Author Topic: Map Statistics  (Read 500 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Map Statistics
« on: June 09, 2011, 11:30:56 pm »
I just had an idea. It is obvious that some of the battle maps are unbalanced, and that statistics about which teams depending on the spawn usually win. This could be easily done, even without programming, with admins making notes for 7-10 days. I think that something like this could be very useful for map changing, since there are maps regularly ending with 5:0.
Just my 2 cents.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Map Statistics
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 12:08:40 am »
Dont even need to have stats to know how horrible some maps are

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:11:09 am »
I just had an idea. It is obvious that some of the battle maps are unbalanced, and that statistics about which teams depending on the spawn usually win. This could be easily done, even without programming, with admins making notes for 7-10 days. I think that something like this could be very useful for map changing, since there are maps regularly ending with 5:0.
Just my 2 cents.

This would be amazing, I would love this.
Also something like what TFO server had for player stats would be nice, a record of how many kills using what you have, and how many deaths using what has killed you.

Every server needs this stuff. +1 to OP.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 12:58:54 am »
This would be amazing, I would love this.
Also something like what TFO server had for player stats would be nice, a record of how many kills using what you have, and how many deaths using what has killed you.

Every server needs this stuff. +1 to OP.

Yeah, what chadz_of_Destiny said.  I think it would also be worthwhile, if we had both kill stats and map win stats, to see statistically how much different builds affect different maps.  I'm thinking primarily of cavalry players on cav maps where, in an almost incomparable way, they can dominate with up to 80% of map kills (it seems).  Once we have these in hand we can exorcise maps with extreme build-based biases along with the maps with significant spawn biases.

+1 to OP + chadz