Author Topic: Archer build  (Read 6097 times)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Archer build
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 04:26:12 pm »
At level 31, you can have a 15/24 or an 18/21 build. IF can be neglected, as it only helps to keep you alive if you're wearing armor, otherwise you go down in 1 hit of a 2h or 2 hits of a 1h anyway, no matter your IF.
You can aim for 15/21, and decide later whether 15/24 or 18/21 is the better path. If you are too slow/inaccurate, do the former, or if you need more damage, do the latter.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:28:42 pm by zagibu »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 06:00:51 pm »
Gorath, sorry, Ive been trying to figure out how to post pics for a while now, cant figure out how as I hit the pic button and it just puts brackets in the text and I dont have pictures online with photo bucket or anything, just on my computer.

Also, i dont know if anyone noticed but the reticule size of the person with and without armor was if not exactly the same almost exactly the same.  Heavy armor has far far less impact on wpf post-patch, especially considering it was a higher nerf pre-patch for archers compared to other classes.

Having 1 powerdraw above your bow requirement shrinks your reticule size the equivalent of roughly adding 15 wpf and it also increases the length of time to which you can hold the smaller reticules, and increases the penetration power of your arrows with armor.

I just hit level 30 last night.  Played 1 round before typing this with masterwork warbow and double heirloomed bodkin arrows and 7 pd, 6 weaponmaster all in archery (154) (8 converted skill points) and went 6-0, it is highly effective because I would say 2/3rds were one-shot kills (mostly aiming at archers - lighter armor).  The reticule doesnt stay smaller for very long at all, you have to shoot pretty much the moment the reticules reach their smaller sizes, but also slower to draw and shoot so good at long distance but if you get too close to most other archers you would face a real issue where they can shoot you over and over again disrupting your shot before completed (like a xbower trying to reload).  With only 6 powerdraw the picture of that size reticule earlier is only for 1/4 of a second or less, it goes wider reticule very very quickly.

Used my khergit bow the next round, actually enjoyed it more and got 3 kills before dying (had to shoot people twice at least), faster draw speed, but also with 7 powerdraw you hold your shot for several seconds and still get decent aim without the arrow shanking and you can shoot someone without standing still so long that you get shot in return.

The thing is using a warbow or a longbow if you want takes you almsot to level 30 before being able to use without a lot of arrow shanking wide of where you aimed and with level 30 and 8 converted skill points you reach a highly effective build.  But for the fun of using a bow up until level 30 and even after in many battle rather then siege situations, the "lesser" nomad, khergit, and strong bows are highly effective.  Also, using a warbow/longbow requires almost no deviation from a pretty specific build, whereas using a khergit you can have fun with a lot of variation like with Gorath's and Bruce's builds.  There is no wrong answer,  a lot depends on your style of play.

If you are more camping/siege style archer who doesnt move after shots then warbow may be the way to go, if you are a skirmisher and open to occasionally meleeing then khergit/strong bow would probably be better and using the extra skill pints to make you a  better melee fighter.

Hope this helps.

P.S.  If you were at all curious, my ideal archer build is 6 powerdraw with 7 weaponmaster and 7 athletics all wpf in archery using a triple heirloomed khergit bow.  Will take me quite a while to get there though.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:09:37 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Food

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FOOD, AnimeGirl, BONK_BRO, Spam_More
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 06:05:36 pm »
I am trying out a pure strength archer as a gimmick.  It's terrible. No one try this.
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 06:17:05 pm »
I am trying out a pure strength archer as a gimmick.  It's terrible. No one try this.

The wpf still effects reticule size and draw speed, accuracy, etc.  The thing with powerdraw is that it seems to be more like horsearchery where the higher your powerdraw above the bow you are using the less the penalty with a significant boost with 1 above, medium boost for 2 above, 3 above slight improvement, and 4 above almost negligible improvement.  Thats a effect on accuracy and reticule size, not on wpf as you shoot same speed regardless of powerdraw.  Would love to see some patch notes.....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:56:50 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Murthag

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murthag
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 11:10:27 pm »
Okay so PD made the aim smaller? this is not clear! They should update the crpg guide!

Offline TheClash

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 10:34:08 am »
hi guy,
after reading a lot about archery post, i think i found my answer  for my question before,
but actualy i change my mind about being a half archer melee

i'am looking for a pure archer build
Keshian please can u tell me wich template will have the most accuracy ?
i already know wich one will do the most damage, but if he is also have the best accuracy :shock:
(i use http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm )

Level 30
Strength: 18
Agility: 21
Converted: 8
Ironflesh: 3
Athletics: 7
Power Draw: 6
Weapon Master: 7
Archery: 164

Level 30
Strength: 21
Agility: 18
Converted: 8
Ironflesh: 4
Athletics: 6
Power Draw: 7
Weapon Master: 6
Archery: 156

both using a long/war bow !

thx by advance for your advice !

TheClash.
<<So close no matter how far>>

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 12:22:25 pm »
Current pure archer spec:
If i manage to grind upto L32 i'll get 9WM.

Age   45 [30]
Strength   18   
Agility   25
Archery   172   
Ironflesh   0   
Power Strike   0   
Shield   0   
Athletics   1   
Riding   0   
Horse Archery   0   
Power Draw   6   
Power Throw   0   
Weapon master *   8

Bow:
Strong War Bow
weight 1.5
requirement 6
spd rtng 59
shoot speed 62
thrust damage 28 cut
accuracy 96

Reticule:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

I wish i didnt convert so many points, with 1ath most of light infantry can catch up with me, and im preety much done for in melee.
Good luck with your build, dont forget ath! :/

Offline TheClash

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 01:49:43 pm »
after some test,

atm i'am
lvl 19
12  str
15 agi
5 atlhetics
5 weaponmaster
4powerdraw
134 archery wpf

i begin to see a little diference when i test using a nomad(3pd) and a kergit(4pd) !

i'am a little bit more accurate with the nomad who need only 3 pd

but i have the same wpf...

so its good to have more pd than the requirement of your bow

...dont know if at our lvl max, better to have 8pd but not much wpf ...

thx Mtemtko for your screenshot, 172 wpf and u got only this accuracy !  :?

i want a sniper :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:54:36 pm by TheClash »
<<So close no matter how far>>

Offline BD_SUPERBEAST

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warpigs_BD_Superbeast
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 05:12:34 pm »
Lvl 31

Str 15
Agi 24

Wpf : 160 archery.
         70   2h (aprox,maybe more,im still lvl 30 in my archer alt)

PS 5
PD 5
Athletics 8
Wm 8

Strong bow. Great Sword. Can use danish great sword also if you gotta deal with multiple cavs around so you have to put your bow out. Or 2 handed sword/katana if the map has little open space.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:18:23 pm by BD_SUPERBEAST »

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 05:41:34 pm »
I reckon, if what Kesh says is correct, the best "pure" archer build would be:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Hit points: 56

Strength: 21
Agility: 21

Converted: 14

Athletics: 3
Power Draw: 7
Weapon Master: 7

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 06:00:15 pm »
Lvl 31

Str 15
Agi 24

Wpf : 160 archery.
         70   2h (aprox,maybe more,im still lvl 30 in my archer alt)

PS 5
PD 5
Athletics 8
Wm 8

Strong bow. Great Sword. Can use danish great sword also if you gotta deal with multiple cavs around so you have to put your bow out. Or 2 handed sword/katana if the map has little open space.

This is the build I'm going with. You have to use the turn 2 skill points into 1 attribute points feature to get there (I think twice)
I'm going with 100 wpf in polearms It takes a few arrows to take down a charging horse, and with the new animation, they can close a lot of distance before you can get an arrow off. So I figured out the new effective range and draw out the Bec when they are too close. I think may lose 10 wpf on the archer side, maybe 15, but Im pretty happy with where I am right now. (On an aside, I hear wpf was locked at 150 anyhow?) Ive got the PD 5 and working on agility. Archery wpf is at 125 and it makes an effective mid-range weapon. 15/24 to get 8 athletics and improved speed is well worth it.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln