Author Topic: Hello everybody, new here!  (Read 349 times)

Offline Whipkickin

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hello everybody, new here!
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:13:23 pm »
Hi all, I am new here, I enjoy the game so far, but it is impossible to compete starting out...

I get a cleaver that you cannot block with, and also some club that just bounces off peoples armor and hits me in the face, lol..

Anyways, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Hello everybody, new here!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 10:29:20 pm »
+2
Try a skip the fun character: Instant level 30.
Do a typical build like 24/15 and you'll like it a lot better. Read some basic melee guides and watch the best players fight and try to emulate them.
Don't hold your mouse sideways, you'll end up blocking stuff incorrectly. Most people hold it tilted to the left pretty severely. It makes you want to move in diagonals.
Don't tap for blocks. When you block, hold the right mouse button down until you block their hit. Otherwise held attacks will kill you.
Swing back as soon as you HEAR them get blocked. Do not use eyesight for blocking. Use your hearing.
TRY TO KEEP THE ENEMY IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SCREEN. They can't circle spam / double swing on you then.
[Or turn into your attacks, you'll figure that out]
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
If you find 24/15 too slow, go for something with less str and more agi. Although you'll think everyone is faster than you when you are new. If you tihkn you don't do enough damage, try more str and less agi.

Armor wise? Try something medium-ish like tunic over mail with mail mittens. You'll survive a few hits while not being too slown down. Adjust for playstyle.

Best of luck to you.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:31:10 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.