Author Topic: Add HPs to Char Page and Armor/Dmg to Equip Screen on Website  (Read 498 times)

Offline runemaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vic_Rattlehead
On the cRPG website, I think it would be neat if your base hps displayed on the character stats screen, and also on the equip screen if it would total up your armor and damage depending on your stats and equipment.

I'm not sure if that would be hard to do and it's certainly not the highest priority, but it would be a nice feature.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Add HPs to Char Page and Armor/Dmg to Equip Screen on Website
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:23:17 pm »
HP would be nice.
35+STR+2*IF should not be that hard to display, psh psh psh...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline runemaster

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:49:23 pm »
HP would be nice.
35+STR+2*IF should not be that hard to display, psh psh psh...

It seems easy to me, but I wouldn't want to be too presumptuous about coding a website, given my distinct lack of knowledge pertaining to the task.  But really, doesn't the armor and dmg thing sound neat too?

You could change out different armor and weapons and it would calculate your damage based on your skills and whatnot!

:D

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 12:10:36 am »
This would be great, actually, but they probably wont.  It seems like they have a vested interest in keeping those exact numbers a secret.

I would love it if they had an interface like every FPS game out there where they show you your damage, speed and health stats in a bar graph based on the equipment you are using.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline runemaster

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 12:22:06 am »
Yes, it does seem that way to me too, jspook, although I'm not sure precisely why. In my experience, other very competitive pvp-oriented online games where you build your character have been quite specific about exactly what every skill or equipment stat point does.

You just reminded me - and I am sure this is not possible - but imagine if they could make it to where your damage appeared in classic video-game-floaty-number-style during combat, any time you hit someone.  Oh man, would I like to have that feature.