Author Topic: Weather and Time of Day  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Re: Weather and Time of Day
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 01:31:28 am »
Oh cmon, no, not this shit again.

It was nice to play without having to ruin my eyes and getting a headache.

Also, its kinda hard to block when its so dark and stuff. Well, on the other hand, being in the Ninja team would perhaps not mean an auto-defeat, since their spam gets another buff when its harder to see their swings. But again, still a 50 % chance to get their swings even if you dont see anything. So no, not worth it, def not.

Why do you want to ruin the fun for everyone else just because you have a shitty monitor?
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 12:53:40 pm »
seriously ? it was removed because some people had problems with seeing stuff ? oO

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 01:57:00 pm »
seriously ? it was removed because some people had problems with seeing stuff ? oO

No, it was a bug. We never intended to remove it (and yes, it will stay).

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 02:24:01 pm »
Maybe it's just unlucky computer placement, but a night map when it's actually 2pm means I can't see shit.
take torch  :arrow: 8-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 02:51:04 pm »
Why do you want to ruin the fun for everyone else just because you have a shitty monitor?

Everyone else? Its not just me, a lot of people hate it.

Some ( a few) people like it.

If there was a (one) daylight server this server would be full all the time, while the servers with darkness were crowded with a few freaks.

Sounds fair for everyone to me.

However, cmp made their opinion pretty clear.

I ll hope for the next bug then.

Maybe it's just unlucky computer placement, but a night map when it's actually 2pm means I can't see shit.

The point is that those Nerds and freaks who love it sit in a dark room anyway, so they dont care. Normal people that want to have some daylight in their room, well, who cares about normal people as long the freaks are happy.

Also, its just insane, cos everyone, including the freaks, hax around, so that night isnt really dark any more. Same for heavy fog. I cant see anything, but some archer have 15 hits in a round, although they are supposed to suffer the most. So obviously there is a way to fix it, so that some people can see perfectly clear, while others ruin their eyes.

Whatever. cmp clarified it. I wont play that damn game. If I have the time, I ll play when its daylight on the servers, otherwise I will flame and spam the forums. lol
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:59:54 pm by Michael »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jago

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jago
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 03:07:54 pm »
Most of the time, it is day, dusk or dawn. Rarely is it night. If you don't like night, don't play during it. Its that simple. Do something else. The rest of us will enjoy the variation of play that poor visibility causes. Stop whining and learn to adapt. Also, don't be a cheater and try to hack it with gamma and messing with graphics settings. If you are going to play the game, play it how it is and stop whining about it.