of people, lance coached....that is if I can afford it with the repair costs.

Just a suggestion, of course. No QQing here. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2011, 11:08:27 pm »
+1
460 or something to 586 for my miaodao. Thats not 2 percent.

Miaodao - base price 8376

Old upkeep 8376*0.05=418
New upkeep 8376*0.07=586

Guess what it's exactly 2%.

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2011, 11:10:51 pm »
Repair cost was increased by 2%, break chance was decreased by 1%. I really can't spot the drama.
why?

I paid for courser 990 and that was already much. By 0.230 i had to pay 1580, which is 600 (round it up) more. Courser breaks approximately once per map (5-7 rounds). If i play, say, 10 maps, it means that i lose additional 6k.
Not to mention other equipment.
Honestly, the old upkeep was FINE. I could afford heavy cav gear for a while and then i had to play as footman pikeman - to make money. I don't really understand the neccesity of raising upkeep. It hits only poor and mid-tier players and have absolutely no effect on rich players with 500k+ gold. Well, they might sooometimes get off their plated chargers but we still see them mostly playing in plate.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:13:31 pm by Felix »

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2011, 11:21:59 pm »
Repair cost was increased by 2%, break chance was decreased by 1%.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, this means that repairs cost 7% now and there's a 3% chance of breaking. Looking at the average repair cost per tick, this comes out to 0.07*0.03=0.0021 of your equipment loadout's total cost per tick. This can be compared previously to 0.05*0.04=0.0020, meaning that upkeep has been raised by 5%.

Assuming an average multiplier of 1.9375 (50% win rate), you should be able to sustain 46130 gold worth of equipment, compared to the previous sustainable level of 48438 gold, again a difference of 5%. If you win more than 50% of the time, you can sustain more, and conversely, if you lose more than 50%, you'll only be able to sustain less costly gear.

I'm assuming they gave a range of 5%-10% to account for arrows and low wpf weapons breaking more frequently.

Personally, I think the sustainable level of equipment should be even lower. I feel that strength builds on the whole outclass agility builds and any upkeep increases indirectly buff agility builds at the expense of strength builds. Anyway, if I wanted to increase upkeep, I would release a patch in which it was absurdly increased and then release a hotfix right after reducing it to the levels originally intended so that the bitter pill of increased upkeep goes down easier. Just sayin'. ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:32:40 pm by Panoply »

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2011, 11:34:29 pm »
New armor parameters for melee are a decent buff for 1handers, especially cutting type.

which is the lames type of damge anyway. also  the buff to light armor is lame as well. there already dex monkeys ruunning around like maniacs 1 shotting people with 2h even in heavy armor. and the steel shield thing makes 0 sense it should be lowered drastically in the marketplace now. your allready slow as fuck as a sword and boarder anyway. i had a guy do a feint and then another attack while in mid swing.  they always do this with mmo type of guys push people to one side. the throwing is ridicolous now. i dont know people think its plausible to throw shit so hard and far.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Loar Avel

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Lady_Marlyse
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2011, 11:39:44 pm »
Quote from: cmpxchg8b
- reverted back to old face models

Lie! Were is the green hair for my Lady Marlyse?

The world is split in two categorie.
The one digging, and the one with the loaded crossbow.

But never forget that the one digging, got a big shovel.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2011, 11:41:54 pm »
Miaodao - base price 8376

Old upkeep 8376*0.05=418
New upkeep 8376*0.07=586

Guess what it's exactly 2%.
Hehe, I understood that the repair price is 2% higher than it was previously, I already found it a very insignifant change. ^that makes a lot more sense.