Author Topic: Is trading other game account for items allowed?  (Read 573 times)

Offline kevdix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_Kevin_The_D
Is trading other game account for items allowed?
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:17:49 am »
I figured better to ask here than the trade specific forum. I was wondering if trading an account from another game (rift in this case) for heirloomed items in this game was allowable? I know money isn't for in game items, but trading  an unrelated account for items seems reasonable.

Offline Denam

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyanide_Taffy, Is_This_Annoying, Tianyuan
Re: Is trading other game account for items allowed?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:00:07 pm »
I believe it is safe to assume that trading an account for heirloom items or gold is essentially the same as trading for money. I think of it like RMT, sure you can say you're just trading an account, but an account has value. I used to play FFXI and their stance was pretty much that you might play the character, but the character, and all of its items and gold are the property of SE. You can trade items, armor, weapons and such within the game because it is part of the game world, and though your character has that shiny new sword, all of it still belongs to SE.

Applying this to c-rpg, while you might have customized your character, earned all that gold, all of it belongs to chadz. You can trade all your gold, armor, and weapons within the system as much as you like, however all of it belongs to chadz, and he can take it away if he feels like it.

TL;DR

chadz owns your shit, you can't trade for anything outside the game.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 04:05:35 pm »
That doesn't mean it's impossible to "trade" the right to use those e-items. But it's unsafe and nobody is going to cry with you or give you any payback if you are scammed.

Offline Denam

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyanide_Taffy, Is_This_Annoying, Tianyuan
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 04:20:40 pm »
That doesn't mean it's impossible to "trade" the right to use those e-items. But it's unsafe and nobody is going to cry with you or give you any payback if you are scammed.

This is true, and I know nobody cares but again I'll compare it to FFXI. In FFXI if your account is suspected of RMT and there is sufficient evidence they ban your account, and if you are lucky you can try to appeal it through customer service and what not which can take several weeks.

This game is F2P, chadz doesn't get paid for doing this (aside from generous donations). If he says you don't get to play anymore, thats about all there is to it.

IMO it really isn't worth the risk, just enjoy the game and if you really want to get that extra heirloom point or w/e, do a light armor build for 1 gen, and buy a point from someone.