Author Topic: New chadz Text found!  (Read 11853 times)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
Re: New chadz Text found!
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2011, 08:34:32 pm »
Maybe it's a random chance based on proximity to a high number of enemies, and low number of allies upon death once 2/3 of your team is gone. Like, charging superior forces alone as a last ditch effort = valor.

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdyxF6kIrlg
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2011, 02:05:21 am »
Maybe it's a random chance based on proximity to a high number of enemies, and low number of allies upon death once 2/3 of your team is gone. Like, charging superior forces alone as a last ditch effort = valor.

That sounds about right. I got it twice when I was one of the last 2-3 guys alive. I basically got gang raped, killed none of them, died, and got the message.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2011, 11:43:03 am »
It makes me sad that no one has commented on the epic youtube link displaying "magnificent valor".  :cry:

Offline BranStark

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BranStark_Astralis
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2011, 05:35:14 am »
I've never had this new text pop up, and I play every single day. Didn't have that problem with the old text, either.

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2011, 04:25:16 am »
+1
Alright, things that are true and/or happened alot in the chadztext:
-It's not kills related, as chadz stated.
-It's not damage related, as chadz stated.
-It seems it is only for the losing team.
-If you get it, you will not lose your multiplier, or gain a multiplier as okiN said.
-All the people who got it were the last guy alive OR one of the last guys alive.

Now, let's look at the text itself.
"Thy valour on the field of battle hath been rewarded"

What i think, is that you are courageous even when you are outnumbered. You try to even the odds again when you are losing, and your team is almost dead. Succeeding in that will reward your daring action with a multiplier/lesser multiplier penalty.
This makes people still to fight on, instead of to go kiting as an archer.

valour - the qualities of a hero or heroine; exceptional or heroic courage when facing danger (especially in battle); "he showed great heroism in battle"; "he received a medal for valor"
Heroïsm.

Sorry I am not believing it is not kill related.

Life of horse archers is hard, and their work is underappreciated. I consider it a good day when I dehorse 4 players, and pin down a top level cav man by forcing him to react and dodge my shots. I will often hit many and kill none, which is not a surprise given the low damage output of the HA. 0 kills, one extra death, since these dont count on that kill board. But hey, if dehorsing that star enemy cav saved 4-5 tin cans on my team, I am happy.

On bad days I might kill 2 afkers, and a peasant, making it 3 for my death. However, I still consider it a bad day if due to the lack of effective horse archers dehorsing enemy cav, too many tunnel visioners on your team died, causing a loss.

From my experience, I get valour for the bad days (multiple useless kills) especially since the team lost due to the enemy cav arm killing all the tunnel visioning tin cans. I never get valour for good days (dehorsing entire enemy team, last few arrows to pop a few shots from behind at archers, no kills, but team almost, almost got it, but lost for some reason, most likely ghosting).

Why am I being rewarded for NOT helping the team and pursuing my own +1 on the board? The times where I make a few afk and peasant kills and die leaves enemy cav free to roam and pick off tin cans, causing a crippling defeat, I get valour, while the times I dodge multiple lancers trying to trap me and shoot all the horses down, almost letting the team win, I do not get valour.

As a HA I am very sensitive to this. Most of the time when I suppress enemy cav, no valour. But when I go kill grubbing like those people who only care about KD I get valour. I can almost switch the valour message at will by altering my behavior. Kill grub=valour. Help team=sorry sucker.

Can we fix it so that doing the important things get valour, not the kill related things. I play for the team, not for the KD, and I could care less about Kd, mine or anyone elses. Like many statistics, it can be gamed, so I don't pay too much attention to it.

Now KD defenders might say those 3 peasants might have turned the tide. I say balderdash. If I down a hotshot cav while he is making an attack run, he gets mobbed and dies, thats good, since when I get forced into spec early I often watch these hotshots pick off guy after guy (4-8 kills etc, so people get more situational awareness). Even if he does not get mobbed and starts dueling, he might only get 3 kills without horse, yielding a net lives saved of 1-5 for example. One of these lives saved could be the hot shot tin can duelers, who could net 4 kills before dying. add these up for each cav you dehorse, and it is looking very significant.

In contrast, what could the 2 afkers and the peasant do?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:31:16 am by kongxinga »

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2011, 05:03:20 am »
As an archer I was surrounded by 4 guys, last alive, killed one, got message.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2011, 12:17:45 pm »
i got it twice in a row, saving my X5 twice on a single map. Both times i killed 4-5 people then get couched by this one really good cav. Its definitely kill related.

Offline Sarosu

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2011, 03:23:40 pm »
deleted
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:59:01 pm by Sarosu »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2011, 03:29:10 pm »

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdyxF6kIrlg

I got valor hiding in a cabbage shed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2011, 03:37:11 pm »
+1
Yeah, I know what you mean. Having experienced it more frequently, I got it as a peasant who got glitched and stuck in a bucket the whole round.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:23:06 pm by Heroin »

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2011, 05:23:29 pm »

Sorry I am not believing it is not kill related.
I would usually love watching you speculating and guessing around, but it might be dangerous if this rumor spreads: It's not kill related, because that would lead to killhunting And that's the last thing we want.

Now you can keep on speculating.

I don't think you can fight this :/. If he says it, he is either trolling or saying the truth. Since his other posts were also serious, i think he is saying the truth.

Life of horse archers is hard, and their work is underappreciated. I consider it a good day when I dehorse 4 players, and pin down a top level cav man by forcing him to react and dodge my shots. I will often hit many and kill none, which is not a surprise given the low damage output of the HA. 0 kills, one extra death, since these dont count on that kill board. But hey, if dehorsing that star enemy cav saved 4-5 tin cans on my team, I am happy.

On bad days I might kill 2 afkers, and a peasant, making it 3 for my death. However, I still consider it a bad day if due to the lack of effective horse archers dehorsing enemy cav, too many tunnel visioners on your team died, causing a loss.

From my experience, I get valour for the bad days (multiple useless kills) especially since the team lost due to the enemy cav arm killing all the tunnel visioning tin cans. I never get valour for good days (dehorsing entire enemy team, last few arrows to pop a few shots from behind at archers, no kills, but team almost, almost got it, but lost for some reason, most likely ghosting).

I have no explanation for your valour-experience. You have never gotten valour when you only dehorsed enemies? Have you dehorsed them when you were one of the last on your teams, or was it at the beginning or in the middle of the battle? You have to be atleast one of the last to be able to receive it. If you were dehorsing them when you were one of the last, maybe this doesn't count for horses. If that is so, they should fix it.

Why am I being rewarded for NOT helping the team and pursuing my own +1 on the board? The times where I make a few afk and peasant kills and die leaves enemy cav free to roam and pick off tin cans, causing a crippling defeat, I get valour, while the times I dodge multiple lancers trying to trap me and shoot all the horses down, almost letting the team win, I do not get valour.

As a HA I am very sensitive to this. Most of the time when I suppress enemy cav, no valour. But when I go kill grubbing like those people who only care about KD I get valour. I can almost switch the valour message at will by altering my behavior. Kill grub=valour. Help team=sorry sucker.

Can we fix it so that doing the important things get valour, not the kill related things. I play for the team, not for the KD, and I could care less about Kd, mine or anyone elses. Like many statistics, it can be gamed, so I don't pay too much attention to it.

Unless you are just very unlucky and never gotten it when you dehorsed people, i agree, fix it. I still don't think it is kill related because chadz said so, saying it would lead to killhunting, but maybe he forgot horses to influence it?

Now KD defenders might say those 3 peasants might have turned the tide. I say balderdash. If I down a hotshot cav while he is making an attack run, he gets mobbed and dies, thats good, since when I get forced into spec early I often watch these hotshots pick off guy after guy (4-8 kills etc, so people get more situational awareness). Even if he does not get mobbed and starts dueling, he might only get 3 kills without horse, yielding a net lives saved of 1-5 for example. One of these lives saved could be the hot shot tin can duelers, who could net 4 kills before dying. add these up for each cav you dehorse, and it is looking very significant.

Might i say you are doing a fine job as a HA?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:24:46 pm by Polobow »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2011, 05:40:58 pm »
+1
Well I think we can all agree that:

1- There is some random % chance factor
2- You typically will receive this towards the end of the round if you are one of the few remaining
3- You only get it when you lose the round

I'm generally getting kills when I'm the last alive or near the last, so when I get this I can't really differentiate.  Are there any instances of people getting this while NOT contributing to their team at the end? ie dying without getting hits in, or being afk and returning to see you got the message, etc?

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2011, 06:56:50 pm »
Are there any instances of people getting this while NOT contributing to their team at the end? ie dying without getting hits in, or being afk and returning to see you got the message, etc?
\

As I said in my previous post, I got this as a peasant, who got stuck in a bucket the entire round, never landed a single hit, and got shot at the end.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2011, 07:30:43 pm »
\

As I said in my previous post, I got this as a peasant, who got stuck in a bucket the entire round, never landed a single hit, and got shot at the end.

oh whoops, well there you go then.

(THAT is the definition of 'magnificent valor'!)
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2011, 01:15:43 am »
this is great, getting it all the time for running in in full plate with a flamberge when there's only a few of us left and defeat is certain. Stand there and get beaten around abit and get my valor rewarded, great!
Turtles