Author Topic: Round bonus modifier adjustment  (Read 922 times)

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
Round bonus modifier adjustment
« on: January 13, 2011, 04:11:59 am »
IMO the round multiplier is too high.  x5 xp is really nice when you get it, but rather over the top imo.  I'd like to see base gold upped slightly and the following done: make the multiplier increase by .75 (or thereabouts) each time you win.  So first time is x1, win and you get x1.75, win again and you get x2.5, win again and you get x3.25, et cetra.  This would tone down the massive win bonus a bit but still give a lot of incentive to win.

I've also heard people ask for it to cap at x3, which might be a good idea too.  What does the community think?
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline panderson

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The White Company
  • Game nicks: Pandersonsonsonsonson_WCo
  • IRC nick: Panderson
Re: Round bonus modifier adjustment
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:02:57 am »
sHHHH.

But seriously, as rarely as I get x5, I don't see it as being a problem.  Furthermore, I am still losing gold since the patch has deployed.  I only equip 38k worth as cav and 20k as infantry. 

So I am not exactly going over the top, but I am still losing with the current levels of xp and gold.

Offline Welcome_To_Hell

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: nK / Northern Empire
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 04:36:51 pm »
Its fine, I would say increase the base XP by 500 and gold by 25.

Between level 1 and 30, x5 Multiplier is progressive, can actually see your char level.
It is how it should be.
But past 30, x5 does not even add any visual difference to the xp bar.

More fun, Less grind is my theory. Current system allows just that. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Offline Ramsay

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ramsay
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 04:58:04 pm »
Well the balance woud be off. If an average Joe runs around in 25k worth of equip and statisticly he shuldnt be losing gold or gaining it (its just statistics no skill or luck related so dont go "I wear this and that and gain that much gold"). get the cap to x3 and the budget for stuff would go down to like >18k gold. Most people already whine about to high upkeep.  Besides its like asking your boss to pay you less :)

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:37:15 am »
Well the balance woud be off. If an average Joe runs around in 25k worth of equip and statisticly he shuldnt be losing gold or gaining it (its just statistics no skill or luck related so dont go "I wear this and that and gain that much gold"). get the cap to x3 and the budget for stuff would go down to like >18k gold. Most people already whine about to high upkeep.  Besides its like asking your boss to pay you less :)

Quote from: me
I'd like to see base gold upped slightly and the following done...
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 01:08:44 am »
IMO the round multiplier is too high.  x5 xp is really nice when you get it, but rather over the top imo.  I'd like to see base gold upped slightly and the following done: make the multiplier increase by .75 (or thereabouts) each time you win.  So first time is x1, win and you get x1.75, win again and you get x2.5, win again and you get x3.25, et cetra.  This would tone down the massive win bonus a bit but still give a lot of incentive to win.

I've also heard people ask for it to cap at x3, which might be a good idea too.  What does the community think?

Cap at 3x, make a loss drop your multiplier by 1x, not down to 1x.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg