Author Topic: Reparing items  (Read 596 times)

Offline ManyPopes

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Reparing items
« on: June 30, 2011, 04:39:10 pm »
I really have trouble affording item repairs.. Like, my gold never gets above 1000 much because of repairing armour and weapons.

Is there any way to save money on repairs?
Should I avoid taking a bow as well as my sword?
Is there any way to reduce damage done to items?

Also, I turned off automatic item repair so I could prioritise fixing certain items, but it takes ages for things to update in-game. Any way around this?

Thankyou :)

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Reparing items
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 05:03:11 pm »
check on your equipment site screen how much worth your total equipment, you should gain money with less than 35-40k.
You can also run some rounds with peasant gear to make some gold.

Btw, beware you only earn 1/3 of gold in DTV mod.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Reparing items
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 09:27:27 pm »
drop items that you owned but are NOT using in the game.  IE...2nd round on defense you spawn with crossbow but need to melee near flag.  Every minute you hold an item you own there is chance you'll need to repair it.

You can save ALOT of money savaging shields and weapons from fallen enemies.  Spawn with a cheap decent weapon (short sword, shaska, short spear, bastard sword, etc) and then drop it when you come across something better.

DROP STOLEN WEAPONS at the end of the round/before the start of next round, or you may be charged to repair them as well.

Wear light armor while you save money.  1st gen is very painful, as you have to spend money to buy new gear all the time + repair what you're using.  The Gambesons are great armor for the money.  Dont wear expensive foot/hand/head armor either.  Something light but not useless, any of the leather armors are decent.