Author Topic: GK_Lorden leecher-hunter-douchebag  (Read 1764 times)

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
GK_Lorden leecher-hunter-douchebag
« on: June 22, 2011, 06:52:05 am »
Provokes people by leecher-accusing any who stand still for more than 10 seconds.

He's done it at least 2 times to me that I can remember, maybe more (days apart), and I'm sure done it to others.
The latest was when I just spawned at the START OF A NEW ROUND, as attacker...
I stood there typing for 10 seconds and he accuses me.
I know he did it on purpose because I saw him run specifically up to me (i was one of the few not moving), and stand there for 5 seconds then accuse me.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:59:24 am by chaosegg »
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
Re: GK_Lorden leecher-hunter-douchebag
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:11:11 am »
I had many reports of GK players reporting players while fighting them ...

If he reported you because you were 10 seconds without moving , just press "m" and make him lose his multiplier .. he'll eventually get kicked if he goes to 0x (or if he's a 0 and report .. not sure which one but he'll end up kicked).

He was in his rights to report you if you were at spawn or facing a corner .. but if he saw you moving and suddenly stop for a few seconds , then it's obvious you,re typing or doing something quick ...

Although after seeing the screenshot, it seems he reported you at the beginning of the round (which many people do, hoping people won't press "m" and get kicked, that way they get +1x multiplier). The question is, how long were you in the spawn when he reported you.. if it's instant than it might deserve a warning, but if you were typing at the beginning of the round, he might have taken you as a leecher or AFK that wasn't moving before the end of the round .. tricky situation

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 07:14:31 am »
seeing someone motionless is hardly grounds for being a douchebag.  I nail leechers all the time.  Accusing someone thats in battle is a different story, but getting rid of people that arent contributing is GREAT. 

So much better play without leechers than the previous version where 5+ ppl wouldnt be doing shit for their team at a time.

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:41:27 am »
I believe the penalty for reporting leechers and having them respond to the report was recently removed Sphinx. It'd be great if they could get rid of the benefit, too, it's annoying enough to have someone erroneously report you when you're just standing at the flag because that's where you should be, but I can never forget the time bigsandwich was kicked mid-combat as the last player on our team when he was about to win out of my mind. :/

That said, quit being a douche with QML Levy. D: As there are no deaths in the log, it's a fair assumption it happened within the first 20 seconds of round time, and judging by the "delivered 0 damage", it was likely in the awful maze map that everyone hates, as a defender.

edit: tested, verified, kept modifier on a failed report
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:05:48 pm by Ufthak »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 02:38:45 pm »
Yeah, jeeze, give people a break, leech-accusal-spammers. Use, don't abuse. If a dude is motionless at spawn, wait until you die. If he's still there on your respawn (and it wasn't a ridiculously short, 20-30 second life), then drop the QML. Seems like common sense to me.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline HentziTheHun

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_HentziTheHun
  • IRC nick: HentziTheHun
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 03:26:52 pm »
You mean the american GKs:) not the Great Khans. Just to make it clear.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 07:03:26 pm »
As there are no deaths in the log, it's a fair assumption it happened within the first 20 seconds of round time, and judging by the "delivered 0 damage", it was likely in the awful maze map that everyone hates, as a defender.

There are deaths , look at all the names at the top. It means they've been switched because the round ended .. and not much actions happened afterward.

Admins often use alts, don't think you're always safe to act like a **** (generally speaking). so if he keeps abusing (if he was), we'll catch him

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 07:10:30 pm »
I typically have a policy of at 2 leech complaints on 1 person I give a warning then the 3rd complaint from different person = kick 3 more = temp ban then perm ban.  Best way to deal with people who abuse leech is report them in ichat

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 07:17:50 pm »
You mean the american GKs:) not the Great Khans. Just to make it clear.

Yes. Golden Kingdom.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 08:10:51 pm »
Sorry, I was unclear - I meant there's no deaths from combat BEFORE the leech messages, like you said.

I don't think Levy was trying to abuse it, but rather using it thoughtlessly to clarify on that as well. (like most people that aren't LLJK)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:18:35 pm by Ufthak »

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 12:18:23 am »
Need better screenshots