Author Topic: Trouble Heirlooming a Marketplace Purchased Item  (Read 584 times)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Trouble Heirlooming a Marketplace Purchased Item
« on: June 03, 2011, 09:20:06 pm »
Hello,

I recently purchased some sharp (+2) bodkin arrows from the market in a trade.  I am 80k xp from 31 and retiring, and was hoping to masterwork the arrows.  However, while I see the arrows in my equipment screen and can equip them normally they do not show up as an option to heirloom when I go to the retirement screen.  I know I'm not lvl 31 yet, but generally you can see the equipment in the retirement screen that you have the ability to heirloom. Being bodkin arrows there shouldn't be any character requirements barring me from seeing them.

I'm concerned they will remain unable to heirloom when I hit 31, and I'd really like to get them masterworked for my archer gen (next).

I've seen some similar threads to mine, but I didn't see any official responses so I'd rather not do anything until hearing back.  I do now have 2 sets of bodkin arrows in my inventory (1 'normal' and the recently purchased '+2' bodkins) which someone had mentioned could be the culprit, if that helps.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Deadlysiins

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hosptailler
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Deadlysiins, Annoying_Crossbro, KK_AsianPursuation
Re: Trouble Heirlooming a Marketplace Purchased Item
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 10:16:03 pm »
Did you have Regular Bodkins? If you did then that is your problem, i think you must sell the reg bodkins, but it is risky
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 12:56:15 am »
Yes I have regular bodkins AND the +2 heirloomed bodkins.

It's the risk thing I'm worried about, since I've heard that people should delete items at their own risk right now.  I'd prefer to hear from a dev that it's ok to do this before potentially wasting 2 heirloom points.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 01:07:34 am »
I had the same problem so I just sold my regular item then heir loomed the item I had bought and it worked out fine for me. Just remember to remove items from the marketplace before heir looming.
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 04:34:56 am »
This can be closed; problem has been fixed.

I learned that the reason I wasn't seeing the bodkins as an option to heirloom is because I had the other copy in my inventory.  The solution (because I was warned not to sell the bodkins to the 'bank' was to put the regular bodkins on the market for cheap and have someone buy them.  As soon as they did, I could see the loomed arrows as normal as an option for heirlooming.

So that way worked great if other people have a similar problem!  Still seems a bit shady and might need some looking into, but at least there appears to be a workable go-around.

Thanks