Author Topic: [RP]Greeting a Monarch?  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
[RP]Greeting a Monarch?
« on: June 30, 2011, 12:26:49 am »
Your Grace, Your Highness, Your Eminence, Your Excellency, these are words that I often use to greet people who titled themselves in monarch when it comes to RP in any game.

But considering that I have not joined any faction, meeting 'Kings' such as Reinhardt, Trebor, or UGBERT without serving under them got me hesitant whether or not to use Your Highness whenever responding to them in-game, and calling out my King is just not appropriate for a freelancer, I suppose?

Just wondering, if any English gurus out there can clarify these for me I'd be grateful.

Offline bigamous_bad_wolf

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • From Hell's heart I stab at thee
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Big, Wolf, Ultrasexymegabeast
Re: [RP]Greeting a Monarch?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 04:35:30 am »
I usually say, "whazzup dude?"  If I'm feeling formal I'll great them as "man" or "chicka."

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 07:05:32 am »
I usually say, "whazzup dude?"  If I'm feeling formal I'll great them as "man" or "chicka."

Very roleplayish of you, good sir.

To Gearhardt: Well, you could always join a faction. ^^

Or choose from any of the above. Being referred to in a roleplaying manner is usually a "+" for anybody roleplaying a position of King/Lord/Knight/etc.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:06:37 am by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 08:06:23 am »
Recently a guy from Texas addressed me as "sir Gnjus" and asked me if he can join the Bandits.  :)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 08:50:16 am »
Your Grace, Your Highness, Your Eminence, Your Excellency, these are words that I often use to greet people who titled themselves in monarch when it comes to RP in any game.

But considering that I have not joined any faction, meeting 'Kings' such as Reinhardt, Trebor, or UGBERT without serving under them got me hesitant whether or not to use Your Highness whenever responding to them in-game, and calling out my King is just not appropriate for a freelancer, I suppose?

Just wondering, if any English gurus out there can clarify these for me I'd be grateful.
"Your majesty" is a standard, I think.
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 10:10:20 am »
Liege sounds pretty cool...If you want to rain on some parades you can go with Grand Poobah!
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:59:46 pm »
And here I thought I'd receive more response stating something like "Get a life, nerd" or "Get lost, freak"

But I guess I'm wrong :lol:

I guess everyone's got their styles of RP.

To Gearhardt: Well, you could always join a faction. ^^

Or choose from any of the above. Being referred to in a roleplaying manner is usually a "+" for anybody roleplaying a position of King/Lord/Knight/etc.
True, but I don't know why I just don't feel like getting myself affiliated with factions. I guess I have to make due with the lite-RP they have in-game, and those troll responses :?.

Recently a guy from Texas addressed me as "sir Gnjus" and asked me if he can join the Bandits.  :)
Sounds more like RP with a purpose of buttering up.. But it never hurts being respectful.

"Your majesty" is a standard, I think.
The possibilities are limitless!

Liege sounds pretty cool...If you want to rain on some parades you can go with Grand Poobah!
Lol, I just want to have lite-RP in cRPG, I don't think I can withstand too much of those cheesy lines and self-absorbed haughty stuff.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 11:05:13 pm »
True, but I don't know why I just don't feel like getting myself affiliated with factions. I guess I have to make due with the lite-RP they have in-game, and those troll responses :?.

Factions are great if you just step into the world of them. ^_^
"A leader is a dealer in hope."