Author Topic: My demands! ...or suggestions. Whatever floats your boat.  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
My demands! ...or suggestions. Whatever floats your boat.
« on: February 04, 2018, 04:51:38 am »
+12
Here's a list of primarily small things that have bugged me in one way or another since I started playing again.  They are mostly suggestions but a couple could be bugs.

• Noble Dagger:  Please add the noble dagger to the quickdraw list.
  • Palfrey:  The texture for the palfrey does not appear to align correctly resulting in the eyes being located on top of the horses head.
  • Large Throwing Weapons: Larger thrown weapons such as lances, spears and jarids seem like they should not "stick" to the bodies of players that are still alive.
  • Guisarme:  This weapon appears to fit the length requirements for being sheathable but currently is not.  I'd probably use it more often if I didn't drop it every time I reflexively hit the sheath button.
  • Missile Headshot Bonus:  iirc missile weapons have a special headshot multiplier that is either higher than the melee multiplier or is in addition to that multiplier.  I honestly don't think that they need it.
  • Shield on Back Blocks Missiles:  See Jona's thread for more detail on this.
  • DTV Gear Box:  Is there anyway to make this indestructible without harming Strategus?  The bots seem to be incapable of actively targeting it so it is only ever destroyed by trolls.  It's not that big of a deal now that DTV is shorter but still...
  • Shared Inventory:  It would be really convenient if I could put my most commonly used gear into a special inventory that is accessible by all of my characters simultaneously.  It's a pain to have to transfer gear whenever I feel the desire to play a different alt.  This one would probably be pretty tough to implement so I won't feel bad if noone wants to work on this.
  • Armor Sanity Check:  There are a number of body/head armor pieces that have odd stats.  Like the new Footman's/Archer's sallets; which are basically the same as the "Open Sallet" but with a cloth coif; yet have significantly lower armor values.  This is another one that would probably be a big pain in the ass to accomplish.
  • Two-handed Nudge:  Please make it so that you can start this nudge from held overhead/left/right swing positions rather than just overhead.

[EDIT 18/02/14] Added Two-handed Nudge
[EDIT 18/03/24] Gray italics denote list objects that have been completed.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 01:20:46 am by Nehvar »
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: My demands! ...or suggestions. Whatever floats your boat.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 09:19:30 am »
+2
Shields on the back don't prevent damage entirely but it mitigates damage heavily. (+3 arb +3 steel bolts dropped down to 14 dmg on medium armor infantry if shot in the back with a shield on the back) higher the resistance the better the damage mitigation

I like the idea shared inventory perhaps instead of tying +3 items to specific character id's rather do it to account Id's so they appear to be in the inventory of every character you wish to play on while +0s will remain locked to specific characters.

*noted on Guisarme ill look at it*

Bots shoot the gear box and it bugs after 1 hit XD but yes trolls too. 

Offline _Tamra_

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 296
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Greys & Druzhina & Vanguard & Mercs & Krems
  • Game nicks: Tamra & Asha Campana
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 03:55:17 pm »
+1
  • DTV Gear Box:  Is there anyway to make this indestructible without harming Strategus?  The bots seem to be incapable of actively targeting it so it is only ever destroyed by trolls.  It's not that big of a deal now that DTV is shorter but still...

One could create a duplicate of the equipment box with tweaked HP so strategus istn't affected. The only reason it didn't happen yet is because you need to place the boxes on each map separately. (Which is a hell of work apparently).
Usually there is a 2nd box on the map, trolls just get kicked/banned and they might learn.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Definitely not a fucking forum warrior.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 08:58:53 pm »
Been thinking there should be a shared inventory myself. To avoid inventory overflow, maybe you could be able to flag items as shared? A show/hide flag per item and character would also be okay.

About the boxes, instead of creating a copy for DTV and editing all the maps, why not create a copy for strategus and not have to change anything except a single script reference?

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:52:09 pm »
+1
What I wonder is why it doesn't work properly anymore. 9 out of 10 times I use it, I get a longsword or a sickle for head or body gear, leaving my character naked in those areas.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 05:52:57 am »
+1
all of these suggestions minus removing persistent large throwing weapons, then get persistent throwing axes and such working again pls
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 02:45:05 pm »
+1
Here's a list of primarily small things that have bugged me in one way or another since I started playing again.  They are mostly suggestions but a couple could be bugs.

• Palfrey:  The texture for the palfrey does not appear to align correctly resulting in the eyes being located on top of the horses head.

This sounds amazing and I don't see how it's a bug lol!

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 11:56:15 pm »
BUMP: I had forgotten this one due to how little I've played my main lately.

• Two-handed Nudge:  Please make it so that you can start this nudge from held overhead/left/right swing positions rather than just overhead.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...