Author Topic: Huscarl Shield  (Read 901 times)

Offline Jetsam

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Quik_MB
Huscarl Shield
« on: July 03, 2011, 05:26:00 pm »
I've noticed that on the website the Huscarl shows as taking up only 1 slot. Yet, in game it actually takes up 2 slots, I haven't tried with other shields, but I know some of the lighter, smaller shields only count as 1.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: Huscarl Shield
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 11:20:43 pm »
Oh, never noticed indeed. Well, same for all other 2 slots shields it seems. It's not taken into account.
But it's just a bug on the cRPG page, it's supposed to take 2 slots ingame, and it does.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Jetsam

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Quik_MB
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 02:34:23 am »
I guess I don't understand why the huscarl would be 2 slots and other shields would not be. You hold them with 1 hand, and they're all stored on your back when you put them away.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 07:38:36 am »
I guess I don't understand why the huscarl would be 2 slots and other shields would not be. You hold them with 1 hand, and they're all stored on your back when you put them away.

Well, it's not about realism, but balance.  Huscarl has a bigass forcefield and is one of the high end shields, therefore gets 2 slots.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 11:55:47 am »
as said Vibe, it´s a matter of balance, means you can´t take a huscarl and another big/good weapon (Xbow, polearm). In this way only pure 1handed can wear a huscarl.